|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is more common in the Callas than anywhere else?
2. Roland does not tell anyone in the ka-tet what he knows about Mia because _______________.
3. What trail are the main characters following to reach their destination?
4. Which member of the ka-tet believes that the people following the group WILL NOT cause problems?
5. Who calls a meeting of the men in the community to suggest that the people of the community stand up and fight against the wolves the next time they come?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Wolves stealing Calla Bryn Sturgis' children?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Roland feel when he arrives in Calla Bryn Sturgis?
3. What does Roland tell Eddie at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2, about Susannah?
4. Roland and his ka-tet meet Father Callahan and the rest of his group from Calla Bryn Sturgis. Why does this group approach the gunslinger and his ka-tet?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 2, "Dry Twist," what affliction does Roland reveal to readers and why is it a cause for concern?
6. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does the group from the Calla explain to Roland and his ka-tet about the Wolves?
7. Why is the vacant lot so important?
8. Why does Roland assign Susannah a role where she is to sit back and observe the strangers from the Calla rather than take an active part in their conversations?
9. What was in the contract that Eddie read when he was in Manhattan at the used bookstore, and why is the contract important?
10. When the group arrives back at Father Callahan and company's camp, whom do they all see preparing the meal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the protagonist(s) and antagonist(s) of this story? Is there more than one? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What does Roland's discussion with Jake about secrecy reveal about Roland's moral fiber?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the community of Calla Bryn Sturgis. What kinds of people live there? What are the relationships of the villagers like with each other? How does this make their victimization from the Wolves even more devastating?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)