|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firdaus see at the place her uncle takes her after graduation?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(d) Women dancing.
2. Why is Firdaus in jail?
(c) Political crimes.
3. Why did Firdaus go to jail?
(a) Killing her child.
(b) Stealing a loaf of bread.
(c) Killing a woman.
(d) Killing a man.
4. What does Firdaus do to the pictures of men in magazines?
(a) Spits on them.
(b) Rips them to pieces.
(c) Kisses them.
(d) Draws on them.
5. Why does the doctor in Chapter 1 want to change Firdaus' sentence?
(a) She tried to stab him.
(b) She writes a book.
(c) She escapes.
(d) She has gentle eyes.
6. What is it impossible for all single women to know?
(a) How to kill.
(b) How to marry.
(c) All the women in magazines.
(d) All the men in magazines.
7. Why does Firdaus give El Saadawi these instructions in Chapter 2?
(a) She does not have much time.
(b) She thinks she is better than El Saadawi.
(c) She is insane.
(d) She does not like to be looked at.
8. In what year does El Saadawi go to prison?
9. How did Firdaus' mother mutilate her?
(a) She bruises her face.
(b) She cuts off her hand.
(c) Genital mutilation.
(d) She cuts off her toe.
10. What did Bayoumi offer Firdaus?
(a) Tea and biscuits.
(d) A place to stay.
11. What was Firdaus' relationship with her mother like?
12. Where did Bayoumi insist Firdaus sleeps in the winter?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The attic.
(c) Her own room.
(d) His bed.
13. What does the Warden tell El Saadawi in Chapter 1, when she tries to see Firdaus?
(a) She does not want to see her.
(b) Firdaus has some papers for her.
(c) The prison does not like journalists.
(d) Firdaus is already dead.
14. What could Sheikh Mahmoud offer Firdaus' uncle?
(a) A new car.
(b) A large dowry.
(c) Five cows.
(d) A new business.
15. How did Miss Iqbal treat Firdaus after the night she saw her crying?
(a) She received special privileges.
(c) With anger.
(d) Like the other students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Firdaus want to tell her uncle in Chapter 2?
2. What paperwork does Firdaus refuse to sign in Chapter 1?
3. How did Firdaus feel about herself in Chapter 2?
4. Who rescued Firdaus from Bayoumi?
5. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)