|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does El Saadawi speak to prior to meeting Firdaus?
(a) Female prisoners.
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Male prisoners.
(d) Young children with blue eyes.
2. Who is Firdaus?
(a) A Chinese woman.
(b) An Egyptian woman.
(c) A Lebanese woman.
(d) A Syrian woman.
3. What job does El Saadawi hold that led her to meet Firdaus?
4. Who did Firdaus hope to see at the playground the night of her graduation?
(a) Miss Iqbal.
(b) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
5. Where did El Saadawi meet the person which inspires the story?
(a) Qanatir Prison.
(b) Cawal- E- Marie.
(c) Cairo State Reform Prison.
(d) Al-Saudi Prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor in Chapter 1 want to change Firdaus' sentence?
2. Who interrupted Firdaus' packing in Chapter 2?
3. What magazine did El Saadawi work for in the 1970's?
4. How did Firdaus feel about school?
5. What is El Saadawi's impression of prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
2. What was Firdaus's relationship with her uncle when she lived with her parents?
3. Why did Firdaus' uncle change? How did he change?
4. What happened the night Firdaus saw Miss Iqbal crying?
5. Describe the boarding school that Firdaus is sent to.
6. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus after she escaped from Bayoumi?
7. How did Miss Iqbal treat Firdaus after she saw her crying?
8. What happened when El Saadawi went to her car at the end of Chapter 1?
9. What happened after Firdaus' graduation?
10. How did Firdaus feel when she moved into her uncle's home? What happened when she saw the mirror?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)