|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhea ask Sheemia to give to Cordelia?
2. What does Cordelia throw at Susan?
3. What does Roland tell his friends it is now time to be?
4. What color does Walter like to wear?
5. What do the gunslingers use the fireworks for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the novel? How does Stephen King develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 2
Compare King's mid-earth to our own world.
1. What are the differences between mid-earth and earth?
2. How does King create a fantasy wile still allowing the readers to connect with it and its inhabitants?
3. How do you think you would survive in mid-earth?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)