|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color window is at Annabelle's house?
2. What is Mr. Ansel's racial heritage?
3. What color eye patch does Ruth wear in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 6, how many days does Betty seem to ignore Annabelle?
(b) About a week.
(d) A few.
5. What type of coat does Toby wear?
(a) Black oilcloth.
(b) Denim jacket.
(c) Black raincoat.
(d) Black wool.
6. What did Toby help Annabelle's family harvest when her father hurt his back?
7. What does Annabelle's mother pick to help Betty with a rash in Chapter 6?
(c) Willow bark.
8. In Chapter 8, what do Annabelle and some of the other girls make at recess?
(a) Grass crowns.
(b) Daisy chains.
(c) Daisy crowns.
(d) Grass chains.
9. What does Annabelle sometimes listen to on the phonograph with her aunt Lily?
(a) Danse Macabre.
(b) Rhapsody in Blue.
(c) Nutcracker Suite.
(d) Peter and the Wolf.
10. In Chapter 9, where does Annabelle's father plan to take James and Henry?
(a) To clean the barn.
(b) To pick weeds.
(c) To harvest corn.
(d) To prune trees.
11. What causes James to get hurt in Chapter 8?
(a) Betty hitting him with a stick.
(b) A wire on the path.
(c) Tripping on a log.
(d) A rock thrown at him.
12. What is known about Toby?
(a) He was a widower.
(b) He left his wife.
(c) He was in the cavalry against the Germans in France.
(d) He was a foot soldier against the Germans in France.
13. What do Annabelle and her family have for dessert after Sunday dinner in Chapter 10?
(a) Pumpkin pie.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Blueberry cobbler.
(d) Homemade ice cream.
14. Who gives up her desk for Betty in Chapter 1?
15. What does Annabelle's mother give Ruth in Chapter 9?
(a) Butterscotch drops.
(b) Molasses drops.
(c) Black licorice.
(d) Red licorice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Annabelle's family eat at Lancaster's?
2. What does Annabelle like to play with her grandmother on the porch swing?
3. Where was Betty when Ruth was hurt?
4. In Chapter 8, what permanent injury does Ruth have?
5. How old was Annabelle's mother when she got married?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)