Prologue - Chapter 5
• In the Prologue, Annabelle McBride explains how 1943 was a pivotal year for her.
• It was the year she turned 12, and the year she learned to tell lies based upon fears she had.
• Between World War II and a disagreeable new girl who came to town, Annabelle’s normal life spun out of control.
• During that year, Annabelle also learned that actions mattered.
• In 1943, Annabelle accidentally breaks her piggy bank attempting to get a penny out.
• She buries the pieces of the bank, and she hides the coins.
• Her mother asks Annabelle about the piggy bank, because her mother thinks Annabelle hid the bank to prevent theft.
• Three generations of Annabelle’s family live on a farm in Wolf Hollow, Pennsylvania.
• This includes Annabelle, her parents, her two brothers, her grandparents, and her Aunt Lily.
• The area got its name because of the pits that were...
This section contains 3,382 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)