|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the phone operator in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Phillips.
(b) Mrs. Gribble.
(c) Mrs. Fritz.
(d) Mrs. Watkins.
2. In Chapter 5, what reason does Annabelle give for wanting to walk to school with her brothers?
(a) She saw a snake the day before.
(b) She saw a strange man the day before.
(c) She saw a wolf the day before.
(d) She saw a scary dog the day before.
3. What war is Annabelle studying in Chapter 11?
(c) World War I.
4. How many students are at Annabelle's school in Chapter 1?
(b) About 35.
(d) Nearly 40.
5. What is Mr. Ansel's racial heritage?
6. What do Annabelle and her father pick on the way home at the end of Chapter 8?
7. What day of the week is it at the beginning of Chapter 9?
8. What does Annabelle have for supper in Chapter 4?
(a) Chicken and dumplings.
(b) Stew and bread.
(c) Chops, potatoes, and slaw.
(d) Fried chicken, potatoes, and slaw.
9. What does Betty have on her lap when Annabelle runs into her and her brothers in Chapter 6?
10. What does Ruth's father do for a living?
11. What do Annabelle and her mother pick after tending to Betty in Chapter 6?
12. What causes James to get hurt in Chapter 8?
(a) A wire on the path.
(b) Tripping on a log.
(c) Betty hitting him with a stick.
(d) A rock thrown at him.
13. What type of coat does Toby wear?
(a) Denim jacket.
(b) Black raincoat.
(c) Black oilcloth.
(d) Black wool.
14. In Chapter 4, what does Annabelle say surprises her sometimes on the hilltop as she walks to school?
(a) Aunt Lily.
(c) Stray dog.
15. What color is Toby's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabelle's mother pick to help Betty with a rash in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 6, how many days does Betty seem to ignore Annabelle?
3. How old was Annabelle's mother when she got married?
4. What day of the week is it in Chapter 11?
5. When did Annabelle's aunt Lily give her a china piggy bank?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)