|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Firdaus unlike other inmates?
(a) She refuses to see people.
(b) She does not wear handcuffs.
(c) She refuses to eat.
(d) She is innocent.
2. How did Firdaus feel when she entered her uncle's house for the first time?
(b) Like she was dying.
(d) Like she was being born a second time.
3. How does El Saadawi's contact get access for the author in the prison?
(a) As a psychiatrist.
(b) As a lawyer.
(c) As a friend.
(d) As a guard.
4. Who introduces El Saadawi to Firdaus?
(a) A guard.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A police man.
(d) A friend.
5. What did Firdaus beg for at the coffee shop in Chapter 2?
(d) A croissant.
6. What magazine did El Saadawi work for in the 1970's?
7. In what year does El Saadawi go to prison?
8. How did Firdaus hide her fears?
(a) Under makeup.
(c) She does not speak.
(d) Split personalities.
9. Why does Firdaus' uncle return her to Sheikh Mahmoud?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) Sheikh Mahmoud threatened him.
(c) All men beat their wives.
(d) She wanted to return.
10. Why did Firdaus complain about Bayoumi?
(a) He beat her.
(b) He deprived her of food.
(c) He made her wear pants.
(d) He did not find her work.
11. What did Firdaus try to tell Wafeya about Miss Iqbal?
(a) What her age is.
(b) That she is leaving the school
(c) What happened that night.
(d) That she hit her.
12. What is El Saadawi's impression of prison?
13. Where does Firdaus invite El Saadawi to sit when they meet for the first time in Chapter 1?
(a) In a chair.
(b) On a table.
(c) On the ground.
(d) On her bed.
14. What does the doctor want Firdus' sentence reduced to in Chapter 1?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) Life in prison.
15. Why was El Saadawi fired from her job in the 1970's?
(a) Her refusual to reveal a source.
(b) Her feminist views.
(c) She had an affair.
(d) She stole money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who signed Firdaus' graduation certificate?
2. What did Bayoumi offer Firdaus help in finding?
3. What happened to Firdaus when her name was called at graduation.
4. What is Firdaus' initial impression of El Saadawi?
5. Who came to see Firdaus at the playground the night of her graduation?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)