|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Telling Tales: Chapter 4, The Priest's Tale Continued (Highways in Hiding), Chapter 5, The Tale of Gray Dick, and Chapter 6, Gran-Pere's Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what object does Callahan show Roland?
(a) Black Thirteen.
(b) The rose from the vacant lot.
(c) A pistol.
(d) The Wizard and Glass.
2. What makes Roland suspect something is troubling Susannah?
(a) Because she cries all of the time.
(b) Because she has been wandering during the night.
(c) Because she won't talk to anyone.
(d) Because she looks ill.
3. After he visits with Callahan in Part 2, Chapter 4, where does Roland go?
(a) To see Tia.
(b) To Eisenhart's ranch.
(c) To see Susannah and Eddie.
(d) To see Rosalita.
4. What does the contract say that the mobsters and the second-hand bookstore owner were reading ?
(a) That the storeowner must sell his bookstore to the mobsters because he owes them money for a horseracing debt that he lost.
(b) That a certain company gets the first rights to purchase a certain empty lot one year after they signed the agreement.
(c) That the mobsters have the right to take his bookstore because the storeowner owes money to the mobsters' boss.
(d) It's a rental agreement, and the storeowner must pay his rent to the mobsters immediately because it's past due.
5. Why is the second-hand bookstore so important?
(a) Jake bought some books there in his previous life that proved useful to Roland and the ka-tet during their journeys.
(b) The owner is Jake's father.
(c) The bookstore building is the Dark Tower.
(d) The owner is the Dark Tower's innkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Mrs. Eisenhart inspire in Roland?
2. What happens when Eddie asks Andy about the Wolves?
3. When the ka-tet travel back with the group from the Calla to their camp for lunch, who is cooking the meal?
4. Why is throwing the plates so important?
5. Why is the vacant lot important?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)