|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The groom tells the wedding guests at the reception that he was late for what reason in Chapter 2?
(a) His shoes needed shining.
(b) He was missing a button hook.
(c) A dog stole his tie.
(d) His pants were wrinkled.
2. Where does the wedding reception take place in Chapter 2?
3. When Gerald awakens to find Halliday and others sitting naked by the fire in Chapter 7, he compares Halliday as being “like Christ in a” what?
4. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(d) “A Chair.”
5. When Ursula and Rupert Birkin take a punt to the island of the pond in Chapter 11, he says of the “jungle of rank plants,” “I shall mow this down, and then it will be romantic—like” what?
(a) “Odysseus and Penelope.”
(b) “Cleopatra and Marc Anthony.”
(c) “Paul et Virginie.”
(d) “Romeo and Juliet.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drops Gudrun’s drawings into the water in Chapter 10?
2. What is Birkin’s answer in Chapter 11 when Ursula asks him, “Then why do you care about people at all if you don't believe in love? Why do you bother about humanity?”
3. What is the title of Chapter 7?
4. By what name is the laborers wife at the mill called in Chapter 12?
5. According to the author in Chapter 1, Gudrun and Ursula “both had the remote, virgin look of modern girls, sisters of Artemis rather than of” whom?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)