|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what is Annabelle to fetch from the cellar after peeling potatoes?
(a) Jar of peaches.
(b) Jar of applesauce.
(c) Jar of pie filling.
(d) Jar of green beans.
2. What type of coat is Constable Oleska wearing at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Uniform jacket.
(b) Jean jacket.
(c) Black raincoat.
(d) Trench coat.
3. When Annabelle brings food for Toby in Chapter 15, what does food does Toby share with her?
(a) Roll and jam.
4. What is Toby's real name?
(a) Tobias Jordan.
(b) Jordan Taylor.
(c) Tobin Chase.
(d) Peter Jordan.
5. What type of coat does Annabelle grab from the closet in Chapter 18?
(a) Wool plaid hunting coat.
(b) Black rain slicker.
(c) Navy wool coat.
(d) Green pea coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Annabelle's family traded for at Andy's farm?
2. In Chapter 14, where does Toby say he was when the Constable was looking for him?
3. What body part might Betty lose?
4. What does Annabelle pick at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 14, what is the name of the horse that startles Annabelle in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Annabelle have her hair cut short?
2. What awakens Annabelle and her family at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. What do the men see when they find Betty in the well?
4. Why do James and Henry think that Toby has been hiding in their barn?
5. Who are the men who come with Annabelle's father in Chapter 18?
6. Why were the bloodhounds in Waynesburg?
7. What did Andy have to say about Betty when he talked with the Constable?
8. What does Annabelle's mother make everyone do after it is revealed that Jordan is really Toby?
9. What did Trooper Coleman say that he learned from Andy in Chapter 18?
10. What picture seems suspicious in the latest batch of photos taken by Toby?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)