|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is translated from Spanish as “who knows, beyond the Indians”?
(a) Pues, alla de los indios, quien sabe
(b) En el otro lado
(c) No es bueno para la salud
(d) Tu o Nadie
2. Corin Tellado was a prolific Spanish writer of what genre?
(a) Science fiction novels
(b) Romance novels
(c) Historical novels
(d) Modernist novels
3. As Cleofilas sits by the creek with her son in the beginning of the story, she thinks “How when a man and a woman love each other, sometimes that love” does what?
4. Cleofilas is looking for her maid of honor to fulfill what conspiracy in the opening of the story?
(a) Their hopeful conspiracy
(b) Their marriage conspiracy
(c) Their bouquet conspiracy
(d) Their childhood dream conspiracy
5. Graciela asks her friend to take Cleofilas to the bus station in what city during her phone call?
(d) San Antonio
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the short story refers to limited–run serial dramatic television shows that are popular in Latin America?
2. Cleofilas tells her husband that she has a doctor’s appointment on what day of the week and asks him to take her?
3. In the town where Cleofilas grew up, the narrator says “there isn’t very much to do except accompany the aunts and godmothers to the house of one or the other to” do what?
4. What flowers in Dolores’ garden have a sad scent that “reminded Cleofilas of the dead”?
5. Dolores’ husband is said to have died from what in the story?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)