|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who was Wafeya in love with?
(a) The quarterback.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her uncles' friend.
(d) Her cousin.
2. Who did Firdaus hope to see at the playground the night of her graduation?
(a) Miss Iqbal.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
3. What did Firdaus' uncle give her when she graduated?
(a) A ring.
(b) A dress.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A watch.
4. Who did Firdaus meet by the river after escaping Bayoumi?
(a) El Sid.
(b) Jubli Ma Safi.
(c) Sarafina Du Pree.
(d) Sharifa Salah el Dine.
5. What did Firdaus give her cousin in while she was packing in Chapter 2?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A painting set.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bayoumi offer Firdaus?
2. How did Firdaus' mother mutilate her?
3. Why does Firdaus give El Saadawi these instructions in Chapter 2?
4. What happened to Firdaus when her name was called at graduation.
5. Why did Firdaus go to jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus after she escaped from Bayoumi?
2. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
3. What happened after Firdaus' graduation?
4. How did Miss Iqbal treat Firdaus after she saw her crying?
5. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
6. Who did Firdaus spit on and why?
7. Describe the boarding school that Firdaus is sent to.
8. Why was Firdaus able to maintain her sanity at her uncle and husband's home?
9. How did Firdaus' mother hurt her and why?
10. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)