|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is El Saadawi's impression of prison?
2. In what year was Firdaus executed?
3. What did her uncle tell Firdaus is a sin in Chapter 2?
(a) Murder and greed.
(c) Kissing and nudity.
4. Why did Firdaus' mother mutilate her?
(a) She steals from the church.
(b) She goes on a date.
(c) She asks how she could be born without a father.
(d) She stays out past curfew.
5. What job was Firdaus successful at?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bayoumi?
2. What paperwork does Firdaus refuse to sign in Chapter 1?
3. What job did Firdaus obtain after many years of abuse?
4. Why is Firdaus in jail?
5. What did Firdaus' father teach her to do that replaces her mother's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sheikh Mahmoud treat Firdaus?
2. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
3. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
4. What was Firdaus's relationship with her uncle when she lived with her parents?
5. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus after she escaped from Bayoumi?
6. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
7. What is Firdaus' initial reaction to El Saadawi's interest in her story?
8. What happens between Firdaus and her uncle on cold nights?
9. Why did Firdaus' uncle change? How did he change?
10. How was Firdaus unlike the other prisoners?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)