|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Woman Hollering Creek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the town where Cleofilas grew up, the narrator says “there isn’t very much to do except accompany the aunts and godmothers to the house of one or the other to” do what?
(a) Play cards
(b) Talk and gossip
(c) Cook food
(d) Listen to the radio
2. In Seguin, Cleofilas feels that “the towns here are built so that you have to depend on” what?
3. What word from the short story refers to limited–run serial dramatic television shows that are popular in Latin America?
(b) La Malinche
(d) Mi querida
4. Where does Cleofilas find Juan Pedro’s whiskers every morning?
(a) In the bed
(b) On the table
(c) On the floor
(d) In the sink
5. Seguin, Texas is located in what county?
(a) Guadalupe County
(b) Trinity County
(c) Fisher County
(d) Camp County
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cleofilas feel about Felice?
2. On what day of the week does Graciela’s friend agree to take Cleofilas to the bus station?
3. At what business does Graciela’s friend agree to meet Cleofilas in order to drive her to the bus station?
4. What is the name of Cleofilas’ father in “Woman Hollering Creek”?
5. Sandra Cisneros’ anthology Woman Hollering Creek and Other Stories was published in what year?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)