|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does El Saadawi hold that led her to meet Firdaus?
2. Who didn't want Firdaus to stay at her uncle's home after graduation?
(a) Her cousin.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her uncle's wife.
3. What does the warden believe about Firdaus?
(a) She killed her brother.
(b) She does not deserve to hang.
(c) She is insane.
(d) She deserves to hang.
4. What did Firdaus try to tell Wafeya about Miss Iqbal?
(a) That she is leaving the school
(b) What her age is.
(c) That she hit her.
(d) What happened that night.
5. What did Sheikh Mahmoud deprive Firdaus of?
6. Who can EL Saadawi not stop thinking about in Chapter 1?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her child.
(d) The prison.
7. Who did Firdaus hope to see at the playground the night of her graduation?
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Miss Iqbal.
8. What instructions does Firdaus give El Saadawi at the start of Chapter 2?
(a) Ask questions.
(b) Do not interrupt.
(c) Do not look her in the eyes.
(d) Close your eyes.
9. In Chapter 2, who was Wafeya in love with?
(a) Her uncles' friend.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) The quarterback.
(d) Her brother.
10. What must be done before Firdaus meets El Saadawi?
(a) The doctor must convince her.
(b) Saadawi must beg.
(c) Legal paperwork.
(d) Money must exchange hands.
11. What did Firdaus want to tell her uncle in Chapter 2?
(a) She wants to go home.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She loved him.
(d) She is dating a boy.
12. How does Firdaus feel about her "unknown journey" in Chapter 2?
13. What did Firdaus do every time she spent the night with Sheikh Mahmoud?
(b) Fell deeper in love.
(c) Mutilated herself.
(d) Cleansed her body.
14. How did Firdaus feel about school?
(a) She didn't go to school.
(b) She enjoyed it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She was bored.
15. Why is Firdaus in jail?
(a) Political crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does El Saadawi meet Firdaus?
2. What did Bayoumi do after Firdaus complained?
3. Who did El Saadawi know that was in prison?
4. Who is Bayoumi?
5. Who else does El Saadawi speak to prior to meeting Firdaus?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)