|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character is what type of doctor?
2. How long did it take for the new item to arrive since it had been requested?
3. What is the abbreviation of the department where the lead detective works?
4. Who at Central is assigned to run background checks for Dallas?
5. What is the name of the venue mentioned in the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eve leaves her office to attend another meeting. Who is the meeting with and what is the purpose?
2. What is the collective opinion of Dallas and Peabody on the understudy's involvement in the murder?
3. What is the crux of the murder case and who was the victim?
4. What does Eve do when she arrives at work in the morning? What does she find in her office?
5. Who is the next murder victim? Where does the victim work? What does he do?
6. Who is the victim? How is he killed?
7. What is the general opinion of Draco?
8. What is the murder weapon and where is it found?
9. Discuss the meeting between Quim and Draco's killer. What is the end result?
10. Who is the first person to be interviewed by Dallas? What part does the actress have in the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Areena Mansfield drugged Linus Quim. After Quim was docile, Areena forced him to write a note of confession and then hang himself. Examine Areena's plan. Would the plan actually work? What drug was used to incapacitate Quim? Does the drug really exist? What is its medicinal purpose? What was it used for in the story? Are the effects of the drug accurate as portrayed in the story? Can the drug kill someone? How does it override a person's sense of survival? How else might Areena have killed Quim while making it look like a suicide?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas feels responsible for Trueheart's injuries. Peabody becomes angry with Dallas when the Lieutenant blames herself for Trueheart's injuries and attempts to take blame. Examine Peabody's outrage. Is Peabody correct in chastising Dallas for her feelings and comments? Was it Dallas' fault? Was Peabody's argument valid? How does Dallas respond to Peabody? Is it anybody's fault if a cop is injured in the line of duty? How could the incident have been prevented? Would anyone be charged in the shooting of Officer Trueheart? Examine the motto "To Protect and Serve" as it applies to this scenario.
Essay Topic 3
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Captain Stuart, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)