|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the heroine of “You or No One”?
(d) Lucia Mendez
2. How does Cleofilas feel about the name of Woman Hollering Creek?
3. In what year did Mexico win independence from Spain?
4. By what term does the narrator refer to the local bar where Juan Pedro drinks?
(a) The palace of suds
(b) The chugging pit
(c) The intoxication station
(d) The ice house
5. How does the narrator describe Cleofilas’ brothers in the beginning of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Sandra Cisneros born?
2. Who does Cleofilas suggests writing to ask for money for the new baby’s expenses?
3. “Woman Hollering Creek” follows what style of plot structure?
4. The narrative of “Woman Hollering Creek” is related primarily from what point of view?
5. Of the “truth” that Cleofilas sees the men attempting to find at the bar, the narrator says that it “gurgles in the throat, it rolls across the surface of the tongue, and erupts from the lips” as what?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)