|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Roarke supply to Feeney regarding the case?
2. Whose apartment is visited by Dallas and Peabody in Chapter 8?
3. Which character lives in the same building as Draco?
4. What is Quim's first name?
5. This character is what type of doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eve's advice to Nadine? Will Nadine comply?
2. What about the play is shocking to Dallas?
3. What is the murder weapon and where is it found?
4. What is the crux of the murder case and who was the victim?
5. Who greets Eve when she arrives home? What is the relationship between this person and Eve?
6. Who is the victim? How is he killed?
7. What is the collective opinion of Dallas and Peabody on the understudy's involvement in the murder?
8. What game do Eve and Roarke play after she finishes chastising him about giving information to Feeney? Who wins?
9. Where does Dallas meet with Nadine? What is the purpose of the meeting?
10. Who calls Eve at Central asking for a meeting? What is the person's connection to the cop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Richard Draco. What types of things would Draco be most proud of in his career? What other types of professional work might Draco have done other than stage work? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with Areena, Carly, Nadine and others? What would Draco say? Would Draco have any idea that he might be murdered for his actions?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into WITNESS IN DEATH. Use the scenarios in "Witness for the Prosecution" plus the storyline in WITNESS IN DEATH for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? How does Roberts write differently from Agatha Christie? Compare the styles of the two authors and add in your own commentary and opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Dallas had frequent and violent nightmares about her father, being abused, and the hotel room in Dallas. Write an essay explaining Dallas' violent and traumatic childhood. What happened to Dallas' parents? Why was she so badly abused? Who ended up raising Dallas? What is the girl's real name? How did the experience change Eve? How did the circumstances affect her in the Draco-Quim case? Do you think Dallas was able to overcome her childhood traumas? Explain. How could she stop the nightmares?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)