|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, how does the crowd receive the ka-tet?
2. What does Roland have his ka-tet do to show the villagers their talents?
3. When Roland wakes the morning after his arrival at the village, what does he notice immediately?
4. What is the community's response to the idea of fighting the Wolves?
5. What do the others feel when they visit the vacant lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it important for Eddie to make the first trip to 1977 Manhattan?
2. What are the vagrant dead?
3. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
4. What type of a person does Wayne Overholser appear to be?
5. What type of person does Father Callahan appear to be?
6. Roland and his ka-tet meet Father Callahan and the rest of his group from Calla Bryn Sturgis. Why does this group approach the gunslinger and his ka-tet?
7. How does Jake react to the newcomers?
8. Once the children of Calla Bryn Sturgis are returned after being abducted by the Wolves, what are they like?
9. Why is the vacant lot so important?
10. How do Roland and his ka-tet begin to gain the confidence of the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis in Part 2, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Roland an effective leader? Use at least three examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What type of a person is Tian? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is it believable that Eddie would be afraid of Susannah when Mia is in control of her body? Why or why not? Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)