|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the victim killed?
2. What news does the reporter give to Eve that stuns the detective?
3. Who assaults Eve while trying to flee?
4. What is Eve examining when she is approached by a young woman?
5. The consultant tells Eve that the murderer is most likely an actor because of the use of which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the murder weapon and where is it found?
2. Who is the first person to be interviewed by Dallas? What part does the actress have in the play?
3. Who is the victim? How is he killed?
4. Who is the main character in the story, what does she do for a living, where does she work and when does the story take place?
5. What game do Eve and Roarke play after she finishes chastising him about giving information to Feeney? Who wins?
6. Who is the next murder victim? Where does the victim work? What does he do?
7. What event is Dallas at during the murder and what is her take on the event?
8. Why is Nadine worried about this matter? How could it affect Nadine's career and personal relationship with Eve?
9. How is the scene preserved for investigation? Who assists Dallas?
10. What is Peabody's snap judgment about Quim? How does Eve react? What confirms Eve's instinct?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roarke is a mysterious man with a shady past, married to the top homicide cop in the New York Police and Security Department. Examine Roarke's past. Compare and contrast Roarke's history with Eve's. How do they compare? Why doesn't Roarke have a first and last name? Where does he come from? How did he meet Eve? What is their relationship like? How did Roarke make his billions? How does the fact that Roarke is so rich help or hinder Eve's investigations?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the role of Linus Quim in the story. Write out Quim's part in the murder as well as his immediate plans. Use the same background information to rewrite Quim's story. What might have happened if Quim had not attempted to blackmail Areena? What if Eve had not known about or interviewed Jorgensen? Would Quim's death have been ruled a suicide? What other character might have been in the same position as Quim?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Nadine and Dallas. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the women respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Did Nadine's relationship with Draco help or hinder Eve's opinion? How did it affect the case?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)