|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Graciela tells her friend on the phone that she would take Cleofilas to the bus station herself, but Cleofilas needs to be gone before what?
(a) The sun goes down
(b) The sun comes up
(c) The weekend
(d) Her husband gets home from work
2. What word from the story refers to a dead body?
3. What Spanish phrase in the story translates to “It is not good for your health”?
(a) No es bueno para la salud
(b) En el otro lado
(c) Pues, alla de los indios, quien sabe
(d) Mi querida
4. The narrator compares Cleofilas’ father’s head with what in the beginning of the story?
(a) A catfish
(b) A parrot
(c) A wolf
(d) A burro
5. The creek that runs behind Cleofilas’ house in America is called what in Spanish?
(a) Mala suerte
(b) Que vida
(c) Mi querida
(d) La Gritona
Short Answer Questions
1. On the nights when Juan Pedro does not come home, Cleofilas is said to lie on “her side of the bed listening to the hollow roar of” what?
2. What does the baby do as he pulls up fistfuls of grass by the creek?
3. By what term does the narrator refer to the local bar where Juan Pedro drinks?
4. At what time is Cleofilas’ doctor’s appointment when she goes to see about the health of her second pregnancy?
5. In comparing Seguin, Texas to her hometown, Cleofilas notes that the houses are what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)