|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dolores’ garden is famous for what flowers that must be supported with broom handles and old boards?
2. What is Cleofilas’ presumed destination at the end of “Woman Hollering Creek”?
(a) Her mother’s house
(b) Her husband’s house
(c) Her father’s house
(d) Her daughter’s house
3. Cleofilas imagines that she will wear outfits like what television star once she lives in America?
(a) Elena Anaya
(b) Lucia Mendez
(c) Sara Carbonero
(d) Ivana Baquero
4. Which of Cleofilas’ neighbors considers herself a widow but never mentions her husband?
5. In the second section of the story, the narrator speaks in direct address to the reader, asking “Did you watch last night’s episode of” what show?
(a) Days of Our Lives
(b) The Bold and the Beautiful
(c) The Farmer’s Wife
(d) The Rich Also Cry
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cleofilas feel about the name of Woman Hollering Creek?
2. Cleofilas was born and raised in what Mexican state?
3. What word from the story means “creek” in Spanish?
4. Dolores’ husband is said to have died from what in the story?
5. In what year did Mexico win independence from Spain?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)