|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does Firdaus run to when she becomes afraid of Sheikh Mahmoud?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her friend.
2. What could Sheikh Mahmoud offer Firdaus' uncle?
(a) Five cows.
(b) A new business.
(c) A large dowry.
(d) A new car.
3. What job did Firdaus obtain after many years of abuse?
(b) Social worker.
(c) Drug dealer.
4. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university?
(a) It was too far away.
(b) It was not accepting female students.
(c) It was co-ed.
(d) It was expensive.
5. In Chapter 2, how did Firdaus' uncle treat his new wife?
(a) With hatred.
(b) With courtesy.
(c) Like a slave.
(d) With love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is "Women and Neurosis in Egypt" published?
2. What case studies does El Saadawi study in Egypt?
3. Who introduces El Saadawi to Firdaus?
4. What paperwork does Firdaus refuse to sign in Chapter 1?
5. In what year does El Saadawi go to prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Ibrahim become engaged to and what was Firdaus' reaction?
2. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
3. How did Firdaus change after going to the restaurant?
4. What happened at Firdaus' graduation ceremony? Why did she freeze?
5. Why did El Saadawi slam on the breaks at the end of Chapter 3?
6. Why was Firdaus able to maintain her sanity at her uncle and husband's home?
7. Why is El-Saadawi interested in studying prison settings?
8. What does the quote "I am speaking the truth. And truth is savage and dangerous" mean?
9. How did Firdaus cover up her fears as a prostitute?
10. How did Firdaus' life change at the age of 25?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)