1. Ursula and Gudrun are having a discussion in their father’s house located where in Chapter 1?
2. What age is Ursula described as being in Chapter 1?
3. How old is Gudrun in Chapter 1?
4. According to the author in Chapter 1, Gudrun and Ursula “both had the remote, virgin look of modern girls, sisters of Artemis rather than of” whom?
5. What is the name of the school where Ursula teaches in Chapter 1?
(a) Willey Green Grammar School.
(b) Thomas Jones Grammar School.
(c) Robert Collins Grammar School.
(d) James Thompson Grammar School.
6. What is the last name of Ursula and Gudrun in the novel?
7. What is the name of the chief mine-owner in the district where Ursula and Gudrun grew up in the novel?
(a) Lord Bacon.
(b) Billy McFarlane.
(c) William Brangwen.q
(d) Thomas Crich.
8. What gentleman at the wedding in Chapter 1 does Gudrun immediately find attractive?
(a) Lloyd George.
(b) Lord Bacon.
(c) Gerald Crich.
(d) Herr Loerke.
This section contains 4,187 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)