|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does El Saadawi go to prison?
2. What happened to Firdaus when her name was called at graduation.
(a) She ran away.
(b) She froze.
(c) She yelled with excitement.
(d) She cried.
3. What did Bayoumi do after Firdaus complained?
(a) Ignored her.
(b) Locked her in the flat.
(c) Locked her in a trunk.
(d) Asked her to leave.
4. How did Firdaus stay warm on the cold nights at her uncles' house?
(a) She slept on a bear skin rug.
(b) She built a fire in her room.
(c) She wore a purple shawl.
(d) She climbed into his lap.
5. What happened when Firdaus saw herself in the mirror at her uncle's house?
(a) She fixed her hair.
(b) She began to hate mirrors.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She screamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bayoumi offer Firdaus help in finding?
2. What job did Firdaus obtain after many years of abuse?
3. What does the warden believe about Firdaus?
4. In what year was Firdaus executed?
5. What does El Saadawi try to convince herself of in Chapter 1 as she walks back to the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
2. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
3. What happened the night Firdaus saw Miss Iqbal crying?
4. What happened when El Saadawi went to her car at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
6. What were Firdaus' instructions to El Saadawi and why?
7. Who is Sheikh Mahmoud ?
8. How did Sheikh Mahmoud treat Firdaus?
9. Who did Firdaus spit on and why?
10. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)