|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Di'aa tell Firdaus he wanted to do with her?
2. How did Ibrahim treat Firdaus after he saw her crying?
3. What did Di'aa say about Firdaus' profession?
4. Who is Ibrahim?
5. Why did Firdaus feel peaceful after Ibrahim's deceit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ibrahim?
2. Why did El Saadawi slam on the breaks at the end of Chapter 3?
3. How did Firdaus' relationship change with Sharifa Salah el Dine from her first few days at her home and later as time progressed?
4. How did Firdaus change after going to the restaurant?
5. Why did El Saadawi feel ashamed after hearing Firdaus' story?
6. How was Firdaus' relationship with Ibrahim similar to her relationship with Miss Iqbal?
7. Who is Fawzy and how did he help Firdaus?
8. Who did Ibrahim become engaged to and what was Firdaus' reaction?
9. How did Firdaus' life change at the age of 25?
10. Who is Di'aa, and how did he change Firdaus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the setting effect the reader's experience of the story? Does it matter that the story is set in another country? Describe the setting of the story and explain how it is intertwined with the plot.
Essay Topic 2
How does description play a role in an author's work? How does the author use description to draw the reader into the story? What are some examples where the description does not work?
Essay Topic 3
Firdaus meets many interesting people at boarding school. These people influence her life in many ways. Choose one person or a few that she meets that influence her life, and explain the positive and negative aspects of that influence.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)