|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days will John stay at Quantico before leaving for Vietnam for operation Boxwood Green?
2. Who tells Sandy that John killed a man named Rick?
3. Where does John have stopovers at on his way to Vietnam for operation Boxwood Green?
4. Complete the sentence from the narrator talking about John, "He was willing to kill others because of that _______, to risk everything for it".
5. What kind of truck had been noticed driving around Doris's neighborhood before her murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John do after riding the water sled to the Sender Green location?
2. How is the training center at Quantico for the Boxwood Green mission described?
3. How does the military use the USS Constellation as a diversion in operation Boxwood Green?
4. What is the nature of the conversation between John and Irvin in regard to operation Plastic Flower?
5. What is the nature of John's conversation with Hick's in regard to Boxwood Green?
6. How have the conditions changed for the prisoners at Sender Green after operation Boxwood Green is botched?
7. How is Boxwood Green first described to the troops training for the mission?
8. How do the police use Xantha to find the drug lab she was held in?
9. How is Ritter's meeting with the KGB resident agent at a zoo described?
10. What is the nature of Henry and Tony's meeting just after Doris's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author offers several examples of imprisonment throughout the book in both literal and figurative senses.
Part 1.) What can we learn about prisoners of war based on the portrayal of Zacharias and Sender Green in the book?
Part 2.) How does the author portray John as being in a prison within his own mind and what impact does this mentality have on his actions towards others?
Part 3.) What is different about the imprisonment faced by Pam and the other women held by Henry Tucker? How is this imprisonment more severe than the others?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast John and Grishanov's interrogation techniques that are shown in the book. In what ways do these two enemies use similar tactics to get what they want? Does either character appear to be a better person in regard to the way they treat others? If so why?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of trust portrayed in the book. Does John appear to trust anyone in his life, and what reasons does he have for feeling this way about others?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)