|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Breadalby is described as a house of what architectural style?
2. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(b) “Sunday Evening.”
(c) “A Chair.”
3. While riding on the train to London, Gerald Crich asks Rupert Birkin where he will stay in the city. Birkin replies he will stay with a friend where in Chapter 5?
(a) In Westminster.
(b) In Soho.
(c) In Noho.
(d) In Cambridge.
4. Who is described in Chapter 8 as “a learned, dry Baronet of fifty, who was always making witticisms and laughing at them heartily in a harsh, horse-laugh”?
(a) Mrs. Varley.
(b) Miss Inglis.
(c) Miss Bradley.
(d) Mrs. Salmon.
5. What is Halliday’s first name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Birkin day the Pompadour is located in Chapter 5?
2. Ursula and Gudrun set out for a walk where in Chapter 4?
3. When Ursula and Rupert Birkin take a punt to the island of the pond in Chapter 11, he says of the “jungle of rank plants,” “I shall mow this down, and then it will be romantic—like” what?
4. Where does the wedding reception take place in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the school where Ursula teaches in Chapter 1?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)