|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Connie is short for what name?
2. In Luciente's world, when young people are taught how to connect with and control the functioning of their internal systems is a process called what?
3. When Connie is in the mental hospital and attempt to contact Luciente, how long has it been since she and Luciente first spoke?
4. Jackrabbit says that traveling, as Luciente and Connie did, is called what?
5. Luciente says that the one thing which, more than anything, differentiated female humans from male humans was the ability to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events does Chapter 2 narrate?
2. Why has the concept of motherhood been removed from Luciente's society?
3. What does Luciente's community symbolize to Connie?
4. How does Connie answer the questions from Redding about whether she has experienced headaches or blackouts?
5. Why might the author draw the parallel between Angelina and Dawn so closely?
6. When Connie begins to think of Angelina as a "canned child," what happens to her?
7. What makes Luciente uncomfortable when he appears to Connie the first time?
8. What is "inknowing?"
9. While Connie is contemplating being called a receiver, what does she feel?
10. Why do Connie and Sybil carefully renew their friendship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are Angelina and Dawn similar and different? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How are Connie's cell and Luciente's community opposites of each other? Include what the two things symbolize, what they represent, and how they are presented. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, explain the importance or symbolism of coffee.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)