|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the stranger that arrives at the camp?
2. Why does Roland decide to help the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis?
3. How is Mia born?
4. Who calls a meeting of the men in the community to suggest that the people of the community stand up and fight against the wolves the next time they come?
5. What about the villagers' story is Roland most curious about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roland assign Susannah a role where she is to sit back and observe the strangers from the Calla rather than take an active part in their conversations?
2. Roland and his ka-tet meet Father Callahan and the rest of his group from Calla Bryn Sturgis. Why does this group approach the gunslinger and his ka-tet?
3. Why does Roland tell Jake to spend the night with Benny Slightman?
4. What does Jake grab off of the ground when they are at the vacant lot?
5. What is an outstanding theme already developing ?
6. How do Roland and his ka-tet begin to gain the confidence of the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis in Part 2, Chapter 1?
7. How does Jake react to the newcomers?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Roland feel when he arrives in Calla Bryn Sturgis?
9. Why was it important for Eddie to make the first trip to 1977 Manhattan?
10. What is significant about the setting for this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of good and evil is a popular one for Stephen King. Explore how King depicts the epic battle of good vs. evil in Wolves of the Calla; use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the protagonist(s) and antagonist(s) of this story? Is there more than one? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does King use the theme of injustice throughout this book? Use the text to support your answers.
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)