Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor want Firdus' sentence reduced to in Chapter 1?
(a) 12 months.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) 6 months.
2. What happened to Firdaus when her name was called at graduation.
(a) She cried.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She yelled with excitement.
(d) She froze.
3. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university?
(a) It was expensive.
(b) It was co-ed.
(c) It was not accepting female students.
(d) It was too far away.
4. How did Firdaus manage her life at the Sheikh Mahmoud and her uncle's homes?
(a) She carried a gun.
(b) She focused on school.
(c) Fear of gossip.
(d) Threats on her life.
5. What does the warden believe about Firdaus?
(a) She deserves to hang.
(b) She killed her brother.
(c) She is insane.
(d) She does not deserve to hang.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Firdaus feel when she entered her uncle's house for the first time?
2. What year is "Women and Neurosis in Egypt" published?
3. What is Firdaus' initial impression of El Saadawi?
4. Where did El Saadawi meet the person which inspires the story?
5. Who is Miss Iqbal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Firdaus' thoughts on men after Ibrahim's engagement?
2. How did Sheikh Mahmoud treat Firdaus?
3. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
4. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
5. Why did Firdaus' uncle change? How did he change?
6. What happened to Firdaus when she went to the restaurant?
7. Who was the man in the luxurious car that approached Firdaus?
8. How did Miss Iqbal treat Firdaus after she saw her crying?
9. Who is Bayoumi and how did he help and hurt Firdaus?
10. Who is Ibrahim?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)