|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland suspect about his body when he wakes up the first morning in the village?
2. What does Roland feel when he and his ka-tet arrive?
3. Where do Roland, Eddie, and Susannah stay their first night in the village?
4. What is the Dark Tower?
5. When Roland wakes the morning after his arrival at the village, what does he notice immediately?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the contract that Eddie read when he was in Manhattan at the used bookstore, and why is the contract important?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Roland feel when he arrives in Calla Bryn Sturgis?
3. Why does Roland demonstrate the ka-tet's abilities to the group from the Calla in Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. How does Jake react to the newcomers?
5. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
6. What does Roland tell Eddie at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2, about Susannah?
7. The night that the group meets the Calla villagers, the entire ka-tet goes todash to Manhattan. What is different about Susannah there, and why is that important?
8. What is significant about the setting for this story?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 2, "Dry Twist," what affliction does Roland reveal to readers and why is it a cause for concern?
10. Why is Eddie hesitant to get involved with the people from Calla Bryn Sturgis and their troubles with the Wolves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many instances in this book that appear to be coincidences on the surface but, when examined deeper, are much more important. For instance, the word "Calla" is part of Father Callahan's name, and Father Callahan is really the individual responsible for bringing the village, the gunslinger, and the ka-tet together. What other such coincidences exist in the text, and how are they relevant to one another? Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of good and evil is a popular one for Stephen King. Explore how King depicts the epic battle of good vs. evil in Wolves of the Calla; use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of women having the talent to throw the plate and the legend of the Lady Oriza?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)