|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firdaus start to do after eating in the restaurant?
(a) She stole food.
(b) She looked people in the eye.
(c) She stole money.
(d) She ate in restaurants every night.
2. How much did the man in the luxury car offer Firdaus for her services?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 1,000,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 3,000 pounds.
3. Why did Ibrahim admire Firdaus?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her energy.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her body.
4. Why did the Arab man call the police on Firdaus?
(a) She shot him.
(b) She stabbed him.
(c) She hit him.
(d) She stole from him.
5. What river did Firdaus watch from her window every day?
6. Why did Firdaus feel peaceful after Ibrahim's deceit?
(a) She forgave him.
(b) She met a new man.
(c) She moved home.
(d) She can feel not more pain.
7. Who is Ibrahim?
(a) A co-worker.
(b) A baker.
(c) A priest.
(d) A cleaning lady.
8. What did Firdaus enjoy discussing with her friends?
(b) Pop music.
9. Why did Sharifa Salah el Dine believe men did not know Firdaus' true worth?
(a) Firdaus did not value herself.
(b) Men are not intuitive.
(c) Firdaus kept it a secret.
(d) Her parents kept it a secret.
10. Who is Fawzy?
(a) The servant in Sharifa Salah el Dine's home.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A man that visits Fridaus.
(d) A priest.
11. What did Fatheya ask Firdaus?
(a) If she hated Ibrahim.
(b) For money.
(c) For a place to stay.
(d) If she loved Ibrahim.
12. What did Firdaus realize about revolutionary men?
(a) They are different.
(b) They are no different.
(c) They have more power.
(d) They have more money.
13. How did El Saadawi feel after leaving Firdaus?
14. What did Firdaus learn about men?
(a) They kill.
(b) They don't like her hair.
(c) They are honest.
(d) They deceive.
15. What did Firdaus feel when she spent the night with the men Sharifa Salah el Dine brought to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Di'aa tell Firdaus he wanted to do with her?
2. Why did Firdaus' prices increase?
3. Why did Firdaus believe she was sentenced to death?
4. What did Marzouk try to take from Firdaus?
5. After she spoke with Di'aa, what did Firdaus realize about herself?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)