|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabelle's mother give Toby to eat in the morning in Chapter 21?
2. What animal does Annabelle think of when Betty is rescued and laid in the back of the constable's truck?
3. Where does Toby say that he is living in Chapter 20?
4. What type of coat is Constable Oleska wearing at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. Which of Betty's family members come in Chapter 18, when they learn she is missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annabelle persuade Toby to do in Chapter 17?
2. What is one way that Annabelle assists the war effort?
3. What picture seems suspicious in the latest batch of photos taken by Toby?
4. What did Trooper Coleman say that he learned from Andy in Chapter 18?
5. Why did Annabelle have her hair cut short?
6. What did Andy have to say about Betty when he talked with the Constable?
7. What is in the cellar of Annabelle's house?
8. Why were the bloodhounds in Waynesburg?
9. How does Annabelle describe her family's barn in Chapter 14?
10. What awakens Annabelle and her family at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Annabelle has to confront some adult situations. What are some of these situations? Why are they so difficult for her to deal with? How do these situations help her grow?
Essay Topic 2
Toby’s death affects Annabelle. Why is Annabelle so upset about his death? Why does his death bother her more than Betty’s death has? What conclusions does Annabelle reach about his death?
Essay Topic 3
Many people believe that Toby is responsible for Betty’s disappearance. Why are most people so sure that Toby is responsible for her disappearance?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)