|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what term does the narrator refer to the local bar where Juan Pedro drinks?
(a) The intoxication station
(b) The palace of suds
(c) The ice house
(d) The chugging pit
2. What word from the short story refers to limited–run serial dramatic television shows that are popular in Latin America?
(b) La Malinche
(d) Mi querida
3. Dolores’ garden is famous for what flowers that must be supported with broom handles and old boards?
4. Cleofilas thinks as she laments her unhappy marriage, “Everything happened to women with names like” what?
5. It is pointed out in “Woman Hollering Creek” that Cleofilas does not speak what language?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the central themes in “Woman Hollering Creek”?
2. What does the name Felice mean?
3. What does the name Graciela mean in Spanish?
4. Who does Graciela make a phone call to in the third section of the story?
5. Where does Cleofilas air out her husband’s shoes each evening?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)