|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town does Juan Pedro take Cleofilas to live in after they wed?
(a) Seguin, Texas
(b) Laredo, Texas
(c) Dallas, Texas
(d) Austin, Texas
2. What is Cleofilas doing when Maximiliano makes a rude gesture implying she needs to have sex?
(a) Cooking dinner
(b) Reading a book
(c) Washing dishes
3. What Spanish phrase from the story translates to “that life”?
(a) Entiendes? Pues
(b) Tu o Nadie
(c) Que vida
(d) Mala suerte
4. Dolores’ garden is famous for what flowers that must be supported with broom handles and old boards?
5. What does the narrator describe Cleofilas buying in the center of the town where she grew up in “that will appear in a day and a half as a pimple on her backside”?
(a) A milk shake
(b) A burrito
(c) Chocolate chip cookies
(d) A slice of cake
Short Answer Questions
1. In the second section of the story, the narrator speaks in direct address to the reader, asking “Did you watch last night’s episode of” what show?
2. Cleofilas imagines that she will wear outfits like what television star once she lives in America?
3. The heroine of “You or No One” is also said to be in commercials for what product in the story?
4. What does the name Graciela mean in Spanish?
5. What does the laundromat attendant yell at Cleofilas for after her son is born?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)