|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Roland's suspicions about his body are correct, what is he afraid of?
2. What is unique about Father Callahan?
3. When Roland wakes the morning after his arrival at the village, what does he notice immediately?
4. At the beginning of Part 2, how does the crowd receive the ka-tet?
5. Who tells the community that there is a gunslinger coming that will help them fight the Wolves?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Roland feel when he arrives in Calla Bryn Sturgis?
2. The leader of the mysterious group following the ka-tet approaches the ka-tet and reveals the group's purpose. Who is this group and what is their purpose?
3. What type of a person does Wayne Overholser appear to be?
4. How do Roland and his ka-tet begin to gain the confidence of the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. Why does Roland tell Jake to spend the night with Benny Slightman?
6. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 2 Eddie hears chimes while he is reading the paper the mobsters and the store owner are discussing. Is this significant?
7. What is Tian's motivation for bringing the community together and suggesting that the entire village stand up and fight against the Wolves?
8. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
9. What is an outstanding theme already developing ?
10. Roland and his ka-tet meet Father Callahan and the rest of his group from Calla Bryn Sturgis. Why does this group approach the gunslinger and his ka-tet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake is much like a grown man in a child's body. How does his maturity help him throughout Wolves of the Calla? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the setting (that of a Western movie) of this story, and how does that clash with Andy, the Wolves, and the Dogan? Use examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Who are the protagonist(s) and antagonist(s) of this story? Is there more than one? Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)