|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name “Soledad” mean in Spanish?
2. Where does Juan Pedro say he’ll take Cleofilas to buy her wedding dress?
(a) Laredo, Texas
(b) Houston, Texas
(c) Dallas, Texas
(d) Amarillo, Texas
3. Felice says to Cleofilas as they drive out of town, “I guess you’re only famous if you’re” what?
(a) A virgin
(b) A mother
(c) A whore
(d) A teacher
4. In the beginning of the story, Cleofilas’ father imagines her one day dreaming of returning to what “that never ended”?
(a) The bickering
(b) The roads
(c) The drought
(d) The chores
5. Because Cleofilas’ first child was turned backwards, she had what performed?
(a) An abortion
(b) A hysterectomy
(c) A cesarean section
(d) A vasectomy
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes the character of Maximiliano how in the story?
2. What does Cleofilas sip “until it grows warm” when she accompanies her husband to the bar in their first year of marriage?
3. In the telenovela Maria de Nadie, the heroine has the ill fortune of falling in love with the beautiful son of what family?
4. Graciela tells her friend on the telephone that Cleofilas has what all over her body?
5. What Spanish word in the story refers to the store where Cleofilas goes to buy a hair rinse?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)