|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of Birkin, the narrator says in Chapter 16 that he hated what “even worse than marriage”?
2. Which of Gerald’s sisters falls into the lake in Chapter 14?
3. By what nickname does Mr. Crich call Winifred in Chapter 21?
4. Birkin tells Ursula in Chapter 19, “I wouldn't give a straw for your female ego—it's” what?
(a) “A gentle flower.”
(c) “A rag doll.”
5. Gerald Crich’s mother is repeatedly compared to what type of bird in Chapter 17?
(a) An owl.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the servant who accompanies Winifred when she meets Gudrun in Chapter 18?
2. Birkin tells Ursula in Chapter 19, “I hate ecstasy, Dionysic or any other. It's like going round in” what?
3. When Ursula and Rupert Birkin take a punt to the island of the pond in Chapter 11, he says of the “jungle of rank plants,” “I shall mow this down, and then it will be romantic—like” what?
4. Where does the gatekeeper at the train station say that Gerald Crich bought his horse in Chapter 9?
5. Who do Gudrun and Ursula go to in Willey Green to buy honey from in Chapter 17?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)