|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did El Saadawi step on the break quickly at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) She was brave.
(b) She had no courage.
(c) She forgot which was the gas pedal.
(d) She was tired.
2. Who is Marzouk?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A pimp.
(d) A teacher.
3. What did Ibrahim confess to Firdaus at the bus stop?
(a) The number of children he has.
(b) That he wants to quit his job.
(c) His feelings.
(d) That he hates his wife.
4. How did El Saadawi feel at the start of Chapter 3?
5. What did the Arab man believe Firdaus' real identity was?
6. What did Di'aa tell Firdaus he wanted to do with her?
(a) Go for a drive to Rome.
(b) Murder her husband.
(c) Take a walk.
7. What did Firdaus do after learning of Ibrahim's engagement?
(a) She moved home.
(b) She hit him.
(c) She killed him.
(d) She left her job.
8. Who is Ibrahim?
(a) A baker.
(b) A cleaning lady.
(c) A co-worker.
(d) A priest.
9. Who is Fawzy?
(a) A teacher.
(b) The servant in Sharifa Salah el Dine's home.
(c) A priest.
(d) A man that visits Fridaus.
10. What did Fawzy want with Firdaus?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To steal her money.
(d) To paint her.
11. Why did Firdaus deny being a criminal?
(a) Only humans can be criminals.
(b) She is a pathological liar.
(c) She was not a criminal.
(d) Only men can be criminals.
12. How much did the man in the luxury car offer Firdaus for her services?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 3,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000,000 pounds.
(d) 100 dollars.
13. What did Firdaus admit to the Arab man?
(a) She killed someone.
(b) She married before.
(c) She had a child.
(d) She loved him.
14. What happened when Firdaus saw Ibrahim again?
(a) He had five children.
(b) He beat her.
(c) He tried to bed her.
(d) He ignored her.
15. Why did Firdaus' prices increase?
(a) She did not want to be a prostitute.
(b) She denied men.
(c) She moved to a wealthy area.
(d) She accepted everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marzouk try to take from Firdaus?
2. What job did Firdaus take with the industrial company?
3. Why did El Saadawi step on her accelerator?
4. What does El Saadawi see in everyone she meets after speaking to Firdaus?
5. What was Ibrahim a chairman of?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)