|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Connie dreams of being a co-mother to whom?
2. How does Connie get the news that Dolly and Geraldo have separated?
3. Connie encounters Luciente and Bee where, in the middle of a battle?
4. Connie finds herself in a trench, with a weapon, about to fire on what?
5. Luciente, Bee and Connie run to escape the effects of what type of weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Connie at the bus station?
2. Who is Gildina?
3. Who is Parra?
4. What is the nature of the war Luciente's community is fighting?
5. What message does Connie leave on Dawn's answering machine after she borrows money from Skip to make the phone call?
6. How does Connie smuggle the poison into the hospital?
7. What does Connie have to cope with as she becomes a model patient?
8. What does Connie try to convince herself of at the end of Chapter 13?
9. What help does Luciente provide when Connie escapes from the hospital?
10. As Connie and the others are beginning their attack in the future, what does Connie flash back to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Connie insane or are her experience with the future real? Provide support for your answer by using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is a friend? Who is the best friend to Connie in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How do Connie's underlying feelings of resentment and anger contribute to her problems? What is her resolution to the situation? Provide evidence from the book in support of your answer.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)