|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color mums are on the church altar in Chapter 10?
(a) Purple and yellow.
(b) Brown and yellow.
(c) Red and yellow.
(d) White and yellow.
2. After the altercation in Chapter 6 with Toby, what type of plant life does Betty climb out of?
(a) Poison ivy.
(b) Poison hemlock.
(c) Poison oak.
(d) Poison sumac.
3. What does Annabelle have for supper in Chapter 4?
(a) Fried chicken, potatoes, and slaw.
(b) Chops, potatoes, and slaw.
(c) Chicken and dumplings.
(d) Stew and bread.
4. What does Ruth's father do for a living?
5. Where is Ruth going to move in Chapter 9?
(c) Franklin Park.
6. What causes James to get hurt in Chapter 8?
(a) Tripping on a log.
(b) Betty hitting him with a stick.
(c) A wire on the path.
(d) A rock thrown at him.
7. How often does Annabelle's mother tell Mrs. Glengarry to give Betty the treatment she brought?
(a) Every half an hour.
(b) Every hour and a half.
(c) Every hour.
(d) Every two hours.
8. What does Annabelle draw during the sermon in Chapter 10?
9. In Chapter 3, what is the name of the man who circles the hills endlessly?
10. What does Toby give Annabelle in Chapter 5?
(a) A flower.
(b) A penny.
(c) A photograph.
(d) An empty pie tin.
11. What is wrong with Betty's grandmother in Chapter 6?
(b) Food poisoning.
12. In Chapter 5, what reason does Annabelle give for wanting to walk to school with her brothers?
(a) She saw a strange man the day before.
(b) She saw a scary dog the day before.
(c) She saw a snake the day before.
(d) She saw a wolf the day before.
13. What is Betty wearing at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Plaid dress and pink sweater.
(b) Gingham dress and blue sweater.
(c) Green dress.
(d) Yellow dress.
14. What do Annabelle and her father pick on the way home at the end of Chapter 8?
15. When Annabelle was seven, where did her mother take her and her brothers to have their picture taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Annabelle's mother in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Toby live?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What is Mr. Ansel's racial heritage?
5. What do Annabelle and her family have for dessert after Sunday dinner in Chapter 10?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)