|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Father Callahan?
2. What makes Roland suspect something is troubling Susannah?
3. Where does Jake spend the night in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. What was Susannah forced to do to save Jake in the past?
5. When Eddie wakes up later on the morning in the village, what does Roland tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 2 Eddie hears chimes while he is reading the paper the mobsters and the store owner are discussing. Is this significant?
2. Why is the vacant lot so important?
3. Why does Roland assign Susannah a role where she is to sit back and observe the strangers from the Calla rather than take an active part in their conversations?
4. Why was it important for Eddie to make the first trip to 1977 Manhattan?
5. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does the group from the Calla explain to Roland and his ka-tet about the Wolves?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Roland feel when he arrives in Calla Bryn Sturgis?
7. Why are the Wolves stealing Calla Bryn Sturgis' children?
8. Why does Roland demonstrate the ka-tet's abilities to the group from the Calla in Part 1, Chapter 6?
9. Why is Eddie hesitant to get involved with the people from Calla Bryn Sturgis and their troubles with the Wolves?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 2, "Dry Twist," what affliction does Roland reveal to readers and why is it a cause for concern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Roland's true reasoning in telling Eddie, Jake, and Susannah to go to Took's besides purchasing groceries? Explain your answer with evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Father Callahan being a Catholic priest and his being an alcoholic?
Essay Topic 3
Is Roland an effective leader? Use at least three examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)