|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers in Dolores’ garden are described as “fringed and bleeding a thick menstrual color”?
2. Juan Pedro throws a book across the room and leaves a hot welt where on Cleofilas?
(a) Her cheek
(b) Her forehead
(c) Her ear
(d) Her neck
3. What Spanish phrase from the story translates to “my darling”?
(a) Mi querida
(b) Que vida
(c) Mal aire
(d) La consentida
4. According to the narrator, Juan Pedro’s face is still scarred from what?
(a) The sun
(b) Knife fights
5. What is the name of the woman who drowns her children in the legend of “La Llorona”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Spanish phrase in the narrative translates to “bad luck”?
2. When was the Spanish author Corin Tellado born?
3. Cleofilas laments that her life has become like a telenovela except there is no what in sight?
4. “You or No One” is a title of what the short story?
5. What is Graciela’s position in “Woman Hollering Creek”?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)