|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eddie is what relation to Angelina?
2. How does Connie break Dolly's pimp's nose?
3. Jackrabbit says that traveling, as Luciente and Connie did, is called what?
4. When Connie meets Barbarossa, how is Barbarossa described?
5. How does Connie think of Eddie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the children learn in Luciente's community?
2. What is ironic about the seasons changing from winter to spring in Chapter 4?
3. Describe Connie Ramos.
4. How does Connie answer the questions from Redding about whether she has experienced headaches or blackouts?
5. What is the symbolism of Connie's cell in the hospital?
6. What happens when Geraldo arrives at Connie's apartment?
7. Who does Connie blame for the walls she has built between herself and the world?
8. Why is Connie confused about the naming ritual Innocente is going to undergo?
9. How does Connie get to Bellevue?
10. What are some words that might characterize the future world Luciente describes in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain, using examples from the book, how the people Connie meets in the present and the future become allies and inspiration in her struggle for self-respect and freedom.
Essay Topic 2
Explain, using examples from the book, what the irony is in Luciente's belief that sometimes murder is okay. Why is it ironic?
Essay Topic 3
Explain, using examples from the book, how Connie's experiences in the future give her determination and goals in the present.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)