|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luciente believes that freedom is often corrupted by what?
2. The war Luciente's community is fighting is between corrupted technology and what?
3. Connie, after Sappho's death, regains consciousness and has a nurse doing what to her?
(a) Feeding her.
(b) Shaking her awake.
(c) Taking her blood.
(d) Giving her an injection.
4. What profession does Jackrabbit hold?
5. At the brooder, Luciente and the others are told that what, about Jackrabbit, will be incorporated into the new life?
(a) His exact genetic make-up.
(b) He artistic genes.
(c) His mother's genetic make-up.
(d) His brown-haired genes.
6. What will happen to the light and pretty garment Connie wears to the festival after the festival?
(a) It will be remade.
(b) It will be given to another.
(c) It will be composted.
(d) Connie will get to keep it.
7. Luciente says that participants in the future's government are chosen by what?
(b) Family ties.
8. Who is Luciente in conflict with because she is jealous?
9. Drinking what beverage, is almost ritualized in Luciente's world?
10. Who tells Connie that all the testing subjects are to be moved to a different ward?
(b) A nurse.
(c) The doctor.
11. Luciente, Bee and Connie run to escape the effects of what type of weapon?
12. Innocente has been renamed what?
13. After the demonstration with Alice is finished, Connie vows that she will never allow herself to be what?
(a) Controlled in that way.
(b) Emotional and violent.
(c) Helpful to the doctor.
(d) Part of this experiment.
14. When Connie returns to her own time after Jackrabbit's funeral, she discovers she has been in a coma for how long?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) One day.
15. Luciente explains to Connie that after Sappho is buried, what will happen?
(a) Another child will be born.
(b) Another child will die.
(c) One of her children will take over her job.
(d) One of her children will take over her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Connie watches Skip be prepared for surgery, she knows that Alice is down the hall staring at what?
2. Alice is the subject of a demonstration performed in front of what?
3. What is the name of the entertainment that Luciente takes Connie to when they leave the games and festivities?
4. After her visit to the future and seeing the resolution of the conflict Luciente was involved in, what role does Connie think she can be successful in?
5. When Dolly visits Connie in the hospital, she is evidently what?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)