|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ursula and Gudrun set out for a walk where in Chapter 4?
(a) Willey Water.
(b) Sherwood Forest.
(c) St. Petersburg.
2. The following phrase from Chapter 29 is an example of what literary technique: “golden like honey of darkness”?
(a) Literary allusion.
3. What gentleman at the wedding in Chapter 1 does Gudrun immediately find attractive?
(a) Herr Loerke.
(b) Lloyd George.
(c) Gerald Crich.
(d) Lord Bacon.
4. What kind of sandwiches do Ursula and Gudrun eat during their picnic by the lake in Chapter 14?
(a) Ham and cheese.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Cucumber and caviar.
(d) Tuna with lettuce.
5. Of England, Birkin says in Chapter 29, “It's a great actual unreality now, an aggregation into unreality. It might be real, if there were no” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Birkin tells Ursula in Chapter 19, “I hate ecstasy, Dionysic or any other. It's like going round in” what?
2. Where has Hermione asked Ursula and Gudrun to come visit her and spend a few days in Chapter 4?
3. The narrator says of Birkin in Chapter 16, “He wanted sex to revert to the level of the other appetites, to be regarded as a functional process, not as” what?
4. Gudrun asks Gerald in Chapter 14 if he’s ever been on a steamer from Westminster Bridge to where?
5. Gudrun and Ursula row their canoe across the lake to bathe and picnic by a grove of what type of trees in Chapter 14?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)