|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Firdaus saw herself in the mirror at her uncle's house?
(a) She fixed her hair.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She began to hate mirrors.
2. Who did El Saadawi know that was in prison?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. What does Firdaus do to the pictures of men in magazines?
(a) Spits on them.
(b) Draws on them.
(c) Rips them to pieces.
(d) Kisses them.
4. Who came to see Firdaus at the playground the night of her graduation?
(a) Her uncle.
(c) Miss Iqbal.
(d) No one.
5. Who did the Uncle's wife want Firdaus to marry in Chapter 2?
(a) The wife's uncle.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) The neighbor's son.
(d) Her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Firdaus' uncle concered about Sheikh Mahmoud?
2. What job did El Saadawi hold in 1972?
3. How did Firdaus feel about herself in Chapter 2?
4. Who didn't want Firdaus to stay at her uncle's home after graduation?
5. How did Firdaus feel about school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
2. What happened after Firdaus' graduation?
3. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus after she escaped from Bayoumi?
4. What is Firdaus' initial reaction to El Saadawi's interest in her story?
5. What happens between Firdaus and her uncle on cold nights?
6. How did Sheikh Mahmoud treat Firdaus?
7. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
8. How did Firdaus' mother hurt her and why?
9. What was El Saadawi's interaction with the warden at the prison?
10. How did Firdaus feel about her upcoming marriage?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)