|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ka-tet decide to do about the lot?
2. Who is Mia?
3. What is the Dark Tower?
4. Why is the vacant lot important?
5. What is peculiar about the author of Charlie and the Choo-Choo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Eddie hesitant to get involved with the people from Calla Bryn Sturgis and their troubles with the Wolves?
2. What type of a person does Wayne Overholser appear to be?
3. The leader of the mysterious group following the ka-tet approaches the ka-tet and reveals the group's purpose. Who is this group and what is their purpose?
4. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
5. Why are the Wolves stealing Calla Bryn Sturgis' children?
6. How do Roland and his ka-tet begin to gain the confidence of the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis in Part 2, Chapter 1?
7. What was in the contract that Eddie read when he was in Manhattan at the used bookstore, and why is the contract important?
8. What is an outstanding theme already developing ?
9. What does Jake grab off of the ground when they are at the vacant lot?
10. Why is the vacant lot so important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Jake's mind reading ability a curse or a gift? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What does Roland's discussion with Jake about secrecy reveal about Roland's moral fiber?
Essay Topic 3
How is this book organized? How is its organization important to the flow of the story?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)