|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says of Birkin in Chapter 16, “He wanted sex to revert to the level of the other appetites, to be regarded as a functional process, not as” what?
(a) “A fulfillment.”
(b) “A commitment.”
(c) “A resentment.”
(d) “A procurement.”
2. In Chapter 13, Ursula receives an invitation for her and Gudrun to have tea with whom?
3. What word from Chapter 9 refers to a coalmine, including all the buildings and equipment?
4. What is the title of Chapter 12?
(b) “A Chair.”
(d) “The Industrial Magnate.”
5. According to the author in Chapter 26, there was a jumble in the old market place in town every afternoon on what day of the week?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Gudrun have “of which nobody knew anything” in Chapter 17?
2. What is Birkin’s answer in Chapter 11 when Ursula asks him, “Then why do you care about people at all if you don't believe in love? Why do you bother about humanity?”
3. Who is described as the only one of his children that Gerald’s father had loved in Chapter 17?
4. Birkin says in Chapter 16 that “every true artist is the salvation of” what?
5. Who drops Gudrun’s drawings into the water in Chapter 10?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)