|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Todash: Chapter 6, The Way of the Eld, and Chapter 7, Todash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the contract say that the mobsters and the second-hand bookstore owner were reading ?
(a) That the mobsters have the right to take his bookstore because the storeowner owes money to the mobsters' boss.
(b) That the storeowner must sell his bookstore to the mobsters because he owes them money for a horseracing debt that he lost.
(c) It's a rental agreement, and the storeowner must pay his rent to the mobsters immediately because it's past due.
(d) That a certain company gets the first rights to purchase a certain empty lot one year after they signed the agreement.
2. Out of the others that come with the stranger, why does the large landowner dominate the conversation and ask so many questions?
(a) Because he believes the sacrifice of the village's children will bring them all a bountiful harvest, and he does not want anyone to interfere with the Wolves.
(b) Because he believes the Wolves mean the village no harm.
(c) Because he does not think Roland is really a gunslinger from the house of Eld, as he claims.
(d) Because he does not trust Roland and his ka-tet.
3. What is more common in the Callas than anywhere else?
(a) Babies with black hair and black eyes.
(b) Twin births.
(c) Singleton births.
(d) Babies with blonde hair and green eyes.
4. What does Susannah see at the vacant lot that frightens her?
(a) The mobsters from the second-hand bookstore.
(b) The Wolves.
(c) People that look like they are dead.
(d) The demon she had to distract so that Roland could save Jake.
5. What is the community's response to the idea of fighting the Wolves?
(a) The women are prepared to fight, but the men do not want to risk retaliation from the Wolves.
(b) The community members decide to draft a treaty and offer a peaceful, diplomatic resolution to the Wolves.
(c) All at the meeting are eager to stand up against the Wolves.
(d) They do not want to fight because they are afraid of the repercussions from the Wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Dark Tower?
2. When Susannah stares at the clock, what does she suddenly realize?
3. Who calls a meeting of the men in the community to suggest that the people of the community stand up and fight against the wolves the next time they come?
4. With whom is the second-hand bookstore owner in trouble?
5. What is different about the bowling alley's name?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)