|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roland decide to help the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis?
2. Which member of the ka-tet is worried that the people following the group will cause problems?
3. Which member of the ka-tet believes that the people following the group WILL NOT cause problems?
4. To whom does Jake take an immediate liking?
5. What does Roland feel when he and his ka-tet arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. The leader of the mysterious group following the ka-tet approaches the ka-tet and reveals the group's purpose. Who is this group and what is their purpose?
2. How does Jake react to the newcomers?
3. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 2 Eddie hears chimes while he is reading the paper the mobsters and the store owner are discussing. Is this significant?
4. What is the significance of Eddie and Jake traveling back to Manhattan in the year 1977?
5. Why is the vacant lot so important?
6. Roland and his ka-tet meet Father Callahan and the rest of his group from Calla Bryn Sturgis. Why does this group approach the gunslinger and his ka-tet?
7. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
8. What is an outstanding theme already developing ?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 2, "Dry Twist," what affliction does Roland reveal to readers and why is it a cause for concern?
10. Why does Roland tell Jake to spend the night with Benny Slightman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is this book organized? How is its organization important to the flow of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Jake is much like a grown man in a child's body. How does his maturity help him throughout Wolves of the Calla? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is Roland an effective leader? Use at least three examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)