|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pages 42-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did El Saadawi hold in 1972?
(a) Director of Health Education.
(b) CEO of MAIN.
(c) Director of General Hospital.
2. What did Firdaus do every time she spent the night with Sheikh Mahmoud?
(a) Mutilated herself.
(c) Fell deeper in love.
(d) Cleansed her body.
3. What happened when Firdaus saw herself in the mirror at her uncle's house?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She began to hate mirrors.
(c) She screamed.
(d) She fixed her hair.
4. What women will El Saadawi meet in the prison?
(a) Those who are drug users.
(b) Only women who murder.
(c) Women who steal.
(d) Those who suffer mental illness.
5. How did Firdaus feel about school?
(a) She didn't go to school.
(b) She enjoyed it.
(c) She was bored.
(d) She hated it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Firdaus feel about herself in Chapter 2?
2. What year is "Women and Neurosis in Egypt" published?
3. What did Firdaus' uncle give her when she graduated?
4. What happened to Firdaus when her name was called at graduation.
5. Who can EL Saadawi not stop thinking about in Chapter 1?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)