|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Connie that she is living "at a certain crux in history....forces are in conflict. Technology is imbalanced."
2. Where does Connie travel to buy a ticket out of the city?
3. Who tells Connie that all the testing subjects are to be moved to a different ward?
4. Connie, after Sappho's death, regains consciousness and has a nurse doing what to her?
5. Connie borrows money from Skip to call who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the goal of Dr. Redding's experiments?
2. What is a flimsy?
3. Who is Gildina?
4. Who controls the world in which Gildina lives?
5. As Sappho's body is taken to its resting place, what does Luciente tell Connie?
6. How does Connie smuggle the poison into the hospital?
7. What does Luciente tell Connie about possible futures?
8. As Connie and the others are beginning their attack in the future, what does Connie flash back to?
9. Who is Parra?
10. What does Connie try to convince herself of at the end of Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is foreshadowing? How is it used in this novel? Provide at least three examples of foreshadowing in the story and explain their effectiveness.
Essay Topic 2
Explain, using examples from the book, what are the various internal and external factors that lead Connie to her final act of rebellion.
Essay Topic 3
What is a friend? Who is the best friend to Connie in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)