|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it impossible for all single women to know?
(a) All the women in magazines.
(b) How to marry.
(c) All the men in magazines.
(d) How to kill.
2. What paperwork does Firdaus refuse to sign in Chapter 1?
(a) Bail papers.
(c) Adoption papers.
(d) Divorce papers.
3. In Chapter 2, who was Wafeya in love with?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her uncles' friend.
(c) Her brother.
(d) The quarterback.
4. Who introduces El Saadawi to Firdaus?
(a) A guard.
(b) A friend.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A police man.
5. Who is Bayoumi?
(a) The coffee shop owner.
(b) A banker.
(c) A priest.
(d) Firdaus' teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus?
2. What does El Saadawi try to convince herself of in Chapter 1 as she walks back to the car?
3. What type of degree does Firdaus hold?
4. Where does El Saadawi meet Firdaus?
5. How did Firdaus' mother mutilate her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
2. Describe the boarding school that Firdaus is sent to.
3. Why was Firdaus able to maintain her sanity at her uncle and husband's home?
4. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
5. Why is El-Saadawi interested in studying prison settings?
6. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
7. Why was Firdaus sent to jail?
8. How was Firdaus unlike the other prisoners?
9. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
10. What happened after Firdaus' graduation?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)