|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of barn does Annabelle's family have?
2. In Chapter 14, where does Toby say he stayed until the rain let up?
3. Whose car is in the driveway at Annabelle's house in Chapter 18?
4. Which of Betty's family members come in Chapter 18, when they learn she is missing?
5. What does Annabelle pick at the beginning of Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Trooper Coleman say that he learned from Andy in Chapter 18?
2. How does Betty say that she fell in the well?
3. Where does Annabelle go in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 14, where does Toby say that he has been?
5. What are Betty's injuries when she is freed from the well?
6. What is one way that Annabelle assists the war effort?
7. In Chapter 19, where does Annabelle tell her father that Betty might be?
8. What does Annabelle gather to take to Toby in Chapter 16?
9. What does Annabelle persuade Toby to do in Chapter 17?
10. What awakens Annabelle and her family at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Annabelle’s parents shelter Toby. How have Annabelle’s parents felt about Toby and the type of person they believed him to be? Why do they then shelter him when there a manhunt for him?
Essay Topic 2
Toby is kind to Annabelle. In what ways is Toby kind to Annabelle? How does his kindness make him a target for Betty?
Essay Topic 3
Henry begins to see his sister and life as they really are in the novel. How do the situations and events in the book affect Henry? How do they help him to mature and see his sister and life as they really are?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)