|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Connie leaves Luciente, what meal does she prepare at home?
2. Where are the houses of Luciente's community located?
3. The narration calls a child who is born outside the womb by what name?
4. Who is Connie overjoyed to see return to the institution?
5. In Chapter 6, Connie discovers her friend in the institution is being given what type of treatments?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Connie firsts sees Dawn, what happens?
2. How does Connie answer the questions from Redding about whether she has experienced headaches or blackouts?
3. What are some words that might characterize the future world Luciente describes in Chapter 2?
4. What is the symbolism of Connie's cell in the hospital?
5. How do the children learn in Luciente's community?
6. Describe Connie Ramos.
7. What are the living arrangements for adults in Luciente's community?
8. What is the naming ritual Innocente undergoes?
9. What happens when Connie is first taken to the new G-2 Ward?
10. How does Connie get to Bellevue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are Connie's cell and Luciente's community opposites of each other? Include what the two things symbolize, what they represent, and how they are presented. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Is Connie insane or are her experience with the future real? Provide support for your answer by using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Is Connie a hero? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)