|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does El Saadawi meet Firdaus?
(a) A park.
(b) A mall.
(d) A bank.
2. What type of clothes did Firdaus wear?
(a) Hand-me downs.
(c) A sack.
3. How did Firdaus hide her fears?
(a) Split personalities.
(b) Under makeup.
(c) She does not speak.
4. What did Sheikh Mahmoud deprive Firdaus of?
5. Who did El Saadawi know that was in prison?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Firdaus invite El Saadawi to sit when they meet for the first time in Chapter 1?
2. What year is "Women and Neurosis in Egypt" published?
3. What job did El Saadawi hold in 1972?
4. Who is Bayoumi?
5. What did Firdaus' uncle teach her in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Firdaus's relationship with her uncle when she lived with her parents?
2. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
3. Why did Firdaus' uncle change? How did he change?
4. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus after she escaped from Bayoumi?
5. How was Firdaus unlike the other prisoners?
6. How did Sheikh Mahmoud treat Firdaus?
7. What study led El Saadawi to find Firdaus?
8. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
9. How did Firdaus feel about her upcoming marriage?
10. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)