|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eddie wakes up later on the morning in the village, what does Roland tell him?
(a) That Rosalita is an informant for the mobsters Eddie knows.
(b) That the group the ka-tet was concerned about following them earlier is really a demon come to stop them from finding the Dark Tower.
(c) That Susannah is pregnant and the stress from her condition has caused her personalities to break up again.
(d) That Jake has gone missing and that he fears the Wolves have him.
2. For what does Tian use Tia?
(a) Milking the cows.
(b) Pulling weeds in the garden.
(c) Plowing the field.
(d) Watching the children.
3. What happens weeks after the Wolves come to Calla Bryn Sturgis?
(a) It rains for seven days, flooding the farmland.
(c) The children return.
(d) All of the livestock in the village dies.
4. To whom does Jake take an immediate liking?
(b) The stranger.
5. What does Roland suspect about his body when he wakes up the first morning in the village?
(a) That he is growing younger.
(b) That he is aging very fast.
(c) That he is losing weight quickly.
(d) That his morning pain is arthritis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who owns the second-hand bookstore?
2. Why is the vacant lot important?
3. When Roland wakes the morning after his arrival at the village, what does he notice immediately?
4. What is one of the most important things to Roland and his relationship with his ka-tet?
5. Who are the others that come with the stranger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an outstanding theme already developing ?
2. Why was it important for Eddie to make the first trip to 1977 Manhattan?
3. Why does Roland tell Jake to spend the night with Benny Slightman?
4. What does Jake grab off of the ground when they are at the vacant lot?
5. Why does Roland assign Susannah a role where she is to sit back and observe the strangers from the Calla rather than take an active part in their conversations?
6. What are the vagrant dead?
7. When the group arrives back at Father Callahan and company's camp, whom do they all see preparing the meal?
8. Once the children of Calla Bryn Sturgis are returned after being abducted by the Wolves, what are they like?
9. What is Tian's motivation for bringing the community together and suggesting that the entire village stand up and fight against the Wolves?
10. Why does Roland demonstrate the ka-tet's abilities to the group from the Calla in Part 1, Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)