|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what business does Graciela’s friend agree to meet Cleofilas in order to drive her to the bus station?
(a) The Cash-N-Carry
(b) The Walgreens
(c) The ice house
(d) The K-mart
2. What flowers in Dolores’ garden are described as “fringed and bleeding a thick menstrual color”?
3. Felice says that the name of Woman Hollering Creek makes her want to “holler like” whom?
(a) A monkey
(b) Yosemite Sam
(c) A banshee
4. How many brothers did Sandra Cisneros grow up with?
5. Where does author Sandra Cisneros live?
(a) Seguin, Texas
(b) Austin, Texas
(c) San Antonio, Texas
(d) Laredo, Texas
Short Answer Questions
1. It is pointed out in “Woman Hollering Creek” that Cleofilas does not speak what language?
2. Felice tells Cleofilas that she used to have what kind of car?
3. Juan Pedro wants to marry Cleofilas right away for what reason?
4. What is one of the central themes in “Woman Hollering Creek”?
5. What Spanish phrase in the story translates to “It is not good for your health”?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)