|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Becoming involved in the ward gossip about the doctors makes Connie feel what?
2. Luciente, Bee and Connie run to escape the effects of what type of weapon?
3. Who created the presentation that portrays the behavior of past humans in placing animals into extinction?
(a) Bolivar and Jackrabbit.
(b) Jackrabbit and Luciente.
(c) Luciente and Bee.
(d) Bolivar and Bee.
4. Connie borrows money from Skip to call who?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
5. The Shapers want to breed people for what?
(b) Scientific purposes.
(c) Promotion of humanity.
(d) Selected traits.
6. Connie is unhappy that Dolly is unwilling to do what?
(a) Bring Connie drugs.
(b) Bring Connie money.
(c) Help Connie find her mother.
(d) Help Connie leave.
7. What will happen to the light and pretty garment Connie wears to the festival after the festival?
(a) It will be given to another.
(b) It will be composted.
(c) Connie will get to keep it.
(d) It will be remade.
8. What is the name Luciente gives to the light and pretty unisex garment Connie wears to a festival?
9. At the brooder, Luciente and the others are told that what, about Jackrabbit, will be incorporated into the new life?
(a) His brown-haired genes.
(b) He artistic genes.
(c) His mother's genetic make-up.
(d) His exact genetic make-up.
10. Where does Connie travel to buy a ticket out of the city?
(b) Travel agent.
(c) Train station.
(d) Bus depot.
11. Where does Connie buy a ticket to go, in order to leave the city?
(d) New York.
12. As Connie recovers, she learns that Skip is going to be sent where?
(a) Another hospital.
(c) To an observation chamber.
(d) Into solitary confinement.
13. Who tells Connie that she is living "at a certain crux in history....forces are in conflict. Technology is imbalanced."
14. Dawn comes to Connie's present and is excited to be in the past but feels what, when she sees the waste and pollution?
15. Gildina says that the man she has to please is largely what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do people serve in Luciente's government?
2. In Luciente's time, an airborne transport is called what?
3. The guard arrives and tells Gildina that she is going to be turned over to where?
4. Who does Connie consult with for help in planning an escape?
5. Luciente believes that freedom is often corrupted by what?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)