|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Anja from?
2. What type of event is attended by Dallas and Roarke?
3. Dallas commends the cop's family member for which of the following?
4. Which character will it be necessary for Dallas to speak to in order to get a clear picture?
5. How long had Trueheart been waiting out in the cold when Dallas arrived at Stiles' apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discussed during Eve's meeting with Mira regarding the case?
2. Who else was involved in the information regarding Draco and the play?
3. What is Carly's outlook on the facts surrounding her adoption?
4. What interesting information does Eve learn about Michael Proctor's mother?
5. What are Roarke and McNab up to in Eve's home office? What topics are discussed?
6. Chapter ten begins with another character pondering various elements of the case. Who is the character and what is s/he thinking about?
7. What is Mavis' purpose for being at Dallas and Roarke's house? What is she doing when they arrive home? What is Eve's reaction?
8. What happens when Peabody confronts Dallas at the home office?
9. How did Stiles use his skills to avoid police detection?
10. Explain the scene between Dallas and Anja Carvell regarding Carly's parentage.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Areena Mansfield/Anja Carvell is the birth mother of Carly Landsdowne as well as Michael Proctor. While Carly was given up for adoption, Michael was not. What was the difference in the scenarios? What made Areena give up Carly but keep Michael? Compare and contrast the scenarios as well as the resulting parent/child relationships. How did the decisions ultimately affect each person? Could the relationships ever be repaired? Does anyone want to try to repair the relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Areena Mansfield drugged Linus Quim. After Quim was docile, Areena forced him to write a note of confession and then hang himself. Examine Areena's plan. Would the plan actually work? What drug was used to incapacitate Quim? Does the drug really exist? What is its medicinal purpose? What was it used for in the story? Are the effects of the drug accurate as portrayed in the story? Can the drug kill someone? How does it override a person's sense of survival? How else might Areena have killed Quim while making it look like a suicide?
Essay Topic 3
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Captain Stuart, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)