|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Andy come from?
2. What is troubling Susannah?
3. Which member of the ka-tet is worried that the people following the group will cause problems?
4. What are the vagrant dead?
5. What does the ka-tet decide to do about the lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, how does Father Callahan come to recognize a certain type of fictional creature?
2. Why does Roland assign Susannah a role where she is to sit back and observe the strangers from the Calla rather than take an active part in their conversations?
3. What is the significance of Eddie and Jake traveling back to Manhattan in the year 1977?
4. What is an outstanding theme already developing ?
5. Why is the vacant lot so important?
6. What is significant about the setting for this story?
7. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does the group from the Calla explain to Roland and his ka-tet about the Wolves?
8. What type of person does Father Callahan appear to be?
9. Why does Roland tell Jake to spend the night with Benny Slightman?
10. Roland and his ka-tet meet Father Callahan and the rest of his group from Calla Bryn Sturgis. Why does this group approach the gunslinger and his ka-tet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake is much like a grown man in a child's body. How does his maturity help him throughout Wolves of the Calla? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Jake feels guilt over what he saw at the embankment and at the Dogan as well as when Benny is killed during the battle with the Wolves. Is there any justification in his guilt? Explain your answer and use the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Jake brings up the topic of trust when speaking with Roland about Susannah. Jake believes that Roland is hurting the ka-tet's cohesion by not being honest with everyone. What are the risks and benefits of Roland's secrecy?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)