|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states early in the story, “To suffer for love is” what?
2. What phrase from the story is translated from Spanish as “Do you understand?”
(a) La consentida
(b) Mal aire
(c) Entiendes? Pues
3. What is the name of Cleofilas’ maid of honor at her wedding?
4. La Llorona in "Woman Hollering Creek" represents an archetype for the woman who suffers endlessly for what?
5. Felice tells Cleofilas that she doesn’t have what?
(a) A husband
(b) A home
(c) A vehicle
(d) A job
Short Answer Questions
1. Cleofilas is said to have always been talented at what?
2. The cover of a Mexican news–magazine that depicts graphic images of death and mutilation is described by the narrator as having a lover on the cover photographed with what object that “she used to salvage her good name”?
3. How many brothers does Cleofilas have in “Woman Hollering Creek”?
4. What is translated from Spanish as “who knows, beyond the Indians”?
5. What is Juan Pedro described as kicking when he says “he hates this shitty house and is going out”?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)