|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through That Same Day, May 17, 1822.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randolph believe should happen to all slaves?
(a) They should be taught their places.
(b) They should be freed.
(c) They should remain slaves.
(d) They should be allowed to choose where they live.
2. What is Harriet afraid Beverly may never do?
(a) Take his freedom and leave the plantation.
(b) Get married.
(c) Tell Jefferson he knows who his father is.
(d) Grow old.
3. In April 1820, after speaking with Mammy Ursula, how long is it before Harriet gets a chance to look for Sally's secret room?
(a) One day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
4. Why does Thruston believe a white man may have impure intentions toward Harriet?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) She would have lovely children.
(c) She could work hard in the fields.
(d) She would be valuable if sold.
5. Whose offer to take the tea tray to Jefferson in December 1819 does Harriet refuse?
(c) Mammy Ursula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sally tell Harriet is none of her concern in May 1820, Two Days Later?
2. What did Harriet want to ask God when she was a small child?
3. What does Sally remind Harriet to do when she sees Randolph in April 1820?
4. When Harriet was a small child, what did she ask her mother to ask God to do if he came while she was out?
5. After Harriet is attacked, who does Randolph send to get Sally?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)