|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be done before Firdaus meets El Saadawi?
(a) Saadawi must beg.
(b) Legal paperwork.
(c) Money must exchange hands.
(d) The doctor must convince her.
2. What does the Warden tell El Saadawi in Chapter 1, when she tries to see Firdaus?
(a) Firdaus has some papers for her.
(b) Firdaus is already dead.
(c) She does not want to see her.
(d) The prison does not like journalists.
3. Who did the Uncle's wife want Firdaus to marry in Chapter 2?
(a) The wife's uncle.
(b) The neighbor's son.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her cousin.
4. Who introduces El Saadawi to Firdaus?
(a) A police man.
(b) A guard.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A friend.
5. What did her uncle tell Firdaus is a sin in Chapter 2?
(a) Kissing and nudity.
(c) Murder and greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Firdaus meet by the river after escaping Bayoumi?
2. What year is "Women and Neurosis in Egypt" published?
3. Who did El Saadawi know that was in prison?
4. Why did Firdaus go to jail?
5. What happened when Firdaus saw herself in the mirror at her uncle's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the boarding school that Firdaus is sent to.
2. What happened when El Saadawi went to her car at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
4. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
5. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
6. What happened at Firdaus' graduation ceremony? Why did she freeze?
7. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
8. Why was Firdaus able to maintain her sanity at her uncle and husband's home?
9. What was El Saadawi's interaction with the warden at the prison?
10. What happens between Firdaus and her uncle on cold nights?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)