|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of patient does Connie become after her implant is removed?
2. How does Connie feel when she discovers that Luciente has enabled her to share psychic contact with Bee?
3. Connie finds herself in a trench, with a weapon, about to fire on what?
4. Who is Luciente in conflict with because she is jealous?
5. Luciente, Bee and Connie run to escape the effects of what type of weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bee urge Connie to continue fighting?
2. What is the nature of the war Luciente's community is fighting?
3. What is the goal of Dr. Redding's experiments?
4. Describe Jackrabbit's wake.
5. How does Connie smuggle the poison into the hospital?
6. Who controls the world in which Gildina lives?
7. What is the purpose of the demonstration Connie attends and Alice is the subject of?
8. What is a flimsy?
9. Who is Hawk?
10. What does Connie try to convince herself of at the end of Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain, using examples from the book, how Connie's experiences in the future give her determination and goals in the present.
Essay Topic 2
Explain, using examples from the book, what are the various internal and external factors that lead Connie to her final act of rebellion.
Essay Topic 3
What is the reason the author included Connie and Dolly's conversation at the beginning of Chapter 2? How does it contribute to the reader's understanding of the story and the characters?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)