|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Firdaus attack Marzouk?
(a) A stick.
(b) A gun.
(c) Her fists.
(d) A knife.
2. Who approached Firdaus in a luxury car while she walked down the street?
(a) A banker.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A prince.
(d) Her husband.
3. How much did the man in the luxury car offer Firdaus for her services?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 3,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000,000 pounds.
4. After she spoke with Di'aa, what did Firdaus realize about herself?
(a) Her work is not respectable.
(b) Her work is important.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She is mean.
5. How did Ibrahim treat Firdaus after he saw her crying?
(a) He hated her.
(b) He spit on her.
(c) With special privilages.
(d) Like any other person.
6. Who is Fawzy?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A man that visits Fridaus.
(c) The servant in Sharifa Salah el Dine's home.
(d) A priest.
7. What did Ibrahim confess to Firdaus at the bus stop?
(a) That he hates his wife.
(b) His feelings.
(c) That he wants to quit his job.
(d) The number of children he has.
8. What was Sharifa Salah el Dine's job?
9. Why did Firdaus seem different to her co-worker?
(a) She had a new coat.
(b) Her face was glowing.
(c) She left the door to the office unlocked.
(d) Her hair was messy.
10. What did Firdaus enjoy discussing with her friends?
(c) Pop music.
11. Why did Firdaus deny being a criminal?
(a) Only men can be criminals.
(b) She is a pathological liar.
(c) Only humans can be criminals.
(d) She was not a criminal.
12. Why did the Arab man call the police on Firdaus?
(a) She shot him.
(b) She stabbed him.
(c) She stole from him.
(d) She hit him.
13. How did El Saadawi feel at the start of Chapter 3?
14. What did Di'aa say about Firdaus' profession?
(a) He mocked it.
(b) He beat her.
(c) He praised it.
(d) He turned her into the police.
15. What does Firdaus want to do when men ask if she feels good?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Spit on them.
(c) Hug them.
(d) Love them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marzouk try to take from Firdaus?
2. Why did Firdaus begin to stare at money after eating in the restaurant?
3. What did the Arab man believe Firdaus' real identity was?
4. What did Fatheya ask Firdaus?
5. Why did El Saadawi step on the break quickly at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)