|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The murder victim is killed using what weapon?
2. What is the head detective's rank?
3. What is the name of the doctor who helps Eve at the scene?
4. This character is what type of doctor?
5. What is the surname of the reporter who calls Eve during the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peabody's snap judgment about Quim? How does Eve react? What confirms Eve's instinct?
2. What game do Eve and Roarke play after she finishes chastising him about giving information to Feeney? Who wins?
3. Who is the victim? How is he killed?
4. Eve leaves her office to attend another meeting. Who is the meeting with and what is the purpose?
5. What else is discussed on a more personal level?
6. Who does Dallas meet with in the beginning of Chapter 5? What information has been passed on without Eve's knowledge?
7. What is the murder weapon and where is it found?
8. What is the crux of the murder case and who was the victim?
9. Who greets Eve when she arrives home? What is the relationship between this person and Eve?
10. What does Eve do when she arrives at work in the morning? What does she find in her office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dallas had frequent and violent nightmares about her father, being abused, and the hotel room in Dallas. Write an essay explaining Dallas' violent and traumatic childhood. What happened to Dallas' parents? Why was she so badly abused? Who ended up raising Dallas? What is the girl's real name? How did the experience change Eve? How did the circumstances affect her in the Draco-Quim case? Do you think Dallas was able to overcome her childhood traumas? Explain. How could she stop the nightmares?
Essay Topic 2
Roarke stays on the straight and narrow for the most part although he is willing to step over the line if it will help Eve and her murder investigations. How does Roarke assist? Does Eve know about the illegal activity? Does she approve? What is the "unregistered?" How does it aid the investigations? What are Roarke's specialties? Who else knows about Roarke's special skills? How do the other cops feel about Roarke? Has Roarke's place in Eve's life ever hindered her work? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Assuming Dr. Mira's point of view, analyze the situation between Areena and Draco. What would Mira say about Draco's incestuous relationship? Was Draco perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Draco have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)