|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roland have his ka-tet do to show the villagers their talents?
(a) Roland tells Jake to shoot a plate thrown in the air and then Eddie and Susannah catch all of the pieces that fall without anything touching the ground.
(b) Roland has Jake set up a number of objects for Roland to shoot at a great distance, which he does without missing once.
(c) Roland has Eddie throw plates.
(d) Roland has Susannah tell the fortunes of the villagers.
2. What does Roland suspect about his body when he wakes up the first morning in the village?
(a) That his morning pain is arthritis.
(b) That he is aging very fast.
(c) That he is losing weight quickly.
(d) That he is growing younger.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 7, who goes into the vacant lot to visit the rose?
(a) Roland, Susannah, and Oy.
(b) Nort, Oy, and Wayne.
(c) Roland, Eddie, and Jake.
(d) Susannah, Mia, and Tia.
4. Who is Mia?
(a) The newest member of the ka-tet.
(b) One of Susannah's personalities.
(c) The Mayor of Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(d) Roland's wife from his world.
5. For what does Tian use Tia?
(a) Pulling weeds in the garden.
(b) Watching the children.
(c) Plowing the field.
(d) Milking the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the bowling alley's name?
2. What does Roland tell Eddie and Jake about their recent journey?
3. What does the stranger tell the ka-tet?
4. How often do the Wolves come to Calla Bryn Sturgis?
5. At the beginning of Part 2, where do Roland and his ka-tet ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the vagrant dead?
2. What is significant about the setting for this story?
3. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does the group from the Calla explain to Roland and his ka-tet about the Wolves?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Roland feel when he arrives in Calla Bryn Sturgis?
5. Why is the vacant lot so important?
6. What is the significance of Eddie and Jake traveling back to Manhattan in the year 1977?
7. Who is Mia, and why is she important to the story thus far?
8. What is an outstanding theme already developing ?
9. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 2 Eddie hears chimes while he is reading the paper the mobsters and the store owner are discussing. Is this significant?
10. The night that the group meets the Calla villagers, the entire ka-tet goes todash to Manhattan. What is different about Susannah there, and why is that important?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)