|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through That Same Day, May 17, 1822.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Randolph always behaved toward Harriet?
(a) He completely ignores her.
(b) He is polite and kind to her.
(c) He flirts with her.
(d) He belittles her.
2. Where does Jefferson wait to meet Harriet in The Third Week of May 1820?
(a) Under the seven day clock.
(b) Mammy Ursula's cabin.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. According to Mammy, how did everyone know about Harriet's plans?
(a) Sally told everyone.
(b) Her studies.
(c) Jefferson made an announcement.
(d) Thruston told everyone.
4. In July 1820, why does Harriet say she is worried about Beverly?
(a) He says he's going to kill Jefferson.
(b) He isn't educated enough to be free.
(c) He is always angry.
(d) He seems ill.
5. When Harriet was a small child, what did she ask her mother to ask God to do if he came while she was out?
(a) Make her free.
(b) Bless her family.
(d) Give her a puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jefferson ask Harriet if she's having a romance with in April 1820?
2. According to Mammy Ursula, why didn't Sally take her freedom when it was offered?
3. While she sits in the kitchen, who tells Harriet that she will most likely be sold when Jefferson dies if she remains at Monticello?
4. When Beverly decides to leave the plantation, how does he leave?
5. In April 1820, That Same Day, what does Mammy Ursula ask Harriet to have Beverly do?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)