|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the second-hand bookstore so important?
(a) The owner is the Dark Tower's innkeeper.
(b) The owner is Jake's father.
(c) Jake bought some books there in his previous life that proved useful to Roland and the ka-tet during their journeys.
(d) The bookstore building is the Dark Tower.
2. What is the name of the community that the Wolves come to each generation?
(a) Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(b) Gallows Hill.
(d) New York City.
3. What happens when Eddie asks Andy about the Wolves?
(a) Andy refuses to speak about the Wolves without a password.
(b) Andy says that he does not know anything about them.
(c) Andy says that the Wolves will leave the village alone if they stop having children.
(d) Andy says that the Wolves come and take the village children.
4. Who calls a meeting of the men in the community to suggest that the people of the community stand up and fight against the wolves the next time they come?
(a) Eddie Dean.
(c) Father Donald Callahan.
(d) Tian Jaffords.
5. What does Roland instruct his ka-tet about when they arrive in Calla Bryn Sturgis in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) That there will be a party for them and that they should not drink too much.
(b) That they will only stay awhile before continuing their journey.
(c) That he will stay and the others must go on without him.
(d) That they will make a permanent home there.
6. What was Susannah forced to do to save Jake in the past?
(a) Go hungry so that he might eat.
(b) Distract a demon so Eddie and Roland could rescue Jake.
(c) Travel to a dangerous place and steal medicine.
(d) Lie to Roland.
7. During his time with the people of the village, what does Roland NOT do?
(c) Remember his own childhood.
(d) Ask the people the most important question, the one that will bind him and his ka-tet to helping the village of Calla Bryn Sturgis.
8. Which member of the ka-tet is worried that the people following the group will cause problems?
9. What is the object Jake picks up off the ground by the vacant lot?
(a) A bag for a bowling ball.
(b) The rose.
(c) A map of Jake's world.
(d) A letter.
10. At the beginning of Part 2, who does Roland urge to speak to the crowd?
11. What about Susannah is Roland afraid of?
(a) That she is pregnant with a demon child.
(b) That she will leave the ka-tet.
(c) That she and Eddie have had an argument.
(d) That she is angry with Roland.
12. What does Eddie notice about the stranger immediately?
(a) That the stranger is from Eddie, Jake, and Susannah's world.
(b) That he is there to help the ka-tet.
(c) That he is an imposter.
(d) That he is a spy.
13. What does Roland tell Eddie and Jake about their recent journey?
(a) That the muffin balls made them hallucinate the whole thing.
(b) That he didn't believe them.
(c) That they went todash.
(d) That the story was utterly impossible.
14. Where does Jake spend the night in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Outside under the stars.
(b) With Wayne Overholser.
(c) At the Slightman's house.
(d) With Mia.
15. What does Roland suspect about his body when he wakes up the first morning in the village?
(a) That he is aging very fast.
(b) That his morning pain is arthritis.
(c) That he is growing younger.
(d) That he is losing weight quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the others that come with the stranger?
2. If Roland's suspicions about his body are correct, what is he afraid of?
3. At the beginning of Part 2, how does the crowd receive the ka-tet?
4. What is unique about Father Callahan?
5. What happens weeks after the Wolves come to Calla Bryn Sturgis?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)