|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pages 20-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can EL Saadawi not stop thinking about in Chapter 1?
(a) The prison.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her child.
2. What did Firdaus' father teach her to do that replaces her mother's job?
(a) Count money.
(b) Go to the field.
(c) Wash his legs.
(d) Bake bread.
3. In what year was Firdaus executed?
4. How did Firdaus feel about herself in Chapter 2?
(a) She had high self-esteem.
(b) She had low self-esteem.
(c) She was egotistical.
(d) She was suicidal.
5. Why did Firdaus' uncle laugh when Firdus asked him to take her to El Azhar?
(a) She is too young.
(b) It's a school for men.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) It is a school for nurses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did El Saadawi know that was in prison?
2. What does the Warden tell El Saadawi in Chapter 1, when she tries to see Firdaus?
3. Where did Firdaus' uncle take her after she graduated?
4. Why is Firdaus in jail?
5. Who introduces El Saadawi to Firdaus?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)