|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firdaus begin to do with her money around age 25?
(a) Hide it in the cellar.
(b) Save it.
(c) Invest it.
(d) Spend it.
2. Why did El Saadawi step on the break quickly at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) She had no courage.
(b) She was tired.
(c) She forgot which was the gas pedal.
(d) She was brave.
3. How did El Saadawi feel at the start of Chapter 3?
4. What did Firdaus do at age 25 for living arrangements?
(a) She bought a house.
(b) She found her own apartment.
(c) She moved in with her uncle.
(d) She moved in with a cousin.
5. What did Di'aa tell Firdaus he wanted to do with her?
(a) Murder her husband.
(c) Go for a drive to Rome.
(d) Take a walk.
6. Where did Firdaus stay all the time while at Sharifa Salah el Dine's home?
(a) In her room.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the garden.
7. How much did the man in the luxury car offer Firdaus for her services?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000,000 pounds.
(c) 3,000 pounds.
(d) 100 dollars.
8. What did Firdaus rip apart after spending time with the man from the luxury car?
(a) His money.
(b) His luggage.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His car seats.
9. What does Firdaus say at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) She screams.
(b) Nothing, she falls silent.
(c) She repeats the names of her customers.
(d) She quotes the Bible.
10. Why did Firdaus feel peaceful after Ibrahim's deceit?
(a) She can feel not more pain.
(b) She moved home.
(c) She forgave him.
(d) She met a new man.
11. How did Firdaus feel at the end of Chapter 2?
12. How does El Saadawi feel about her life after leaving Firdaus?
(b) Her life is full.
13. Why, after eating the restaurant, did Firdaus begin to refuse men?
(a) She changed professions.
(b) She hated men.
(c) She became ill.
(d) She wanted to choose them.
14. What did Firdaus' co-worker tell her about love?
(a) Love stinks.
(b) Love yourself.
(c) Love is everywhere.
(d) It does not exist.
15. What did Fawzy want with Firdaus?
(a) To kill her.
(b) To paint her.
(c) To steal her money.
(d) To marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sharifa Salah el Dine believe men did not know Firdaus' true worth?
2. What did Firdaus feel when she spent the night with the men Sharifa Salah el Dine brought to her?
3. Who came through the door in Chapter 3?
4. Why did the Arab man call the police on Firdaus?
5. Who approached Firdaus in a luxury car while she walked down the street?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)