|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Annabelle's brothers do at recess in Chapter 8?
(a) Make a fort.
(b) Play marbles.
(c) Play Red Rover.
(d) Make mud pies and throw rocks.
2. In Chapter 8, what do Annabelle and some of the other girls make at recess?
(a) Daisy crowns.
(b) Grass crowns.
(c) Daisy chains.
(d) Grass chains.
3. When Annabelle was seven, where did her mother take her and her brothers to have their picture taken?
4. What is the name of the boy sitting in Betty's seat in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 5, what reason does Annabelle give for wanting to walk to school with her brothers?
(a) She saw a scary dog the day before.
(b) She saw a wolf the day before.
(c) She saw a strange man the day before.
(d) She saw a snake the day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Mrs. Taylor drive?
2. What does Annabelle's mother give Ruth in Chapter 9?
3. What does Annabelle draw during the sermon in Chapter 10?
4. How old is Betty?
5. What is wrong with Betty's grandmother in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Constable Oleska waiting outside church in Chapter 10?
2. What happens to Ruth during recess in Chapter 7?
3. How does Annabelle describe her aunt Lily?
4. In Chapter 11, what do the children do during recess?
5. How has Toby helped Annabelle's family?
6. In Chapter 1, what things does Annabelle have in her room?
7. Why might Annabelle's family be considered rich?
8. Why does Mrs. Taylor not think that Betty was in the school belfry looking out the window when Ruth was hit with a rock?
9. How does Annabelle's mother help Betty after Betty gets into poison ivy?
10. What is Betty doing when Annabelle sees her on the path in Chapter 6?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)