|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bayoumi do after Firdaus complained?
(a) Ignored her.
(b) Locked her in the flat.
(c) Locked her in a trunk.
(d) Asked her to leave.
2. How does Firdaus feel about her "unknown journey" in Chapter 2?
3. Who did the Uncle's wife want Firdaus to marry in Chapter 2?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) The neighbor's son.
(c) The wife's uncle.
(d) Her cousin.
4. Who didn't want Firdaus to stay at her uncle's home after graduation?
(b) Her uncle's wife.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What did Firdaus' uncle teach her in Chapter 2?
(a) How to read and write.
(b) How to play tennis.
(c) How to run.
(d) How to make sandwhiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sheikh Mahmoud do to Firdaus when she threw food away?
2. Who did Firdaus hear her uncle thanking for the marriage arrangement in Chapter 2?
3. What does the doctor want Firdus' sentence reduced to in Chapter 1?
4. What did Sheikh Mahmoud deprive Firdaus of?
5. What is El Saadawi's impression of prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Firdaus cover up her fears as a prostitute?
2. Why did Firdaus' uncle return Firdaus to Sheikh Mahmoud?
3. Who is Sheikh Mahmoud ?
4. Describe the boarding school that Firdaus is sent to.
5. Who is Bayoumi and how did he help and hurt Firdaus?
6. Why was Firdaus able to maintain her sanity at her uncle and husband's home?
7. How did Firdaus' mother hurt her and why?
8. How did Firdaus react after spending the night with Sheikh Mahmoud ? Why did she react this way?
9. How did Sharifa Salah el Dine help Firdaus after she escaped from Bayoumi?
10. What is the doctor's opinion of Firdaus?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)