|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Uncle's wife want Firdaus to marry in Chapter 2?
(a) The neighbor's son.
(b) The wife's uncle.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her cousin.
2. In Chapter 2, what did Firdaus promise her cousin?
(a) She would return.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To lend her a dress.
(d) To be her bridesmaid.
3. What does El Saadawi try to convince herself of in Chapter 1 as she walks back to the car?
(a) She is better then Firdaus.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is less then Firdaus.
(d) She is wealthy.
4. What job did Firdaus obtain after many years of abuse?
(a) Social worker.
(c) Drug dealer.
5. Whose house does Firdaus run to when she becomes afraid of Sheikh Mahmoud?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Firdaus manage her life at the Sheikh Mahmoud and her uncle's homes?
2. What case studies does El Saadawi study in Egypt?
3. Who did Firdaus meet by the river after escaping Bayoumi?
4. Where does El Saadawi meet Firdaus?
5. What women will El Saadawi meet in the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
2. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
3. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
4. What study led El Saadawi to find Firdaus?
5. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
6. What is Firdaus' initial reaction to El Saadawi's interest in her story?
7. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
8. How did Firdaus feel when she moved into her uncle's home? What happened when she saw the mirror?
9. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
10. What happened when El Saadawi went to her car at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)