|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did El Saadawi hold in 1972?
(a) Director of General Hospital.
(b) CEO of MAIN.
(d) Director of Health Education.
2. What does the Warden tell El Saadawi in Chapter 1, when she tries to see Firdaus?
(a) Firdaus has some papers for her.
(b) Firdaus is already dead.
(c) She does not want to see her.
(d) The prison does not like journalists.
3. In what year was Firdaus executed?
4. Why did Firdaus go to jail?
(a) Killing a woman.
(b) Killing a man.
(c) Killing her child.
(d) Stealing a loaf of bread.
5. What case studies does El Saadawi study in Egypt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor want Firdus' sentence reduced to in Chapter 1?
2. Why is Firdaus in jail?
3. Who else does El Saadawi speak to prior to meeting Firdaus?
4. Where does Firdaus invite El Saadawi to sit when they meet for the first time in Chapter 1?
5. What must be done before Firdaus meets El Saadawi?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)