|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style is Chapter 2 written in?
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
2. Connie and her friend become aware of a new change in the ward. What is the change?
(a) A new doctor.
(b) A new guard.
(c) A new nurse.
(d) A new patient.
3. Connie is surprised to learn that the children in Luciente's world do not do what?
(a) Go to the doctor.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Celebrate Christmas.
4. When Connie meets Barbarossa, how is Barbarossa described?
5. What type of day is it, when Connie is in the new ward and feels Luciente reaching for her?
(a) Rainy day.
(b) Sunny day.
(c) Windy day.
(d) Snowy day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Connie is first interviewed by the head doctor of the experiment, what are the first questions she is asked?
2. What is the name of the building where the fetuses of children are incubated in Luciente's community?
3. How old is Connie Ramos?
4. Connie wants her children to live in love like a what?
5. Connie is surprised to see that the children in Luciente's world have very few what?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Connie is contemplating being called a receiver, what does she feel?
2. How do the children learn in Luciente's community?
3. What does Luciente's community symbolize to Connie?
4. Who does Connie see when she is at the playground?
5. What happens when Connie is first taken to the new G-2 Ward?
6. What are the living arrangements for adults in Luciente's community?
7. How does Luciente get Connie to travel to the future the first time?
8. When Connie firsts sees Dawn, what happens?
9. Why has the concept of motherhood been removed from Luciente's society?
10. Why is Connie confused about the naming ritual Innocente is going to undergo?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)