|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Constable Oleska eating for breakfast at Annabelle's house in Chapter 13?
(a) Pancakes and eggs.
(b) Biscuits and gravy.
(c) Eggs and sausage.
(d) Sausage and waffles.
2. In Chapter 16, what does Annabelle say is her worst chore?
(a) Feeding the calves.
(b) Gathering eggs.
(c) Plucking a chicken.
(d) Feeding the chickens.
3. What chore does Annabelle's mother give her when she comes inside at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) Prepare potatoes.
(b) Shape rolls.
(c) Make a salad.
(d) Bake cookies.
4. Why did Andy not meet Betty as he had planned, according to what Constable Oleska said in Chapter 13?
(a) He had to milk the cows.
(b) He had to fix a fence.
(c) He had to plow a field.
(d) He had to clean the barn.
5. In Chapter 18, what is Annabelle to fetch from the cellar after peeling potatoes?
(a) Jar of applesauce.
(b) Jar of peaches.
(c) Jar of green beans.
(d) Jar of pie filling.
6. What body part might Betty lose?
7. What animal does Annabelle think of when Betty is rescued and laid in the back of the constable's truck?
8. When Constable Oleska talked to Andy about Betty, what did Andy say they planned to do?
(a) Hang out in his barn.
(b) Skip school and go to a movie.
(c) Skip school and tramp around the farms.
(d) Hang out in an outbuilding at her grandparents' place.
9. What is Toby wrapped in at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Army blanket.
(b) Thin blanket.
(c) Old quilt.
(d) Dressing gown.
10. What is Annabelle's mother doing in Chapter 15, when Annabelle lies and says that she is going to pick more milkweed?
(a) Changing sheets.
(b) Doing laundry.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Making applesauce.
11. How does Betty say that she got in the well?
(a) Toby pushed her.
(b) She fell.
(c) Andy pushed her.
(d) She jumped in to get something and couldn't get out.
12. How many of the guns that Toby has carried throughout the years work?
13. When Constable Oleska learned that Betty was mixing, what was the first place he went?
(a) The school.
(b) Toby's place.
(c) The highway.
(d) The church.
14. What colors are Toby and Annabelle wearing in Chapter 14 when she leads Toby away from his shack?
(a) Cream and brown.
(d) Brown and black.
15. What are Annabelle's grandparents' names?
(a) Robert and Anna.
(b) Daniel and Mary.
(c) Tyler and Claire.
(d) David and Bridget.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do James and Henry find in the loft in Chapter 22?
2. What does Toby say he does for a living in Chapter 20?
3. Where does Annabelle find Toby in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 14, what does Toby say Turner gave him in trade?
5. What type of trees surround the Turtle Stone?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)