|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corin Tellado was a prolific Spanish writer of what genre?
(a) Science fiction novels
(b) Historical novels
(c) Modernist novels
(d) Romance novels
2. To whose house does Cleofilas slip away occasionally to watch telenovelas?
(a) Lucia Mendez’s
(c) Don Serafin’s
3. The narrator states early in the story, “To suffer for love is” what?
4. What is the name of the wealthy son that the heroine of Maria de Nadie falls in love with?
(a) Juan Carlos
(b) Enrique Antonio
(c) Victor Silvio
(d) Horacio Pedro
5. The narrator describes the character of Maximiliano how in the story?
(a) The well-dressed businessman from across town
(b) The foul-smelling fool from across the road
(c) The lazy bank teller
(d) The hardworking miner
Short Answer Questions
1. “You or No One” is a title of what the short story?
2. Cleofilas longs to change her name to something that is more what?
3. What is Cleofilas’ full name in “Woman Hollering Creek”?
4. What word from the story means causing a shudder or feeling of horror?
5. Cleofilas considers that her husband and the other men at the bar are “nightly trying to find the truth lying at the bottom of the bottle like” what?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)