|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What case studies does El Saadawi study in Egypt?
2. What does Firdaus do when Sheikh Mahmoud beats her?
(a) Calls her mother.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Fights back.
3. What does the warden believe about Firdaus?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She does not deserve to hang.
(c) She deserves to hang.
(d) She killed her brother.
4. In Chapter 2, who was Wafeya in love with?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) The quarterback.
(c) Her uncles' friend.
(d) Her brother.
5. How did Firdaus feel about school?
(a) She didn't go to school.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She was bored.
(d) She enjoyed it.
6. Who came to see Firdaus at the playground the night of her graduation?
(b) Miss Iqbal.
(c) No one.
(d) Her uncle.
7. Where did Firdaus' uncle obtain a position in Chapter 2?
(a) Ministry of Magic.
(b) Ministry of Mighty Kings.
(c) Ministry of Kafs.
(d) Ministry of Wakfs.
8. How did Firdaus feel about herself in Chapter 2?
(a) She had low self-esteem.
(b) She had high self-esteem.
(c) She was egotistical.
(d) She was suicidal.
9. Why does Firdaus' uncle return her to Sheikh Mahmoud?
(a) All men beat their wives.
(b) Sheikh Mahmoud threatened him.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) She wanted to return.
10. How did Firdaus hide her fears?
(a) Split personalities.
(b) She does not speak.
(d) Under makeup.
11. Where did El Saadawi meet the person which inspires the story?
(a) Cairo State Reform Prison.
(b) Cawal- E- Marie.
(c) Al-Saudi Prison.
(d) Qanatir Prison.
12. What is Firdaus' initial impression of El Saadawi?
(a) She does not want to meet her.
(b) She cannot wait to meet her.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She thinks she is a spy.
13. Who slept on the floor in Firdaus' room in Chapter 2?
(a) El Saadawi.
(b) A servant girl.
(c) A dog.
(d) A servant boy.
14. What type of clothes did Firdaus wear?
(c) A sack.
(d) Hand-me downs.
15. What did Firdaus do every time she spent the night with Sheikh Mahmoud?
(a) Fell deeper in love.
(c) Mutilated herself.
(d) Cleansed her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Firdaus hear her uncle thanking for the marriage arrangement in Chapter 2?
2. Where did Firdaus' uncle take her after she graduated?
3. Why is Firdaus unlike other inmates?
4. Whose house does Firdaus run to when she becomes afraid of Sheikh Mahmoud?
5. What did Firdaus' father teach her to do that replaces her mother's job?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)