|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers in Dolores’ garden are described as “fringed and bleeding a thick menstrual color”?
2. “Woman Hollering Creek” follows what style of plot structure?
3. Juan Pedro wants to marry Cleofilas right away for what reason?
(a) They have had a baby
(b) He can’t take much time off work
(c) She is pregnant
(d) His father insists he marry or he will be disinherited
4. Regarding Cleofilas’ feelings for Juan Pedro, the narrator states, “She has to remind herself why she loves him when she changes” what?
(a) Her clothes
(b) Her daily routine
(c) The baby’s Pampers
(d) The bed sheets
5. What does the narrator say Cleofilas had always said she would do “if a man, any man, were to strike her”?
(a) Call the police
(b) Run away
(c) Strike back
(d) Use pepper spray
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Spanish word “pues” translate to in English?
2. Who does Graciela make a phone call to in the third section of the story?
3. What is the name of the city where Cleofilas was born and raised?
4. Describing Seguin, Texas, the narrator states “This town with its silly pride for” what “the size of a baby carriage in front of the city hall”?
5. What is the heroine’s relationship to the family whose son she falls in love with in Maria de Nadie?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)