|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Cleofilas’ neighbor to the right when she lives near Woman Hollering Creek?
2. What does Cleofilas sip “until it grows warm” when she accompanies her husband to the bar in their first year of marriage?
(a) A margarita
(b) Gin and tonic
(c) A beer
(d) A glass of whiskey
3. As Cleofilas sits by the creek with her son in the beginning of the story, she thinks “How when a man and a woman love each other, sometimes that love” does what?
4. On the nights when Juan Pedro does not come home, Cleofilas is said to lie on “her side of the bed listening to the hollow roar of” what?
(a) The wind
(b) The thunder
(c) The interstate
(d) The owls
5. Where does Cleofilas find Juan Pedro’s whiskers every morning?
(a) On the floor
(b) On the table
(c) In the sink
(d) In the bed
Short Answer Questions
1. “You or No One” is a title of what the short story?
2. What word from the story means “creek” in Spanish?
3. What title in the short story refers to a Mexican news–magazine specializing in graphic photographs of accidents and murder victims?
4. Who is the heroine of “You or No One”?
5. What is the name of the city where Cleofilas was born and raised?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)