|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pages 42-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What case studies does El Saadawi study in Egypt?
2. Why did Firdaus' uncle not want to send her to the university?
(a) It was expensive.
(b) It was too far away.
(c) It was not accepting female students.
(d) It was co-ed.
3. What magazine did El Saadawi work for in the 1970's?
4. What did Firdaus want to tell her uncle in Chapter 2?
(a) She is dating a boy.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She loved him.
(d) She hates him.
5. Who introduces El Saadawi to Firdaus?
(a) A guard.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A friend.
(d) A police man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does El Saadawi hold that led her to meet Firdaus?
2. Why did the uncles' wife beat the girls in Chapter 2?
3. Why did Firdaus' mother mutilate her?
4. What was El Saadawi's response to Firdaus' death?
5. What job did El Saadawi hold in 1972?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)