|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through That Same Day, May 17, 1822.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What office does Randolph hold?
(a) Governor of Virginia.
(c) President of the United States.
2. What does Sally say will eat Beverly up if he stays at Monticello?
(a) The hard work.
(b) His anger.
(c) His guilt.
(d) A bear.
3. What job does Harriet tell Mammy she will have when she leaves?
4. What do Harriet, Eston, and Madison do together while she tells them about accepting her freedom?
(a) Pick raspberries.
(b) Pick tomatoes.
(c) Go horseback riding.
(d) Sit on a bench.
5. Who is married and doing well according to Sally in The Third Week of May 1820?
(c) Sally's sister.
(d) Harriet's older sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harriet was a small child, what did she ask her mother to ask God to do if he came while she was out?
2. Who does Bankhead threaten to kill?
3. Why does Bankhead go over by the fireplace after he attacks Harriet?
4. Why does Randolph tell Harriet to show the letter he sends her to Martha?
5. In October 1821, what concern does Harriet express about passing for white?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)