|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Gudrun and Ursula go to in Willey Green to buy honey from in Chapter 17?
(a) Miss Bradley.
(b) Miss Inglis.
(c) Mrs. Salmon.
(d) Mrs. Kirk.
2. What is the name of the electrician that Gudrun befriends at the market in Chapter 9?
3. What does Ursula’s father do during the argument after she announces she will get married tomorrow in Chapter 27?
(a) He gives her a kiss.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He storms out of the house.
(d) He calls his mother.
4. What is the name of the servant who accompanies Winifred when she meets Gudrun in Chapter 18?
(c) Miss Inglis.
5. Gerald Crich’s mother is repeatedly compared to what type of bird in Chapter 17?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) An owl.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A hawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Birkin’s landlady who answers the door to Ursula in Chapter 27?
2. Birkin tells Ursula in Chapter 26, “Now my rooms at the Mill are quite complete, I want them” where?
3. Birkin exclaims to Ursula in the marketplace in Chapter 26, “It is all possessions, possessions, bullying you and turning you into” what?
4. What kind of factory stands over the shops and houses in the poor quarter of town where the old market place is located in Chapter 26?
5. When Ursula and Rupert Birkin take a punt to the island of the pond in Chapter 11, he says of the “jungle of rank plants,” “I shall mow this down, and then it will be romantic—like” what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)