|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cleofilas feel about the name of Woman Hollering Creek?
2. On what day of the week does Dolores take flowers to the grave of her husband and sons?
3. Who will apply the hair rinse that Cleofilas goes to buy early in the story?
4. When was the Spanish author Corin Tellado born?
5. Who does Cleofilas suggests writing to ask for money for the new baby’s expenses?
(a) Her father
(b) Her mother
(c) Juan Pedro’s father
(d) Juan Pedro’s mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle is Felice driving when she arrives to meet Cleofilas?
2. What is translated from Spanish as “who knows, beyond the Indians”?
3. Where does Cleofilas air out her husband’s shoes each evening?
4. Juan Pedro feels that if Cleofilas “had any brains in her head she’d realize he’s been up before” what, “earning his living”?
5. Felice says that the name of Woman Hollering Creek makes her want to “holler like” whom?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)