|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of clothes did Firdaus wear?
(a) Hand-me downs.
(d) A sack.
2. What did Firdaus wonder about Miss Iqbal after the night she saw her crying?
(a) If she hated her.
(b) If she forgot their time together.
(c) If she told her uncle.
(d) If she was in love with her.
3. What did Firdaus' father teach her to do that replaces her mother's job?
(a) Go to the field.
(b) Count money.
(c) Wash his legs.
(d) Bake bread.
4. Who introduces El Saadawi to Firdaus?
(a) A guard.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A police man.
(d) A friend.
5. How did Firdaus feel about school?
(a) She enjoyed it.
(b) She was bored.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She didn't go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Firdaus feel about herself in Chapter 2?
2. What job did Firdaus' father hold?
3. Why does Firdaus' uncle return her to Sheikh Mahmoud?
4. In Chapter 2, who was Wafeya in love with?
5. Who rescued Firdaus from Bayoumi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Firdaus feel when she moved into her uncle's home? What happened when she saw the mirror?
2. Is the story "Woman at Point Zero" fiction or non-fiction? How do you know this?
3. What is Firdaus' initial reaction to El Saadawi's interest in her story?
4. Who did Firdaus spit on and why?
5. What happened at Firdaus' graduation ceremony? Why did she freeze?
6. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
7. How was Firdaus unlike the other prisoners?
8. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
9. How did Firdaus' mother hurt her and why?
10. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)