|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who contacts John on his boat while he has Billy held captive?
2. What is the only thing John can tell Sandy and Sarah about operation Boxwood Green?
3. How long does John have to wait for helicopters to rescue him after he aborts operation Boxwood Green?
4. What is the name of Peter Henderson's acquaintance that tells him about operation Boxwood Green?
5. What is the name of the ship the marines in Boxwood Green use as a diversion in order to gain access onto land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of John's conversation with Hick's in regard to Boxwood Green?
2. What is the nature of the conversation between John and Irvin in regard to operation Plastic Flower?
3. How does the military use the USS Constellation as a diversion in operation Boxwood Green?
4. How do the police use Xantha to find the drug lab she was held in?
5. How does John plan on getting to land from the USS Ogden during Phase One of Boxwood Green?
6. What does Charon do inside the police evidence room in Chapter 36?
7. What does John do after riding the water sled to the Sender Green location?
8. How is Boxwood Green first described to the troops training for the mission?
9. How is Eddie Morello killed?
10. How have the conditions changed for the prisoners at Sender Green after operation Boxwood Green is botched?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the presence of treachery in the book. How is Zacharias' treachery different from Charon's? How does the author present treachery as something that is sometimes unavoidable or easily manipulated?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast John and Grishanov's interrogation techniques that are shown in the book. In what ways do these two enemies use similar tactics to get what they want? Does either character appear to be a better person in regard to the way they treat others? If so why?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's portrayal of the military. How does the author help put the reader into the military mindset, and what are we able to learn about the nature of this group based on their actions in the Boxwood Green mission?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)