|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 26?
(b) “A Chair.”
2. What kind of flowers does Birkin send out floating across the pond in Chapter 11?
3. What two words does the narrator say that from Ursula always drove her father mad in Chapter 27?
(a) “Let’s pray.”
(b) “Why not?”
(c) “I’m right.”
(d) “Over here.”
4. Who is described as the only one of his children that Gerald’s father had loved in Chapter 17?
5. What kind of factory stands over the shops and houses in the poor quarter of town where the old market place is located in Chapter 26?
(a) A candy factory.
(b) A hosiery factory.
(c) An automobile factory.
(d) A carpet factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gerald Crich’s mother is repeatedly compared to what type of bird in Chapter 17?
2. Birkin tells Gerald in Chapter 25, “One should avoid this HOME instinct. It’s not an instinct, it’s a habit of” what?
3. What city does Gudrun consider to be “dry, and essentially boring” in Chapter 17?
4. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, Gerald had refused to go to what school, instead choosing a German university?
5. Rupert Birkin tells Ursula in Chapter 11, “Man is one of the mistakes of creation—like” what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)