|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the ka-tet travel back with the group from the Calla to their camp for lunch, who is cooking the meal?
2. What are Roland and his ka-tet on a quest to find?
3. Why does Jake pick the object up off of the ground in the vacant lot?
4. Where did Andy come from?
5. What does Andy know that the rest of the community doesn't know?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roland assign Susannah a role where she is to sit back and observe the strangers from the Calla rather than take an active part in their conversations?
2. What type of a person does Wayne Overholser appear to be?
3. How do Roland and his ka-tet begin to gain the confidence of the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. What are the vagrant dead?
5. What is significant about the setting for this story?
6. What is an outstanding theme already developing ?
7. What is the significance of Eddie and Jake traveling back to Manhattan in the year 1977?
8. What does Roland tell Eddie at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2, about Susannah?
9. What does Jake grab off of the ground when they are at the vacant lot?
10. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does the group from the Calla explain to Roland and his ka-tet about the Wolves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Father Callahan being a Catholic priest and his being an alcoholic?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the protagonist(s) and antagonist(s) of this story? Is there more than one? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is Roland an effective leader? Use at least three examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)