|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Spanish word from the story translates to “pregnant”?
2. Felice tells Cleofilas that she doesn’t have what?
(a) A vehicle
(b) A job
(c) A home
(d) A husband
3. According to the narrator, Juan Pedro has a bit of a belly from what?
(a) Eating sweets
(b) Eating too much meat
(c) The beer he drinks
(d) The wine he drinks
4. What phrase from the story is translated from Spanish as “Do you understand?”
(a) La consentida
(c) Mal aire
(d) Entiendes? Pues
5. Corin Tellado published more than how many novels in her lifetime?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cleofilas air out her husband’s shoes each evening?
2. At what time does Graciela’s friend agree to meet Cleofilas to take her to the bus station?
3. What does Cleofilas sip “until it grows warm” when she accompanies her husband to the bar in their first year of marriage?
4. Felice says to Cleofilas as they drive out of town, “I guess you’re only famous if you’re” what?
5. Dolores’ house is said to smell strongly of what in the story?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)