|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Telling Tales: Chapter 4, The Priest's Tale Continued (Highways in Hiding), Chapter 5, The Tale of Gray Dick, and Chapter 6, Gran-Pere's Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is peculiar about the author of Charlie and the Choo-Choo?
(a) They don't know who the author is.
(b) That the author's name has changed and that the new name contains nineteen letters.
(c) There is no author's name on the book anymore.
(d) They know who the author is.
2. What does Andy know that the rest of the community doesn't know?
(a) When it will rain.
(b) When the Wolves are coming.
(c) How to time travel.
(d) Where the Dark Tower is.
3. Why does Eddie start to read the paperwork the group is discussing in the storeroom?
(a) Eddie wants to learn how to read.
(b) Eddie believes it has something to do with why he and Jake arrived at the store.
(c) The storeowner can't read the paperwork.
(d) Eddie is nosy.
4. Sitting around the camp, Eddie and Jake explain what to Roland?
(a) Their travels to the other world.
(b) That they don't want to be part of Roland's ka-tet any longer.
(c) What they think the ka-tet should do next.
(d) Their feelings about the journey.
5. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3, when Roland wakes, he finds ___________________.
(a) Eddie reading a book.
(b) Jake telling a story.
(c) Susannah walking to a swamp.
(d) Andy cooking breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the second-hand bookstore so important?
2. When the ka-tet travel back with the group from the Calla to their camp for lunch, who is cooking the meal?
3. What is different about the bowling alley's name?
4. What is the object Jake picks up off the ground by the vacant lot?
5. What does Eddie hear when he and Jake are in the office of the bookstore, after Eddie begins to read the paperwork?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)