|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part might Betty lose?
2. In Chapter 18, how long had a little boy been stuck in a game trap in an old coal mine shaft?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) One and a half days.
(d) Three days.
3. How does Betty say that she got in the well?
(a) She fell.
(b) Toby pushed her.
(c) Andy pushed her.
(d) She jumped in to get something and couldn't get out.
4. What is Toby wrapped in at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Thin blanket.
(b) Army blanket.
(c) Old quilt.
(d) Dressing gown.
5. What is Constable Oleska eating for breakfast at Annabelle's house in Chapter 13?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(b) Pancakes and eggs.
(c) Sausage and waffles.
(d) Eggs and sausage.
6. What does Mr. Earl do?
7. When Annabelle brings food for Toby in Chapter 15, what does food does Toby share with her?
(d) Roll and jam.
8. What animal does Annabelle think of when Betty is rescued and laid in the back of the constable's truck?
9. How far down is Betty when she is found?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 25 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
10. What do James and Henry find in the loft in Chapter 22?
(a) Toby's guns.
(b) Toby's hair.
(c) Toby's coat.
(d) Toby's hat and camera.
11. In Chapter 13, where did Constable Oleska say that Andy said that he and Betty planned to meet?
(a) Toby's shed.
(b) Andy's barn.
(c) Turtle Stone.
(d) Betty's chicken coop.
12. In Chapter 19, what does Toby say that his name is?
13. How did Tony attach his photos to the walls of his shack?
(c) Thumb tacks.
(d) Pine sap.
14. Where is the constable bringing bloodhounds from?
(c) New Castle.
(d) Cranberry Township.
15. In Chapter 14, where does Toby say he stayed until the rain let up?
(a) In a cave.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) Turner's barn.
(d) In a hollow log.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annabelle tell her father and the others to look for Betty in Chapter 19?
2. What does Mr. Jim do?
3. How many rooms are in Annabelle's cellar?
4. What does Annabelle's mother serve for dessert in Chapter 20?
5. In Chapter 18, how many men come home with Annabelle's father?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)