|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corin Tellado published more than how many novels in her lifetime?
2. What does the name “Soledad” mean in Spanish?
3. Woman Hollering Creek is known as the creek one passes on their way where, according to the narrator?
(a) Laredo, Texas
(b) San Antonio, Texas
(c) Austin, Texas
(d) Seguin, Texas
4. In Graciela’s phone call in the third section of the story, she tells her friend she can’t talk louder because she’s where?
(a) At school
(b) At work
(c) At the library
(d) In church
5. Juan Pedro throws a book across the room and leaves a hot welt where on Cleofilas?
(a) Her neck
(b) Her cheek
(c) Her ear
(d) Her forehead
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Cleofilas’ first child was turned backwards, she had what performed?
2. Felice says to Cleofilas as they drive out of town, “I guess you’re only famous if you’re” what?
3. At what time does Graciela’s friend agree to meet Cleofilas to take her to the bus station?
4. What Spanish phrase in the story translates to “It is not good for your health”?
5. What is the name of the city where Cleofilas was born and raised?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)