|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object Jake picks up off the ground by the vacant lot?
(a) The rose.
(b) A map of Jake's world.
(c) A bag for a bowling ball.
(d) A letter.
2. What does the contract say that the mobsters and the second-hand bookstore owner were reading ?
(a) That the mobsters have the right to take his bookstore because the storeowner owes money to the mobsters' boss.
(b) That the storeowner must sell his bookstore to the mobsters because he owes them money for a horseracing debt that he lost.
(c) That a certain company gets the first rights to purchase a certain empty lot one year after they signed the agreement.
(d) It's a rental agreement, and the storeowner must pay his rent to the mobsters immediately because it's past due.
3. What are the vagrant dead?
(a) Homeless people who have died.
(b) Roland's favorite band.
(c) The bodies of vagabonds.
(d) Something seen when going todash.
4. When Susannah stares at the clock, what does she suddenly realize?
(a) That she has lost time.
(b) That it is almost midnight.
(c) That time has sped up.
(d) That time has gone backward.
5. When Roland wakes the morning after his arrival at the village, what does he notice immediately?
(a) That he is in yet another time and place.
(b) That Jake is missing.
(c) That Susannah has left again in the night.
(d) That he is extremely sore and stiff.
6. Who is the stranger that arrives at the camp?
(b) Pere Callahan.
(c) Odetta Holmes.
7. At the beginning of Part 2, how does the crowd receive the ka-tet?
(a) They reject them and shout at them to leave.
(b) They are accepting of them.
(c) They are indifferent to their presence.
(d) They fear them.
8. What is peculiar about the author of Charlie and the Choo-Choo?
(a) That the author's name has changed and that the new name contains nineteen letters.
(b) They know who the author is.
(c) There is no author's name on the book anymore.
(d) They don't know who the author is.
9. What happens weeks after the Wolves come to Calla Bryn Sturgis?
(a) The children return.
(b) All of the livestock in the village dies.
(c) It rains for seven days, flooding the farmland.
10. In Part 1, Chapter 7, what is the rose doing?
(a) It is playing sweet music.
(b) It is wilting.
(c) It is dying.
(d) It is singing.
11. How often do the Wolves come to Calla Bryn Sturgis?
(a) Whenever someone in the village dies.
(b) Once a decade.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Once every generation.
12. What is the name of the man who owns the second-hand bookstore?
(a) Oy the billy-bumbler.
(b) Calvin Tower.
(c) The Walkin' Dude.
(d) Susan Delgado.
13. What do the others feel when they visit the vacant lot?
(a) They all feel like they are in danger.
(b) They all feel a sense of belonging and of being at home.
(c) They all feel nauseous.
(d) They all feel a sense of peace and are drawn to the rose.
14. What is troubling Susannah?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She doesn't love Eddie anymore.
(c) She has multiple personalities.
(d) She doesn't like traveling with the ka-tet.
15. What makes Roland suspect something is troubling Susannah?
(a) Because she looks ill.
(b) Because she cries all of the time.
(c) Because she won't talk to anyone.
(d) Because she has been wandering during the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his time with the people of the village, what does Roland NOT do?
2. Who is Andy?
3. What is the name of the community that the Wolves come to each generation?
4. Where did Andy come from?
5. Who are the others that come with the stranger?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)