|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eve discovers that Mansfield previously had a problem with what item?
2. What is the woman's first name?
3. McNab gets frustrated with Peabody when she does what?
4. What does Eve plan to visit after dinner has ended?
5. What is the surname of the reporter who calls Eve during the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the couple go after dinner? Why does Roarke accompany Eve on police business?
2. Where does Dallas meet with Nadine? What is the purpose of the meeting?
3. What else is discussed on a more personal level?
4. Who is Draco's understudy for the play? How does he feel about Draco?
5. Who does Dallas meet with in the beginning of Chapter 5? What information has been passed on without Eve's knowledge?
6. Why is Nadine worried about this matter? How could it affect Nadine's career and personal relationship with Eve?
7. Discuss the meeting between Quim and Draco's killer. What is the end result?
8. What is Peabody's snap judgment about Quim? How does Eve react? What confirms Eve's instinct?
9. Was Quim involved in the murder of Richard Draco? Does he have any inside information? Explain.
10. Where does the play take place? How is Dallas connected to the theater?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Richard Draco. What types of things would Draco be most proud of in his career? What other types of professional work might Draco have done other than stage work? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with Areena, Carly, Nadine and others? What would Draco say? Would Draco have any idea that he might be murdered for his actions?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Captain Stuart, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
Essay Topic 3
Roarke is a mysterious man with a shady past, married to the top homicide cop in the New York Police and Security Department. Examine Roarke's past. Compare and contrast Roarke's history with Eve's. How do they compare? Why doesn't Roarke have a first and last name? Where does he come from? How did he meet Eve? What is their relationship like? How did Roarke make his billions? How does the fact that Roarke is so rich help or hinder Eve's investigations?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)