|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juan Pedro feels that if Cleofilas “had any brains in her head she’d realize he’s been up before” what, “earning his living”?
(a) The sheep
(b) The cows
(c) The dog
(d) The rooster
2. What is the name of Cleofilas’ neighbor to the right when she lives near Woman Hollering Creek?
3. Where does Cleofilas put her bags when she meets Felice at the end of the story?
(a) In the trunk of the car
(b) In the back of the truck
(c) In the passenger seat
(d) On top of the sedan
4. In what year did Mexico win independence from Spain?
5. What town does Juan Pedro take Cleofilas to live in after they wed?
(a) Dallas, Texas
(b) Austin, Texas
(c) Seguin, Texas
(d) Laredo, Texas
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding Cleofilas’ feelings for Juan Pedro, the narrator states, “She has to remind herself why she loves him when she changes” what?
2. The narrator states early in the story, “To suffer for love is” what?
3. The narrator says early in the story, “But what Cleofilas has been waiting for, has been whispering and sighing and giggling for, has been anticipating since she was old enough to lean against the window displays of gauze and butterflies and lace, is” what?
4. When was the Spanish author Corin Tellado born?
5. The laughter that emerges from Cleofilas’ throat at the end of the story is described as “a long ribbon of laughter” like what?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)