|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firdaus' father do if a male child died?
(a) Beat his wife.
(c) Ate bread.
2. What is Firdaus' initial impression of El Saadawi?
(a) She does not want to meet her.
(b) She cannot wait to meet her.
(c) She thinks she is a spy.
(d) She hates her.
3. Where did Firdaus' uncle obtain a position in Chapter 2?
(a) Ministry of Wakfs.
(b) Ministry of Magic.
(c) Ministry of Mighty Kings.
(d) Ministry of Kafs.
4. Who interrupted Firdaus' packing in Chapter 2?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her uncle.
5. Why did Firdaus' mother mutilate her?
(a) She goes on a date.
(b) She asks how she could be born without a father.
(c) She stays out past curfew.
(d) She steals from the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who signed Firdaus' graduation certificate?
2. What did Sheikh Mahmoud deprive Firdaus of?
3. How did Firdaus manage her life at the Sheikh Mahmoud and her uncle's homes?
4. What did Firdaus want to tell her uncle in Chapter 2?
5. Where did El Saadawi meet the person which inspires the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Firdaus' life change at the age of 25?
2. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university? What did his wife suggest?
3. How did El Saadawi finally meet Firdaus?
4. Who did Firdaus spit on and why?
5. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
6. What is Firdaus' initial reaction to El Saadawi's interest in her story?
7. How did Firdaus' relationship change with Sharifa Salah el Dine from her first few days at her home and later as time progressed?
8. Why was Firdaus able to maintain her sanity at her uncle and husband's home?
9. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
10. Who did Ibrahim become engaged to and what was Firdaus' reaction?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)