|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does El Saadawi try to convince herself of in Chapter 1 as she walks back to the car?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She is better then Firdaus.
(c) She is less then Firdaus.
(d) She is wealthy.
2. What job was Firdaus successful at?
3. How did Firdaus help at her uncle's house?
(a) She dressed the other children.
(b) She cleaned.
(c) She beat the mats with a hammer.
(d) She dusted the antique china.
4. Where did Firdaus' uncle take her after she graduated?
(a) The movies.
(b) A concert.
(d) The theater.
5. How does El Saadawi feel when she meets Firdaus for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Firdaus' father teach her to do that replaces her mother's job?
2. What did her uncle tell Firdaus is a sin in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Firdaus invite El Saadawi to sit when they meet for the first time in Chapter 1?
4. What job did Firdaus obtain after many years of abuse?
5. What job did Firdaus' father hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Firdaus perform at school? What were here interests?
2. What happened to Firdaus when she went to the restaurant?
3. What happened at Firdaus' graduation ceremony? Why did she freeze?
4. What was Firdaus's relationship with her uncle when she lived with her parents?
5. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
6. Why is El-Saadawi interested in studying prison settings?
7. What was El Saadawi's initial meeting with Firdaus like?
8. Why was Firdaus able to maintain her sanity at her uncle and husband's home?
9. Why does El Saadawi refuse to believe Firdaus died?
10. How did Firdaus change after going to the restaurant?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)