|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Felice tells Cleofilas that she doesn’t have what?
(a) A husband
(b) A home
(c) A job
(d) A vehicle
2. What does Juan Pedro do after beating Cleofilas for the first time, and the times after it?
(a) He beats himself
(b) He laughs
(c) He weeps
(d) He calls his mother
3. The narrator says early in the story, “But what Cleofilas has been waiting for, has been whispering and sighing and giggling for, has been anticipating since she was old enough to lean against the window displays of gauze and butterflies and lace, is” what?
4. What is the name of the city where Cleofilas was born and raised?
(c) Mexico City
5. Cleofilas is said to have always been talented at what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of Woman Hollering Creek, the narrator says that “no one could say whether the woman had hollered from anger or” what?
2. What does the name Graciela mean in Spanish?
3. What does Cleofilas make for the doorways without doors in their home?
4. How is Juan Pedro said to laugh, according to the narrator?
5. What is Juan Pedro described as kicking when he says “he hates this shitty house and is going out”?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)