|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Telling Tales: Chapter 4, The Priest's Tale Continued (Highways in Hiding), Chapter 5, The Tale of Gray Dick, and Chapter 6, Gran-Pere's Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Eisenhart do with her group?
(a) She upholds and decides the village's laws and settles disputes between villagers.
(b) She bakes bread from the wheat she grows and then gives it away to the villagers during church on Sundays.
(c) She practices throwing plates.
(d) She teaches the young girls to sew.
2. What is peculiar about the author of Charlie and the Choo-Choo?
(a) They know who the author is.
(b) They don't know who the author is.
(c) That the author's name has changed and that the new name contains nineteen letters.
(d) There is no author's name on the book anymore.
3. While Callahan is living in New Jersey, what does he notice about his surroundings?
(a) That day and night are reversed.
(b) That he is sleeping too much.
(c) That he is an alcoholic.
(d) That worlds shift around him.
4. At the beginning of Part 2, where do Roland and his ka-tet ride?
(a) To Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(b) To Candleton.
(d) To Manhattan.
5. What does the contract say that the mobsters and the second-hand bookstore owner were reading ?
(a) That the storeowner must sell his bookstore to the mobsters because he owes them money for a horseracing debt that he lost.
(b) That the mobsters have the right to take his bookstore because the storeowner owes money to the mobsters' boss.
(c) That a certain company gets the first rights to purchase a certain empty lot one year after they signed the agreement.
(d) It's a rental agreement, and the storeowner must pay his rent to the mobsters immediately because it's past due.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eddie think that there is a reason he and Jake traveled to the bookstore?
2. Roland does not tell anyone in the ka-tet what he knows about Mia because _______________.
3. When he asks, what description of the Wolves does Roland get?
4. Why does Jake pick the object up off of the ground in the vacant lot?
5. When Roland wakes the morning after his arrival at the village, what does he notice immediately?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)