• “Woman Hollering Creek” is a short story by Sandra Cisneros.
• The story begins with Don Serafin giving Juan Pedro Martinez Sanchez permission to marry his only daughter, Cleofilas; Juan Pedro plans to take Cleofilas to live in the United States.
• Don already knows that the day will come when his daughter will look south and wish she were at home with her family.
• As Cleofilas is getting ready to leave, Don reminds his daughter that he is her father and he will never abandon her.
• Cleofilas thinks about this, especially on nights when Juan Pedro doesn't come home.
• The story reverts to an earlier time through a flashback; the town were Cleofilas grew up does not have much excitement.
• The heroine of Cleofilas’ favorite novella, You or No One, has experienced all types of hardships, but believes that staying kind and loving no matter what...
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)