|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eddie start to read the paperwork the group is discussing in the storeroom?
2. Why does Roland feel the need to put his abilities on display for the villagers?
3. What does Andy know that the rest of the community doesn't know?
4. When he asks, what description of the Wolves does Roland get?
5. What is it about this village and its inhabitants that makes Roland feel so comfortable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the contract that Eddie read when he was in Manhattan at the used bookstore, and why is the contract important?
2. The leader of the mysterious group following the ka-tet approaches the ka-tet and reveals the group's purpose. Who is this group and what is their purpose?
3. When the group arrives back at Father Callahan and company's camp, whom do they all see preparing the meal?
4. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 2, "Dry Twist," what affliction does Roland reveal to readers and why is it a cause for concern?
6. What is significant about the setting for this story?
7. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 2 Eddie hears chimes while he is reading the paper the mobsters and the store owner are discussing. Is this significant?
8. Why was it important for Eddie to make the first trip to 1977 Manhattan?
9. What does Roland tell Eddie at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2, about Susannah?
10. How does Jake react to the newcomers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is it believable that Eddie would be afraid of Susannah when Mia is in control of her body? Why or why not? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the community of Calla Bryn Sturgis. What kinds of people live there? What are the relationships of the villagers like with each other? How does this make their victimization from the Wolves even more devastating?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the protagonist(s) and antagonist(s) of this story? Is there more than one? Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)