|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Telling Tales: Chapter 1, The Pavillion, Chapter 2, Dry Twist, and Chapter 3, The Priest's Tale (New York).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Susannah forced to do to save Jake in the past?
(a) Distract a demon so Eddie and Roland could rescue Jake.
(b) Lie to Roland.
(c) Go hungry so that he might eat.
(d) Travel to a dangerous place and steal medicine.
2. When he asks, what description of the Wolves does Roland get?
(a) That they are wolves with grey or brown fur, sharp teeth, and bright yellow eyes.
(b) That no one knows exactly what they look like because no one has ever seen them.
(c) That they look just like other members of the Callas; they appear as farmers and ranchers.
(d) That there are approximately sixty of them and they ride gray horses.
3. What does the stranger tell Roland specifically?
(a) That if Roland chooses to help the people of the Calla, he will be taken to the Dark Tower.
(b) That he has an object that Roland should take if he comes to the Calla.
(c) That Roland must beware of the group following the ka-tet.
(d) That Roland must stop looking for the Dark Tower.
4. What is the Dark Tower?
(a) A building without electricity.
(b) A building that can only be seen at night.
(c) A magical building that is the center of the cosmos.
(d) A fairy tale.
5. Why does Roland decide to help the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis?
(a) Because he owes Pere Callahan a favor.
(b) Because he and his ka-tet are obligated to help them because of the way of the house of Eld.
(c) Because he believes that helping the people of the village will get the ka-tet to the Dark Tower faster.
(d) Because he wants to find out who the Wolves really are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake consider the object he picks up in the vacant lot to be?
2. What does Eddie find peculiar about the stranger's name?
3. Where does Jake spend the night in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. If Roland's suspicions about his body are correct, what is he afraid of?
5. Who calls a meeting of the men in the community to suggest that the people of the community stand up and fight against the wolves the next time they come?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)