|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firdaus beg for at the coffee shop in Chapter 2?
(a) A croissant.
2. Why is Firdaus' uncle concered about Sheikh Mahmoud?
(a) He might not be educated.
(b) He might be too old.
(c) He might be too young.
(d) He might be too poor.
3. How did Firdaus stay warm on the cold nights at her uncles' house?
(a) She climbed into his lap.
(b) She slept on a bear skin rug.
(c) She built a fire in her room.
(d) She wore a purple shawl.
4. What job did Firdaus obtain after many years of abuse?
(b) Social worker.
(c) Drug dealer.
5. Why is Firdaus in jail?
(a) Political crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Firdaus saw herself in the mirror at her uncle's house?
2. What did Firdaus' uncle give her when she graduated?
3. What did Firdaus try to tell Wafeya about Miss Iqbal?
4. Why does Firdaus' uncle return her to Sheikh Mahmoud?
5. In what year does El Saadawi go to prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the story "Woman at Point Zero" fiction or non-fiction? How do you know this?
2. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university? What did his wife suggest?
3. How did Firdaus' mother hurt her and why?
4. Who is Sheikh Mahmoud ?
5. How did Miss Iqbal treat Firdaus after she saw her crying?
6. How did Sheikh Mahmoud treat Firdaus?
7. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
8. What happens between Firdaus and her uncle on cold nights?
9. What happened when El Saadawi went to her car at the end of Chapter 1?
10. What was Firdaus' family like?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)