|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Toby help Annabelle's family harvest when her father hurt his back?
2. What does Annabelle like to play with her grandmother on the porch swing?
(a) I Spy.
(b) Fly Away.
3. How long has the farmhouse where Annabelle lives been in her family?
(a) 90 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 110 years.
(d) 125 years.
4. In the Prologue, how old is Annabelle when she learns to lie?
5. What does Annabelle have for supper in Chapter 4?
(a) Fried chicken, potatoes, and slaw.
(b) Chicken and dumplings.
(c) Chops, potatoes, and slaw.
(d) Stew and bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the phone operator in Chapter 11?
2. How many students are at Annabelle's school in Chapter 1?
3. What type of shoes does Annabelle's mother wear in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 8, what permanent injury does Ruth have?
5. What is Aunt Lily's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Toby?
2. Why does Annabelle's mother think that the rock was meant to hit Mr. Ansel?
3. Why will Ruth not go back to school with Annabelle?
4. What happens to James as he walks home in Chapter 8?
5. What happens to Annabelle's china piggy bank?
6. What happens to Ruth during recess in Chapter 7?
7. How does Annabelle's mother help Betty after Betty gets into poison ivy?
8. What is Betty doing when Annabelle sees her on the path in Chapter 6?
9. Why does Annabelle's life begin to spin in the autumn of 1943?
10. How does Annabelle describe her aunt Lily?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)