|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie find peculiar about the stranger's name?
(a) That it contains the word "Calla" and that it contains nineteen letters.
(b) That it is familiar to Eddie, but he can't figure out why.
(c) That he has heard of Susannah talk of him.
(d) That he knew a man with this name in his previous time.
2. How is Mia born?
(a) The Wolves deliver her to the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(b) Roland's wife gives birth to her in her world.
(c) Susannah creates her in order to cope with an unpleasant event that happened a few weeks earlier.
(d) No one knows.
3. At the beginning of Part 2, where do Roland and his ka-tet ride?
(b) To Candleton.
(c) To Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(d) To Manhattan.
4. Out of the others that come with the stranger, why does the large landowner dominate the conversation and ask so many questions?
(a) Because he does not trust Roland and his ka-tet.
(b) Because he believes the sacrifice of the village's children will bring them all a bountiful harvest, and he does not want anyone to interfere with the Wolves.
(c) Because he does not think Roland is really a gunslinger from the house of Eld, as he claims.
(d) Because he believes the Wolves mean the village no harm.
5. Who is Mia?
(a) One of Susannah's personalities.
(b) The newest member of the ka-tet.
(c) Roland's wife from his world.
(d) The Mayor of Calla Bryn Sturgis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mia do in the night?
2. Why is the second-hand bookstore so important?
3. Sitting around the camp, Eddie and Jake explain what to Roland?
4. What does Susannah see at the vacant lot that frightens her?
5. What does the stranger tell Roland specifically?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 2, "Dry Twist," what affliction does Roland reveal to readers and why is it a cause for concern?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Roland feel when he arrives in Calla Bryn Sturgis?
3. The night that the group meets the Calla villagers, the entire ka-tet goes todash to Manhattan. What is different about Susannah there, and why is that important?
4. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
5. What type of person does Father Callahan appear to be?
6. What is significant about the setting for this story?
7. How does Jake react to the newcomers?
8. What does Roland tell Eddie at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2, about Susannah?
9. Why are the Wolves stealing Calla Bryn Sturgis' children?
10. What is Tian's motivation for bringing the community together and suggesting that the entire village stand up and fight against the Wolves?
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)