|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The Wolves: Chapter 8, The Wolves, and Epilogue, The Doorway Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what were the mobsters threatening Calvin Tower?
(a) They told him that they would burn his rare book collection.
(b) They said that they would burn down his shop.
(c) They claimed they would kill him.
(d) One of them said he would make false accusations to the police against Calvin.
2. Which member of the ka-tet believes that the people following the group WILL NOT cause problems?
3. When he asks, what description of the Wolves does Roland get?
(a) That they are wolves with grey or brown fur, sharp teeth, and bright yellow eyes.
(b) That they look just like other members of the Callas; they appear as farmers and ranchers.
(c) That no one knows exactly what they look like because no one has ever seen them.
(d) That there are approximately sixty of them and they ride gray horses.
4. What about Susannah is Roland afraid of?
(a) That she and Eddie have had an argument.
(b) That she is angry with Roland.
(c) That she will leave the ka-tet.
(d) That she is pregnant with a demon child.
5. In the epilogue, what do Roland and Eddie quickly realize?
(a) That they need to formulate a new plan to execute when the Wolf reinforcements arrive.
(b) That they should relax and celebrate their victory over the Wolves.
(c) That Mr. Slightman has taken the boys and that they are in danger.
(d) That Black Thirteen is missing and the Unfound Door is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, where do Roland and his ka-tet ride?
2. The night before the battle with the Wolves at the gathering at the Pavillion, what is the mood like?
3. Why does Eddie think that there is a reason he and Jake traveled to the bookstore?
4. Who tells the community that there is a gunslinger coming that will help them fight the Wolves?
5. What about the encounter with the Wolves distracts Eddie?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)