|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firdaus' uncle teach her in Chapter 2?
(a) How to make sandwhiches.
(b) How to play tennis.
(c) How to read and write.
(d) How to run.
2. Who is Firdaus?
(a) A Lebanese woman.
(b) An Egyptian woman.
(c) A Chinese woman.
(d) A Syrian woman.
3. What year is "Women and Neurosis in Egypt" published?
4. What contact does El Saadawi have at an Egyptian prison?
(a) The warden.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A guard.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Who signed Firdaus' graduation certificate?
(a) Miss Iqbal.
(c) The principal.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor in Chapter 1 want to change Firdaus' sentence?
2. Who did the Uncle's wife want Firdaus to marry in Chapter 2?
3. Why did Firdaus' uncle send her to boarding school?
4. How did Firdaus feel about herself in Chapter 2?
5. How many times does El Saadawi try to go to the prison in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sheikh Mahmoud ?
2. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
3. Why was Firdaus sent to jail?
4. What happens between Firdaus and her uncle on cold nights?
5. What study led El Saadawi to find Firdaus?
6. How did Firdaus' mother hurt her and why?
7. How was Firdaus unlike the other prisoners?
8. What was Firdaus's relationship with her uncle when she lived with her parents?
9. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
10. Why did Firdaus' uncle change? How did he change?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)