|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firdaus want to tell her uncle in Chapter 2?
(a) She is dating a boy.
(b) She loved him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She wants to go home.
2. What type of degree does Firdaus hold?
(b) Secondary-school certificate.
(d) Upper-school certificate.
3. Why does Firdaus give El Saadawi these instructions in Chapter 2?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She thinks she is better than El Saadawi.
(c) She does not like to be looked at.
(d) She does not have much time.
4. Why did Firdaus complain about Bayoumi?
(a) He deprived her of food.
(b) He did not find her work.
(c) He beat her.
(d) He made her wear pants.
5. What case studies does El Saadawi study in Egypt?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what did Firdaus promise her cousin?
2. Why did the uncles' wife beat the girls in Chapter 2?
3. What did her uncle tell Firdaus is a sin in Chapter 2?
4. What did Firdaus' uncle give her when she graduated?
5. Where did Firdaus' uncle obtain a position in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
2. Is the story "Woman at Point Zero" fiction or non-fiction? How do you know this?
3. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
4. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
5. How did Firdaus' mother hurt her and why?
6. Who is Bayoumi and how did he help and hurt Firdaus?
7. What happened the night Firdaus saw Miss Iqbal crying?
8. What was Firdaus's relationship with her uncle when she lived with her parents?
9. What happened after Firdaus' graduation?
10. What study led El Saadawi to find Firdaus?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)