|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luciente says that the one thing which, more than anything, differentiated female humans from male humans was the ability to do what?
2. After visiting Dolly, how was Connie going to get home?
3. When Dolly's pimp arrives at Connie's, he wants to force Dolly into what?
4. Who is Connie overjoyed to see return to the institution?
5. How does Dolly get into Connie's apartment at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some words that might characterize the future world Luciente describes in Chapter 2?
2. Why might the author draw the parallel between Angelina and Dawn so closely?
3. What are the living arrangements for adults in Luciente's community?
4. What is the symbolism of Connie's cell in the hospital?
5. What happens when Geraldo arrives at Connie's apartment?
6. How does Luciente get Connie to travel to the future the first time?
7. When Connie firsts sees Dawn, what happens?
8. What does Luciente's community symbolize to Connie?
9. What is "inknowing?"
10. Why is Connie confused about the naming ritual Innocente is going to undergo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Connie and Luciente's ideas of freedom differ? Support your answer using specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Is Connie insane or are her experience with the future real? Provide support for your answer by using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is a friend? Who is the best friend to Connie in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)