|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Graciela’s friend agrees to meet Cleofilas at a business by what interstate in order to take her to the bus station?
2. In the telenovela Maria de Nadie, the heroine has the ill fortune of falling in love with the beautiful son of what family?
(a) The Hernandez family
(b) The Ortiz family
(c) The Morales family
(d) The Arrocha family
3. The name “Dolores” means what in Spanish?
4. Juan Pedro throws a book across the room and leaves a hot welt where on Cleofilas?
(a) Her forehead
(b) Her ear
(c) Her neck
(d) Her cheek
5. At what business does Graciela’s friend agree to meet Cleofilas in order to drive her to the bus station?
(a) The Walgreens
(b) The ice house
(c) The K-mart
(d) The Cash-N-Carry
Short Answer Questions
1. In Seguin, Cleofilas feels that “the towns here are built so that you have to depend on” what?
2. What is Juan Pedro said to do in public by the narrator?
3. Of the men at the bar, the narrator says “If they are lucky, there are” what “at the end of the long night”?
4. When Felice drives across the creek with Cleofilas, she opens her mouth and lets “out a yell as loud as any” what?
5. In the town where Cleofilas grew up, the narrator says “there isn’t very much to do except accompany the aunts and godmothers to the house of one or the other to” do what?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)