|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can EL Saadawi not stop thinking about in Chapter 1?
(a) Her child.
(b) Her husband.
(d) The prison.
2. Why was El Saadawi fired from her job in the 1970's?
(a) She stole money.
(b) Her refusual to reveal a source.
(c) She had an affair.
(d) Her feminist views.
3. What did Sheikh Mahmoud do to Firdaus when she threw food away?
(a) Beat her.
(c) Made her eat the food.
(d) Sent her to jail.
4. What did Bayoumi offer Firdaus help in finding?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A job.
5. How did Firdaus feel about herself in Chapter 2?
(a) She was suicidal.
(b) She had low self-esteem.
(c) She had high self-esteem.
(d) She was egotistical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did her uncle tell Firdaus is a sin in Chapter 2?
2. What did Sheikh Mahmoud beat Firdaus with the time she ran to the streets?
3. Why is Firdaus' uncle concered about Sheikh Mahmoud?
4. How did Firdaus manage her life at the Sheikh Mahmoud and her uncle's homes?
5. What did Sheikh Mahmoud deprive Firdaus of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
2. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
3. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
4. How was Firdaus unlike the other prisoners?
5. Is the story "Woman at Point Zero" fiction or non-fiction? How do you know this?
6. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
7. How did Firdaus feel when she moved into her uncle's home? What happened when she saw the mirror?
8. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
9. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
10. What happened the night Firdaus saw Miss Iqbal crying?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)