|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firdaus rip apart after spending time with the man from the luxury car?
(a) His money.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His luggage.
(d) His car seats.
2. What does Firdaus say at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) She quotes the Bible.
(b) She screams.
(c) Nothing, she falls silent.
(d) She repeats the names of her customers.
3. What did Firdaus feel when she spent the night with the men Sharifa Salah el Dine brought to her?
4. What did Firdaus realize at the restaurant while she ate?
(a) She needed to move to Paris.
(b) No one had ever not watched her eat.
(c) She wanted to return to school.
(d) She was happy.
5. What was Sharifa Salah el Dine's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Firdaus begin to do with her money around age 25?
2. What did Firdaus do after learning of Ibrahim's engagement?
3. Where did Firdaus stay all the time while at Sharifa Salah el Dine's home?
4. After she spoke with Di'aa, what did Firdaus realize about herself?
5. What did Fawzy tell Firdaus about Sharifa Salah el Dine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Firdaus tear apart the Arab man's money?
2. Who is Di'aa, and how did he change Firdaus?
3. What happened between Firdaus and Ibrahim at the bus stop?
4. Why did El Saadawi slam on the breaks at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What did the guards mean in Chapter 3 when they said "Your time has come"?
6. Who is Fawzy and how did he help Firdaus?
7. What new job did Firdaus take after speaking to Di'aa? What did she think of the job?
8. Who is Ibrahim?
9. What happened to Firdaus when she went to the restaurant?
10. How did Firdaus change after going to the restaurant?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)