|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ursula and Gudrun set out for a walk where in Chapter 4?
(a) Willey Water.
(b) St. Petersburg.
(c) Sherwood Forest.
2. What is the name of the school where Ursula teaches in Chapter 1?
(a) Robert Collins Grammar School.
(b) James Thompson Grammar School.
(c) Willey Green Grammar School.
(d) Thomas Jones Grammar School.
3. What is the name of the man that Hermione is courted by in the beginning of the novel?
(a) William Brangwen.
(b) Lloyd George.
(c) Billy McFarlane.
(d) Rupert Birkin.
4. Where does Birkin day the Pompadour is located in Chapter 5?
(a) Sherwood Forest.
(b) Piccadilly Circus.
(c) Southwell Minster.
5. Who is described in Chapter 6 as a “prim young Russian with the smooth, warm-colored face and black, oiled hair”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Breadalby is described in Chapter 8 as “standing among the softer, greener hills of” where?
2. Ursula and Gudrun are having a discussion in their father’s house located where in Chapter 1?
3. What gentleman at the wedding in Chapter 1 does Gudrun immediately find attractive?
4. What is Birkin’s answer in Chapter 11 when Ursula asks him, “Then why do you care about people at all if you don't believe in love? Why do you bother about humanity?”
5. While riding on the train to London, Gerald Crich asks Rupert Birkin where he will stay in the city. Birkin replies he will stay with a friend where in Chapter 5?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)