|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus?
(a) She bought her a plane ticket.
(b) She beat her husband.
(c) She gave her money.
(d) She gave her advice.
2. How many times does El Saadawi try to go to the prison in Chapter 1?
3. What happened when Firdaus saw herself in the mirror at her uncle's house?
(a) She began to hate mirrors.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She fixed her hair.
4. What could Sheikh Mahmoud offer Firdaus' uncle?
(a) Five cows.
(b) A large dowry.
(c) A new business.
(d) A new car.
5. Why does Firdaus' uncle return her to Sheikh Mahmoud?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She wanted to return.
(c) Sheikh Mahmoud threatened him.
(d) All men beat their wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Firdaus' uncle concered about Sheikh Mahmoud?
2. What does the doctor want Firdus' sentence reduced to in Chapter 1?
3. Why did Firdaus complain about Bayoumi?
4. Why is Firdaus in jail?
5. Where did El Saadawi meet the person which inspires the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
2. What happened the night Firdaus saw Miss Iqbal crying?
3. How did Firdaus feel about her upcoming marriage?
4. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus after she escaped from Bayoumi?
5. How was Firdaus unlike the other prisoners?
6. How did Firdaus feel when she moved into her uncle's home? What happened when she saw the mirror?
7. Who is Sheikh Mahmoud ?
8. How did Miss Iqbal treat Firdaus after she saw her crying?
9. Who did Firdaus spit on and why?
10. Describe the boarding school that Firdaus is sent to.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)