|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Connie returns to her own time after Jackrabbit's funeral, she discovers she has been in a coma for how long?
2. Luciente, Bee and Connie run to escape the effects of what type of weapon?
3. Who tells Connie that she is living "at a certain crux in history....forces are in conflict. Technology is imbalanced."
4. Where does Connie fall asleep after she escapes from the hospital?
5. Connie dreams of being a co-mother to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Sappho's body is taken to its resting place, what does Luciente tell Connie?
2. How does Connie smuggle the poison into the hospital?
3. What is Luciente and Bolivar's punishment?
4. What dream does Connie lose herself in when she sits by the fire after escaping?
5. What is the way Luciente decides to help Connie escape?
6. Who is Parra?
7. Who is Sappho?
8. What message does Connie leave on Dawn's answering machine after she borrows money from Skip to make the phone call?
9. Describe Jackrabbit's wake.
10. As Connie and the others are beginning their attack in the future, what does Connie flash back to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain the importance or symbolism of coffee.
Essay Topic 2
How does the changing of names in the future relate to the psychoanalytical premise that an individual's personality consists of different facets? Show, using examples from the book, how Connie exhibits this.
Essay Topic 3
Explain, using examples from the book, how the people Connie meets in the present and the future become allies and inspiration in her struggle for self-respect and freedom.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)