|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is "Women and Neurosis in Egypt" published?
2. What did Firdaus' uncle give her when she graduated?
(a) A dress.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A watch.
3. What is it impossible for all single women to know?
(a) How to marry.
(b) All the men in magazines.
(c) All the women in magazines.
(d) How to kill.
4. What does El Saadawi try to convince herself of in Chapter 1 as she walks back to the car?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She is wealthy.
(c) She is better then Firdaus.
(d) She is less then Firdaus.
5. In what year was Firdaus executed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was El Saadawi fired from her job in the 1970's?
2. What did Firdaus' father do if a male child died?
3. How did Firdaus feel about herself in Chapter 2?
4. How many times does El Saadawi try to go to the prison in Chapter 1?
5. What contact does El Saadawi have at an Egyptian prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at Firdaus' graduation ceremony? Why did she freeze?
2. Describe the boarding school that Firdaus is sent to.
3. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
4. Is the story "Woman at Point Zero" fiction or non-fiction? How do you know this?
5. Why was Firdaus sent to jail?
6. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
7. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus after she escaped from Bayoumi?
8. Why did Firdaus' uncle change? How did he change?
9. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university? What did his wife suggest?
10. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)