|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the woman's first name?
2. Dallas commends the cop's family member for which of the following?
3. What is a powerful motivation for murder?
4. What is the motto of the New York Police and Security Department?
5. What is the subject of the argument between Peabody and Dallas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the interaction between Peabody and Dallas while they are waiting to hear information on Trueheart's condition?
2. What about the conversation upsets Eve?
3. What are Roarke and McNab up to in Eve's home office? What topics are discussed?
4. The next scene involves Anja and Stiles. Where do they meet? What had Stiles lied about?
5. Discuss Peabody's evening out on the town with Charles. What upsets Peabody?
6. What is Mavis' purpose for being at Dallas and Roarke's house? What is she doing when they arrive home? What is Eve's reaction?
7. What non-factual information does Mira believe Eve needs to take into account regarding the case?
8. What news is given to Nadine when she arrives at the house? What is her reaction?
9. What vital piece of information is uncovered by Roarke regarding the case?
10. How did Stiles use his skills to avoid police detection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Areena Mansfield drugged Linus Quim. After Quim was docile, Areena forced him to write a note of confession and then hang himself. Examine Areena's plan. Would the plan actually work? What drug was used to incapacitate Quim? Does the drug really exist? What is its medicinal purpose? What was it used for in the story? Are the effects of the drug accurate as portrayed in the story? Can the drug kill someone? How does it override a person's sense of survival? How else might Areena have killed Quim while making it look like a suicide?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas feels responsible for Trueheart's injuries. Peabody becomes angry with Dallas when the Lieutenant blames herself for Trueheart's injuries and attempts to take blame. Examine Peabody's outrage. Is Peabody correct in chastising Dallas for her feelings and comments? Was it Dallas' fault? Was Peabody's argument valid? How does Dallas respond to Peabody? Is it anybody's fault if a cop is injured in the line of duty? How could the incident have been prevented? Would anyone be charged in the shooting of Officer Trueheart? Examine the motto "To Protect and Serve" as it applies to this scenario.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Richard Draco. What types of things would Draco be most proud of in his career? What other types of professional work might Draco have done other than stage work? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with Areena, Carly, Nadine and others? What would Draco say? Would Draco have any idea that he might be murdered for his actions?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)