|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fawzy want with Firdaus?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To steal her money.
(d) To paint her.
2. After she spoke with Di'aa, what did Firdaus realize about herself?
(a) Her work is important.
(b) She is mean.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) Her work is not respectable.
3. What job did Firdaus take with the industrial company?
(a) Cleaning lady.
(b) Art director.
4. Why did Firdaus' prices increase?
(a) She accepted everyone.
(b) She did not want to be a prostitute.
(c) She denied men.
(d) She moved to a wealthy area.
5. Why did Firdaus feel peaceful after Ibrahim's deceit?
(a) She met a new man.
(b) She forgave him.
(c) She can feel not more pain.
(d) She moved home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does El Saadawi feel about her life after leaving Firdaus?
2. Who approached Firdaus in a luxury car while she walked down the street?
3. Where did Ibrahim find Firdaus crying?
4. Who is Ibrahim?
5. Why did El Saadawi step on the break quickly at the end of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Firdaus' relationship with Ibrahim similar to her relationship with Miss Iqbal?
2. Who did Ibrahim become engaged to and what was Firdaus' reaction?
3. Who is Ibrahim?
4. How did Firdaus' relationship change with Sharifa Salah el Dine from her first few days at her home and later as time progressed?
5. What happened between Firdaus and Ibrahim at the bus stop?
6. What does the quote "I am speaking the truth. And truth is savage and dangerous" mean?
7. What new job did Firdaus take after speaking to Di'aa? What did she think of the job?
8. How did Firdaus change after going to the restaurant?
9. What were Firdaus' thoughts on men after Ibrahim's engagement?
10. What happened when Firdaus saw Ibrahim four years later?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)