|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Roland's suspicions about his body are correct, what is he afraid of?
2. What is troubling Susannah?
3. What does Roland instruct his ka-tet about when they arrive in Calla Bryn Sturgis in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. During his time with the people of the village, what does Roland NOT do?
5. What is peculiar about the author of Charlie and the Choo-Choo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tian's motivation for bringing the community together and suggesting that the entire village stand up and fight against the Wolves?
2. What is significant about the setting for this story?
3. What does Jake grab off of the ground when they are at the vacant lot?
4. Why are the Wolves stealing Calla Bryn Sturgis' children?
5. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
6. What does Roland tell Eddie at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2, about Susannah?
7. What type of person does Father Callahan appear to be?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 3, how does Father Callahan come to recognize a certain type of fictional creature?
9. Why is Eddie hesitant to get involved with the people from Calla Bryn Sturgis and their troubles with the Wolves?
10. Roland and his ka-tet meet Father Callahan and the rest of his group from Calla Bryn Sturgis. Why does this group approach the gunslinger and his ka-tet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Benny and Jake's relationship. What does Benny allow Jake to be? What types of feelings does Jake hold for Benny? What opportunities do both of these boys give each other? Use the text to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
Is it believable that Eddie would be afraid of Susannah when Mia is in control of her body? Why or why not? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is Roland an effective leader? Use at least three examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)