|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tony attach his photos to the walls of his shack?
2. In Chapter 14, what is the name of the horse that startles Annabelle in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 18, how long had a little boy been stuck in a game trap in an old coal mine shaft?
4. Whose car is in the driveway at Annabelle's house in Chapter 18?
5. What is Toby's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annabelle persuade Toby to do in Chapter 17?
2. What does Toby tell about himself in Chapter 20 when Annabelle's mother asks about him?
3. What does Annabelle's mother make everyone do after it is revealed that Jordan is really Toby?
4. Why were the bloodhounds in Waynesburg?
5. What do the men see when they find Betty in the well?
6. How does Annabelle describe the state trooper?
7. What awakens Annabelle and her family at the beginning of Chapter 12?
8. How does Annabelle describe her family's barn in Chapter 14?
9. What picture seems suspicious in the latest batch of photos taken by Toby?
10. How does Annabelle describe the Turtle Stone and the area where it is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many people believe that Toby is responsible for Betty’s disappearance. Why are most people so sure that Toby is responsible for her disappearance?
Essay Topic 2
The novel takes place in Wolf Hollow Pennsylvania. What role does the setting take in the novel? How does the setting advance the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Annabelle has to confront some adult situations. What are some of these situations? Why are they so difficult for her to deal with? How do these situations help her grow?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)