|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sheikh Mahmoud deprive Firdaus of?
2. What magazine did El Saadawi work for in the 1970's?
3. What did Firdaus see at the place her uncle takes her after graduation?
(a) Women dancing.
(c) The Eiffel Tower.
4. What was El Saadawi's response to Firdaus' death?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is scared for her life.
(c) She kills herself.
(d) She does not believe she is dead.
5. What could Sheikh Mahmoud offer Firdaus' uncle?
(a) A new car.
(b) A large dowry.
(c) Five cows.
(d) A new business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Firdaus hear her uncle thanking for the marriage arrangement in Chapter 2?
2. What did Firdaus try to tell Wafeya about Miss Iqbal?
3. What did Bayoumi do after Firdaus complained?
4. Why does Firdaus give El Saadawi these instructions in Chapter 2?
5. Who signed Firdaus' graduation certificate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Firdaus feel when she moved into her uncle's home? What happened when she saw the mirror?
2. What happened when El Saadawi went to her car at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Describe the boarding school that Firdaus is sent to.
4. What study led El Saadawi to find Firdaus?
5. What is Firdaus' initial reaction to El Saadawi's interest in her story?
6. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
7. Why was Firdaus sent to jail?
8. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
9. What was Firdaus's relationship with her uncle when she lived with her parents?
10. What happened at Firdaus' graduation ceremony? Why did she freeze?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)