|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sheikh Mahmoud do to Firdaus when she threw food away?
(a) Made her eat the food.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Sent her to jail.
2. What type of degree does Firdaus hold?
(b) Upper-school certificate.
(c) Secondary-school certificate.
3. Why does the doctor in Chapter 1 want to change Firdaus' sentence?
(a) She writes a book.
(b) She escapes.
(c) She tried to stab him.
(d) She has gentle eyes.
4. Who can EL Saadawi not stop thinking about in Chapter 1?
(a) Her child.
(b) The prison.
(d) Her husband.
5. What did Firdaus beg for at the coffee shop in Chapter 2?
(b) A croissant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor want Firdus' sentence reduced to in Chapter 1?
2. Who interrupted Firdaus' packing in Chapter 2?
3. What paperwork does Firdaus refuse to sign in Chapter 1?
4. What women will El Saadawi meet in the prison?
5. How did Firdaus feel about herself in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
2. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus after she escaped from Bayoumi?
3. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
4. Describe the boarding school that Firdaus is sent to.
5. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university? What did his wife suggest?
6. How did Firdaus feel when she moved into her uncle's home? What happened when she saw the mirror?
7. How was Firdaus unlike the other prisoners?
8. What study led El Saadawi to find Firdaus?
9. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
10. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)