|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ursula’s father do during the argument after she announces she will get married tomorrow in Chapter 27?
(a) He storms out of the house.
(b) He calls his mother.
(c) He gives her a kiss.
(d) He slaps her.
2. Where does the wedding reception take place in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Hermione say she’s been away in Chapter 22?
(a) To see her father.
(b) To perform in a play.
(c) To get married.
(d) For her health.
4. Who jumps in to save Gerald’s sister from drowning in Chapter 14?
(b) Dr. Foxglove.
(c) Dr. Brindell.
5. Where does the narrator say Birkin went for a time after recovering from his illness in Chapter 19?
(a) The north of Poland.
(b) The west of Sweden.
(c) The south of France.
(d) The east of Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sandwiches do Ursula and Gudrun eat during their picnic by the lake in Chapter 14?
2. Birkin tells Gerald in Chapter 25, “One should avoid this HOME instinct. It’s not an instinct, it’s a habit of” what?
3. Who is described in Chapter 6 as a “prim young Russian with the smooth, warm-colored face and black, oiled hair”?
4. How is the horse described that Gerald Crich is riding when he meets Ursula and Gudrun by the railroad tracks in Chapter 9?
5. Of Gerald’s parents, the narrator says in Chapter 17 that their relationship “was wordless and unknown, but it was deep, awful, a relation of utter” what?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)