|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Calvin Tower's used bookstore?
2. To whom does Jake take an immediate liking?
3. Who calls a meeting of the men in the community to suggest that the people of the community stand up and fight against the wolves the next time they come?
4. What do the others feel when they visit the vacant lot?
5. What does Roland suspect about his body when he wakes up the first morning in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once the children of Calla Bryn Sturgis are returned after being abducted by the Wolves, what are they like?
2. What are the vagrant dead?
3. Why is the vacant lot so important?
4. What is the significance of Eddie and Jake traveling back to Manhattan in the year 1977?
5. What is an outstanding theme already developing ?
6. What is significant about the setting for this story?
7. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does the group from the Calla explain to Roland and his ka-tet about the Wolves?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 3, how does Father Callahan come to recognize a certain type of fictional creature?
9. The night that the group meets the Calla villagers, the entire ka-tet goes todash to Manhattan. What is different about Susannah there, and why is that important?
10. The leader of the mysterious group following the ka-tet approaches the ka-tet and reveals the group's purpose. Who is this group and what is their purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake feels guilt over what he saw at the embankment and at the Dogan as well as when Benny is killed during the battle with the Wolves. Is there any justification in his guilt? Explain your answer and use the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Father Callahan being a Catholic priest and his being an alcoholic?
Essay Topic 3
What type of a person is Tian? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)