|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Graciela say she was performing on Cleofilas when she began crying in her phone call?
(a) A hologram
(b) A cardiogram
(c) A seismogram
(d) A sonogram
2. Corin Tellado published more than how many novels in her lifetime?
3. Regarding Cleofilas’ feelings for Juan Pedro, the narrator states, “She has to remind herself why she loves him when she changes” what?
(a) Her clothes
(b) The bed sheets
(c) Her daily routine
(d) The baby’s Pampers
4. In the folk tale of La Llorona which is cited in “Woman Hollering Creek,” the heroine is not allowed into heaven until she has found what?
(a) Her Bible
(b) Her husband
(c) Her mother
(d) Her children
5. The name “Dolores” means what in Spanish?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Spanish phrase from the story translates to “that life”?
2. The heroine of “You or No One” is said to have endured “all kinds of hardships of the heart, separation and betrayal,” but she keeps doing what “because that is the most important thing”?
3. What does the Spanish word “viejas” translate to in English?
4. Where does Cleofilas air out her husband’s shoes each evening?
5. What kind of vehicle is Felice driving when she arrives to meet Cleofilas?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)