|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did Annabelle say that Toby borrowed from her family?
(c) Tin cup.
2. How does Annabelle get home from school at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Her family's truck.
(b) Mrs. Taylor's car.
(d) Mr. Ansel's wagon.
3. What day of the week is it in Chapter 11?
4. What is Betty wearing at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Green dress.
(b) Gingham dress and blue sweater.
(c) Plaid dress and pink sweater.
(d) Yellow dress.
5. What does Annabelle have for supper in Chapter 4?
(a) Chicken and dumplings.
(b) Fried chicken, potatoes, and slaw.
(c) Stew and bread.
(d) Chops, potatoes, and slaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annabelle was seven, where did her mother take her and her brothers to have their picture taken?
2. What do Annabelle and her mother pick after tending to Betty in Chapter 6?
3. What type of car does Mrs. Taylor drive?
4. When does Betty arrive at Annabelle's school?
5. How old was Annabelle's mother when Annabelle was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Betty doing when Annabelle sees her on the path in Chapter 6?
2. Why is Constable Oleska waiting outside church in Chapter 10?
3. How does Annabelle's mother help Betty after Betty gets into poison ivy?
4. In Chapter 11, what do the children do during recess?
5. Why do Annabelle's family prune spruces in Chapter 9, and how do her brothers help?
6. How does Annabelle describe her aunt Lily?
7. What happens to Ruth during recess in Chapter 7?
8. Why does Annabelle not tell her mother about Betty's threats in Chapter 4?
9. Why does Mrs. Taylor not think that Betty was in the school belfry looking out the window when Ruth was hit with a rock?
10. Who is Betty Glengarry?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)