|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie notice about the stranger immediately?
2. What does Roland feel when he and his ka-tet arrive?
3. Why is the vacant lot important?
4. What does Jake consider the object he picks up in the vacant lot to be?
5. Whom is Roland trying to impress by showing his ka-tet's abilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the group arrives back at Father Callahan and company's camp, whom do they all see preparing the meal?
2. How do Roland and his ka-tet begin to gain the confidence of the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. Once the children of Calla Bryn Sturgis are returned after being abducted by the Wolves, what are they like?
4. What was in the contract that Eddie read when he was in Manhattan at the used bookstore, and why is the contract important?
5. What is significant about the setting for this story?
6. What are the vagrant dead?
7. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does the group from the Calla explain to Roland and his ka-tet about the Wolves?
8. What does Jake grab off of the ground when they are at the vacant lot?
9. How does Jake react to the newcomers?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 3, how does Father Callahan come to recognize a certain type of fictional creature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is it believable that Eddie would be afraid of Susannah when Mia is in control of her body? Why or why not? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What does Roland's discussion with Jake about secrecy reveal about Roland's moral fiber?
Essay Topic 3
Is Roland an effective leader? Use at least three examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)