|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the vagrant dead?
2. To whom does Jake take an immediate liking?
3. How do Jake and Eddie travel away from Roland?
4. Which member of the ka-tet is worried that the people following the group will cause problems?
5. At the beginning of Part 2, where do Roland and his ka-tet ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, how does Father Callahan come to recognize a certain type of fictional creature?
2. The night that the group meets the Calla villagers, the entire ka-tet goes todash to Manhattan. What is different about Susannah there, and why is that important?
3. Why is Eddie hesitant to get involved with the people from Calla Bryn Sturgis and their troubles with the Wolves?
4. What is Tian's motivation for bringing the community together and suggesting that the entire village stand up and fight against the Wolves?
5. Why is the vacant lot so important?
6. What are the vagrant dead?
7. What does Jake grab off of the ground when they are at the vacant lot?
8. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
9. Why does Roland demonstrate the ka-tet's abilities to the group from the Calla in Part 1, Chapter 6?
10. What does Roland tell Eddie at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2, about Susannah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake brings up the topic of trust when speaking with Roland about Susannah. Jake believes that Roland is hurting the ka-tet's cohesion by not being honest with everyone. What are the risks and benefits of Roland's secrecy?
Essay Topic 2
How is this book organized? How is its organization important to the flow of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Jake is much like a grown man in a child's body. How does his maturity help him throughout Wolves of the Calla? Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)