|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Firdaus hear her uncle thanking for the marriage arrangement in Chapter 2?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Sheikh Mahmoud.
2. What did Sheikh Mahmoud beat Firdaus with the time she ran to the streets?
(a) A stick.
(b) His fist.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A hammer.
3. What did Firdaus try to tell Wafeya about Miss Iqbal?
(a) That she hit her.
(b) What her age is.
(c) That she is leaving the school
(d) What happened that night.
4. How did Firdaus feel when she entered her uncle's house for the first time?
(b) Like she was being born a second time.
(d) Like she was dying.
5. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university?
(a) It was expensive.
(b) It was co-ed.
(c) It was too far away.
(d) It was not accepting female students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Firdaus' uncle concered about Sheikh Mahmoud?
2. What type of clothes did Firdaus wear?
3. Why is Firdaus in jail?
4. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus?
5. Why did Firdaus' uncle send her to boarding school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
2. Why is El-Saadawi interested in studying prison settings?
3. How did Firdaus' mother hurt her and why?
4. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
5. What was Firdaus' family like?
6. What was El Saadawi's interaction with the warden at the prison?
7. Is the story "Woman at Point Zero" fiction or non-fiction? How do you know this?
8. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
9. Who is Sheikh Mahmoud ?
10. What happened at Firdaus' graduation ceremony? Why did she freeze?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)