|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Connie finds herself in a trench, with a weapon, about to fire on what?
2. The war Luciente's community is fighting is between corrupted technology and what?
3. Where does Connie find Gildina?
4. Drinking what beverage, is almost ritualized in Luciente's world?
5. While Connie watches Skip be prepared for surgery, she knows that Alice is down the hall staring at what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connie try to convince herself of at the end of Chapter 13?
2. What does Skip tell Connie when she visits him the night before he is sent home?
3. Who is Parra?
4. What dream does Connie lose herself in when she sits by the fire after escaping?
5. What is the nature of the war Luciente's community is fighting?
6. What help does Luciente provide when Connie escapes from the hospital?
7. As Sappho's body is taken to its resting place, what does Luciente tell Connie?
8. Who is Hawk?
9. What is Luciente and Bolivar's punishment?
10. What does Connie have to cope with as she becomes a model patient?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain, using examples from the book, how the people Connie meets in the present and the future become allies and inspiration in her struggle for self-respect and freedom.
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of parents and children explained in the story? Give specific examples of how the future and present are the same, and different, in their presentations of this theme.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, explain the importance or symbolism of coffee.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)