|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger tell the ka-tet?
(a) That he is dying and needs their help.
(b) That there is a horrible storm coming and they must seek adequate shelter.
(c) That the village of Calla Bryn Sturgis needs the gunslinger's help.
(d) That the group that is following the ka-tet is dangerous.
2. Which member of the ka-tet believes that the people following the group WILL NOT cause problems?
3. Who is Rosalita?
(a) The town's schoolteacher.
(b) Father Callahan's housekeeper.
(c) The town's seer.
(d) Tia's best friend.
4. What does the stranger tell Roland specifically?
(a) That he has an object that Roland should take if he comes to the Calla.
(b) That Roland must beware of the group following the ka-tet.
(c) That if Roland chooses to help the people of the Calla, he will be taken to the Dark Tower.
(d) That Roland must stop looking for the Dark Tower.
5. When the ka-tet travel back with the group from the Calla to their camp for lunch, who is cooking the meal?
6. When the ka-tet goes to sleep that night after meeting the villagers, what happens?
(a) Jake wanders off in the night.
(b) They all have the same dream
(c) They all have nightmares.
(d) All four of them todash to Manhattan.
7. What happens to Susannah when she visits the vacant lot?
(a) She can see in her mind the location of the Dark Tower.
(b) She is able to see the future.
(c) She has a vision that shows her who the Wolves will take next.
(d) She becomes very frightened.
8. When the Wolves come to the community, what do they take with them?
(a) One twin from each set of twin children between the ages of five and fifteen in the community.
(b) Meat from each household in the community.
(c) A strand of hair from each woman in the community.
(d) One member of each ka-tet in the community.
9. What is more common in the Callas than anywhere else?
(a) Babies with black hair and black eyes.
(b) Twin births.
(c) Babies with blonde hair and green eyes.
(d) Singleton births.
10. What does Eddie find peculiar about the stranger's name?
(a) That it contains the word "Calla" and that it contains nineteen letters.
(b) That it is familiar to Eddie, but he can't figure out why.
(c) That he has heard of Susannah talk of him.
(d) That he knew a man with this name in his previous time.
11. What is the name of the man who owns the second-hand bookstore?
(a) Calvin Tower.
(b) Oy the billy-bumbler.
(c) The Walkin' Dude.
(d) Susan Delgado.
12. Who calls a meeting of the men in the community to suggest that the people of the community stand up and fight against the wolves the next time they come?
(a) Eddie Dean.
(b) Tian Jaffords.
(d) Father Donald Callahan.
13. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3, when Roland wakes, he finds ___________________.
(a) Jake telling a story.
(b) Eddie reading a book.
(c) Susannah walking to a swamp.
(d) Andy cooking breakfast.
14. Who are the others that come with the stranger?
(a) Beverly, Sheriff Bannerman, and Johnny.
(b) Jack, Wendy, and Tom Gordon.
(c) Tian and Zalia Jaffords, Ben and Benny Slightman, and Wayne Overholser.
(d) Mia, Oy, Nort, and Trashcan Man.
15. What is the name of the community that the Wolves come to each generation?
(b) Gallows Hill.
(c) New York City.
(d) Calla Bryn Sturgis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eddie think that there is a reason he and Jake traveled to the bookstore?
2. Who is the stranger that arrives at the camp?
3. Sitting around the camp, Eddie and Jake explain what to Roland?
4. Who is Andy?
5. Why is the vacant lot important?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)