|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firdaus' uncle give her when she graduated?
(a) A ring.
(b) A dress.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A watch.
2. What was El Saadawi's response to Firdaus' death?
(a) She kills herself.
(b) She does not believe she is dead.
(c) She is scared for her life.
(d) She is happy.
3. How did Firdaus help at her uncle's house?
(a) She beat the mats with a hammer.
(b) She dusted the antique china.
(c) She cleaned.
(d) She dressed the other children.
4. What was Firdaus' relationship with her mother like?
5. What did Firdaus' father teach her to do that replaces her mother's job?
(a) Bake bread.
(b) Wash his legs.
(c) Go to the field.
(d) Count money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does El Saadawi feel when she meets Firdaus for the first time?
2. What did Firdaus wonder about Miss Iqbal after the night she saw her crying?
3. What happened when Firdaus saw herself in the mirror at her uncle's house?
4. Where did Firdaus' uncle obtain a position in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Firdaus' uncle return her to Sheikh Mahmoud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Firdaus and her uncle on cold nights?
2. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
3. What happened at Firdaus' graduation ceremony? Why did she freeze?
4. Is the story "Woman at Point Zero" fiction or non-fiction? How do you know this?
5. What happened after Firdaus' graduation?
6. How did Firdaus cover up her fears as a prostitute?
7. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
8. Why is El-Saadawi interested in studying prison settings?
9. How did Sheikh Mahmoud treat Firdaus?
10. What were Firdaus' instructions to El Saadawi and why?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)