|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did El Saadawi hold in 1972?
(a) Director of Health Education.
(c) CEO of MAIN.
(d) Director of General Hospital.
2. What did Sheikh Mahmoud do to Firdaus when she threw food away?
(a) Sent her to jail.
(b) Made her eat the food.
(c) Beat her.
3. How did Firdaus help at her uncle's house?
(a) She beat the mats with a hammer.
(b) She cleaned.
(c) She dressed the other children.
(d) She dusted the antique china.
4. What magazine did El Saadawi work for in the 1970's?
5. Who can EL Saadawi not stop thinking about in Chapter 1?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The prison.
(c) Her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bayoumi insist Firdaus sleeps in the winter?
2. What did Bayoumi offer Firdaus help in finding?
3. What job was Firdaus successful at?
4. Who did Firdaus meet by the river after escaping Bayoumi?
5. How did Firdaus feel about school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Miss Iqbal treat Firdaus after she saw her crying?
2. Describe the boarding school that Firdaus is sent to.
3. How did Firdaus cover up her fears as a prostitute?
4. Why did Firdaus' uncle change? How did he change?
5. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
6. What happened after Firdaus' graduation?
7. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
8. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
9. How did Firdaus feel when she moved into her uncle's home? What happened when she saw the mirror?
10. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university? What did his wife suggest?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)