|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Firdaus admit to the Arab man?
2. How did El Saadawi feel after leaving Firdaus?
3. What did Firdaus do at age 25 for living arrangements?
4. Who is Marzouk?
5. How did Firdaus feel at the end of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Sharifa Salah el Dine's job and how did it involve Firdaus?
2. Who was the man in the luxurious car that approached Firdaus?
3. Why did Firdaus tear apart the Arab man's money?
4. Who is Fawzy and how did he help Firdaus?
5. How did the Arab man learn that Firdaus was a killer?
6. What happened to Firdaus when she went to the restaurant?
7. What happened when Firdaus saw Ibrahim four years later?
8. Who is Ibrahim?
9. Why did El Saadawi feel ashamed after hearing Firdaus' story?
10. What happened between Firdaus and Ibrahim at the bus stop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the setting effect the reader's experience of the story? Does it matter that the story is set in another country? Describe the setting of the story and explain how it is intertwined with the plot.
Essay Topic 2
What impact did Firdaus' mother and father have on her life? Describe the personalities of each parent and how their personalities effected Firdaus.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationship Firdaus had with both Ibrahim and her teacher from boarding school. Why was she unable to express her feelings for these two people in words?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)