|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitting around the camp, Eddie and Jake explain what to Roland?
2. What is one of the most important things to Roland and his relationship with his ka-tet?
3. What does Roland instruct his ka-tet about when they arrive in Calla Bryn Sturgis in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Roland does not tell anyone in the ka-tet what he knows about Mia because _______________.
5. Who is Rosalita?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Eddie and Jake traveling back to Manhattan in the year 1977?
2. What is an outstanding theme already developing ?
3. Why was it important for Eddie to make the first trip to 1977 Manhattan?
4. Why is the vacant lot so important?
5. Why are the Wolves stealing Calla Bryn Sturgis' children?
6. Why is Eddie hesitant to get involved with the people from Calla Bryn Sturgis and their troubles with the Wolves?
7. Once the children of Calla Bryn Sturgis are returned after being abducted by the Wolves, what are they like?
8. What type of person does Father Callahan appear to be?
9. What does Roland tell Eddie at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2, about Susannah?
10. The night that the group meets the Calla villagers, the entire ka-tet goes todash to Manhattan. What is different about Susannah there, and why is that important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake brings up the topic of trust when speaking with Roland about Susannah. Jake believes that Roland is hurting the ka-tet's cohesion by not being honest with everyone. What are the risks and benefits of Roland's secrecy?
Essay Topic 2
What does Roland's discussion with Jake about secrecy reveal about Roland's moral fiber?
Essay Topic 3
How is this book organized? How is its organization important to the flow of the story?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)