|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did El Saadawi feel after leaving Firdaus?
2. What did Firdaus do after learning of Ibrahim's engagement?
(a) She left her job.
(b) She killed him.
(c) She hit him.
(d) She moved home.
3. Why did Firdaus begin to stare at money after eating in the restaurant?
(a) She realized it was dirty.
(b) She didn't want to look people in the eye.
(c) She wanted it.
(d) She felt powerful.
4. Who came through the door in Chapter 3?
(a) The warden.
(b) A priest.
(c) A lawyer.
5. After she spoke with Di'aa, what did Firdaus realize about herself?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) Her work is not respectable.
(c) Her work is important.
(d) She is mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Firdaus feel at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Why, after eating the restaurant, did Firdaus begin to refuse men?
3. What room did Firdaus reserve for only her enjoyment?
4. What happened when Firdaus saw Ibrahim again?
5. What did the Arab man believe Firdaus' real identity was?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Arab man learn that Firdaus was a killer?
2. What did Firdaus believe being a prostitute proved to people?
3. What happened to Firdaus when she went to the restaurant?
4. Why did El Saadawi feel ashamed after hearing Firdaus' story?
5. How did Firdaus' life change at the age of 25?
6. Why did Firdaus tear apart the Arab man's money?
7. Who was the man in the luxurious car that approached Firdaus?
8. Who is Di'aa, and how did he change Firdaus?
9. Who did Ibrahim become engaged to and what was Firdaus' reaction?
10. What was Sharifa Salah el Dine's job and how did it involve Firdaus?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)