|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Ursula receives an invitation for her and Gudrun to have tea with whom?
2. When Birkin says he’ll quit his job and live without humanity in Chapter 11, Ursula asks him if he has enough money to live on. How much does Birkin respond that he receives per year?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 650 pounds.
(d) 1,200 pounds.
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) “Sunday Evening.”
(b) “Gudrun in the Pompadour.”
(c) “Crème de Menthe.”
4. Where does Birkin say Gerald went exploring after fighting in the last war when he introduces him to Pussum in Chapter 6?
(b) The Sahara.
(d) The Amazon.
5. Where has Hermione asked Ursula and Gudrun to come visit her and spend a few days in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ursula and Gudrun are having a discussion in their father’s house located where in Chapter 1?
2. While riding on the train to London, Gerald Crich asks Rupert Birkin where he will stay in the city. Birkin replies he will stay with a friend where in Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of the man that Hermione is courted by in the beginning of the novel?
4. What is Hermione’s last name in the novel?
5. Who comes out and jumps in the water as Ursula and Gudrun pass in Chapter 4?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)