|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marzouk?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A pimp.
(d) A teacher.
2. Why did Firdaus hate men?
(a) They did not hold the door for her.
(b) She felt they thought they were superior.
(c) They did not pay for services.
(d) She felt they thought they were inferior.
3. What does El Saadawi see in everyone she meets after speaking to Firdaus?
(a) A better life.
4. What did Firdaus' co-worker tell her about love?
(a) Love stinks.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) Love is everywhere.
(d) Love yourself.
5. What job did Firdaus take with the industrial company?
(c) Art director.
(d) Cleaning lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Firdaus feel peaceful after Ibrahim's deceit?
2. Why did Firdaus believe she was sentenced to death?
3. What does Firdaus want to do when men ask if she feels good?
4. How did Ibrahim treat Firdaus after he saw her crying?
5. What did Marzouk try to take from Firdaus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Marzouk and what did Firdaus do to him?
2. Why did Firdaus tear apart the Arab man's money?
3. What did the guards mean in Chapter 3 when they said "Your time has come"?
4. Who is Fawzy and how did he help Firdaus?
5. Who was the man in the luxurious car that approached Firdaus?
6. How was Firdaus' relationship with Ibrahim similar to her relationship with Miss Iqbal?
7. What new job did Firdaus take after speaking to Di'aa? What did she think of the job?
8. Why did El Saadawi slam on the breaks at the end of Chapter 3?
9. What happened when Firdaus saw Ibrahim four years later?
10. How did the Arab man learn that Firdaus was a killer?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)