|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Father Callahan?
2. During his time with the people of the village, what does Roland NOT do?
3. What does Roland feel when he and his ka-tet arrive?
4. What happens weeks after the Wolves come to Calla Bryn Sturgis?
5. Who tells the community that there is a gunslinger coming that will help them fight the Wolves?
Short Essay Questions
1. The leader of the mysterious group following the ka-tet approaches the ka-tet and reveals the group's purpose. Who is this group and what is their purpose?
2. What are the vagrant dead?
3. How does Jake react to the newcomers?
4. What type of person does Father Callahan appear to be?
5. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
6. What does Roland tell Eddie at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2, about Susannah?
7. What does Jake grab off of the ground when they are at the vacant lot?
8. What type of a person does Wayne Overholser appear to be?
9. The night that the group meets the Calla villagers, the entire ka-tet goes todash to Manhattan. What is different about Susannah there, and why is that important?
10. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 2 Eddie hears chimes while he is reading the paper the mobsters and the store owner are discussing. Is this significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the protagonist(s) and antagonist(s) of this story? Is there more than one? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Is it believable that Eddie would be afraid of Susannah when Mia is in control of her body? Why or why not? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of good and evil is a popular one for Stephen King. Explore how King depicts the epic battle of good vs. evil in Wolves of the Calla; use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)