|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gerald awakens to find Halliday and others sitting naked by the fire in Chapter 7, he compares Halliday as being “like Christ in a” what?
2. How old is Gudrun in Chapter 1?
3. Who is described in Chapter 8 as “a learned, dry Baronet of fifty, who was always making witticisms and laughing at them heartily in a harsh, horse-laugh”?
(a) Mrs. Salmon.
(b) Mrs. Varley.
(c) Miss Inglis.
(d) Miss Bradley.
4. What gentleman at the wedding in Chapter 1 does Gudrun immediately find attractive?
(a) Herr Loerke.
(b) Gerald Crich.
(c) Lord Bacon.
(d) Lloyd George.
5. Rupert Birkin keeps rooms in what town because most of his work lay chiefly there in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Halliday’s first name in the novel?
2. Breadalby is described as a house of what architectural style?
3. What is the title of Chapter 7?
4. How long does Pussum say she’s known she was pregnant when speaking with Gerald in Chapter 6?
5. Where has Hermione asked Ursula and Gudrun to come visit her and spend a few days in Chapter 4?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)