|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to see Firdaus at the playground the night of her graduation?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Miss Iqbal.
(c) No one.
2. In Chapter 2, who was Wafeya in love with?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) The quarterback.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncles' friend.
3. What did Firdaus do every time she spent the night with Sheikh Mahmoud?
(b) Fell deeper in love.
(c) Cleansed her body.
(d) Mutilated herself.
4. Where does El Saadawi meet Firdaus?
(a) A bank.
(b) A mall.
(d) A park.
5. What did Firdaus' uncle teach her in Chapter 2?
(a) How to play tennis.
(b) How to read and write.
(c) How to run.
(d) How to make sandwhiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does El Saadawi try to convince herself of in Chapter 1 as she walks back to the car?
2. What did Wefeya ask Firdaus about Miss Iqbal in Chapter 2?
3. Who is Miss Iqbal?
4. Where did Firdaus' uncle obtain a position in Chapter 2?
5. What instructions does Firdaus give El Saadawi at the start of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Firdaus's relationship with her uncle when she lived with her parents?
2. What happened when Firdaus saw Ibrahim four years later?
3. What was Sharifa Salah el Dine's job and how did it involve Firdaus?
4. What happened to Firdaus when she went to the restaurant?
5. How did Firdaus feel when she moved into her uncle's home? What happened when she saw the mirror?
6. What were Firdaus' thoughts on men after Ibrahim's engagement?
7. Who is Marzouk and what did Firdaus do to him?
8. What did Firdaus believe being a prostitute proved to people?
9. Why is El-Saadawi interested in studying prison settings?
10. What happened after Firdaus' graduation?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)