|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pages 86-96.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Firdaus when her name was called at graduation.
(a) She yelled with excitement.
(b) She froze.
(c) She cried.
(d) She ran away.
2. What does Firdaus want to do when men ask if she feels good?
(a) Hug them.
(b) Spit on them.
(c) Love them.
(d) Kill them.
3. What did Firdaus see at the place her uncle takes her after graduation?
(a) Women dancing.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
4. Why did Firdaus' uncle laugh when Firdus asked him to take her to El Azhar?
(a) It is a school for nurses.
(b) She is too young.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) It's a school for men.
5. How did Firdaus help at her uncle's house?
(a) She beat the mats with a hammer.
(b) She dressed the other children.
(c) She cleaned.
(d) She dusted the antique china.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Firdaus' relationship with her mother like?
2. Why did Firdaus hate men?
3. What women will El Saadawi meet in the prison?
4. Where does Firdaus invite El Saadawi to sit when they meet for the first time in Chapter 1?
5. Whose house does Firdaus run to when she becomes afraid of Sheikh Mahmoud?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)