|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does the Warden tell El Saadawi in the parking lot?
(a) Firdaus was hanged.
(b) Firdaus will see her.
(c) Firdaus won't see her.
(d) He wants to go on a date.
2. In what year was Firdaus executed?
3. Who slept on the floor in Firdaus' room in Chapter 2?
(a) A dog.
(b) A servant girl.
(c) El Saadawi.
(d) A servant boy.
4. Who did the Uncle's wife want Firdaus to marry in Chapter 2?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) The wife's uncle.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) The neighbor's son.
5. What did Firdaus give her cousin in while she was packing in Chapter 2?
(a) A book.
(b) A painting set.
(c) A letter.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is "Women and Neurosis in Egypt" published?
2. How does El Saadawi's contact get access for the author in the prison?
3. Where does El Saadawi meet Firdaus?
4. Who interrupted Firdaus' packing in Chapter 2?
5. Why did Firdaus' uncle send her to boarding school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was El Saadawi's interaction with the warden at the prison?
2. How was Firdaus unlike the other prisoners?
3. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
4. Why was Firdaus sent to jail?
5. Who did Firdaus spit on and why?
6. What happens between Firdaus and her uncle on cold nights?
7. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
8. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
9. What is Firdaus' initial reaction to El Saadawi's interest in her story?
10. Who is Sheikh Mahmoud ?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)