|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell Pam after she asks him how he feels about her having a drug problem?
2. What does John ask of Sandy when he runs into her in Chapter 12?
3. What hospital do Sam and Sarah work at?
4. What is Zacharias trained to give when captured and interrogated by the enemy?
5. What part of the military was John a part of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Admiral Maxwell's visit to John on Battery Island?
2. How does John act toward Sandy after running into her in Chapter 12?
3. Why is Frank Allen not allowed to question John in regard to Pam's death?
4. How is Zacharias's time as a prisoner of war first described in the book?
5. How does John begin to prepare for his operation with Maxwell using the files from operation Kingpin?
6. What does John do when he introduces himself to Pierre Lamarck?
7. What does Pam tell John she wishes to do for the women held captive by Henry Tucker?
8. How does John know Admiral Maxwell?
9. How is Oreza's drug bust on a boat described in Chapter 9?
10. How is John's SERE training described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's portrayal of the military. How does the author help put the reader into the military mindset, and what are we able to learn about the nature of this group based on their actions in the Boxwood Green mission?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of trust portrayed in the book. Does John appear to trust anyone in his life, and what reasons does he have for feeling this way about others?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of remorse is a significant part of the story and is even the subject of the book's title.
Part 1.) Does John appear to have any remorse for his actions towards Henry's drug thugs and enemies in war?
Part 2.) What correlation does being remorseful have in terms of acting with humanity? Does John lack the ability to be humane, or did he think he was helping the greater good by killing others?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)