|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What women will El Saadawi meet in the prison?
(a) Those who are drug users.
(b) Only women who murder.
(c) Women who steal.
(d) Those who suffer mental illness.
2. In Chapter 2, how did Firdaus' uncle treat his new wife?
(a) With courtesy.
(b) With hatred.
(c) With love.
(d) Like a slave.
3. What did Firdaus' uncle give her when she graduated?
(a) A ring.
(b) A dress.
(c) A watch.
(d) A necklace.
4. What was Firdaus' relationship with her mother like?
5. What does the Warden tell El Saadawi in Chapter 1, when she tries to see Firdaus?
(a) Firdaus is already dead.
(b) Firdaus has some papers for her.
(c) She does not want to see her.
(d) The prison does not like journalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Firdaus see at the place her uncle takes her after graduation?
2. What does Firdaus do when Sheikh Mahmoud beats her?
3. How did Firdaus feel when she entered her uncle's house for the first time?
4. How did Firdaus hide her fears?
5. Who did Firdaus hear her uncle thanking for the marriage arrangement in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is El-Saadawi interested in studying prison settings?
2. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university? What did his wife suggest?
3. How did Firdaus cover up her fears as a prostitute?
4. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
5. What is Firdaus' initial reaction to El Saadawi's interest in her story?
6. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
7. How did Sheikh Mahmoud treat Firdaus?
8. Who did Firdaus spit on and why?
9. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
10. What happened the night Firdaus saw Miss Iqbal crying?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)