|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many names are people in Luciente's community known by?
2. When Connie can communicate with the future, she is diagnosed as what?
3. What is the name of Luciente's watch?
4. What is the name of the building where everyone in Luciente's community eats?
5. Bee's child is ______ for the experience of being in the wilds.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the seasons changing from winter to spring in Chapter 4?
2. What are the living arrangements for adults in Luciente's community?
3. Who was Claud and what happened to him?
4. Why does Dolly appear at Connie's door?
5. What is the naming ritual Innocente undergoes?
6. How does Luciente get Connie to travel to the future the first time?
7. Who does Connie see when she is at the playground?
8. Why might the author draw the parallel between Angelina and Dawn so closely?
9. How do the children learn in Luciente's community?
10. How does Connie get to Bellevue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the changing of names in the future relate to the psychoanalytical premise that an individual's personality consists of different facets? Show, using examples from the book, how Connie exhibits this.
Essay Topic 2
What is a friend? Who is the best friend to Connie in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of parents and children explained in the story? Give specific examples of how the future and present are the same, and different, in their presentations of this theme.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)