|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John informed he will be sent if he doesn't agree to participate in Maxwell's operation?
2. What is Manuel Oreza's official title in his official capacity?
3. What is the name of John's nurse who he opens up to after Pam's death?
4. What is the name of the pimp John first kills in New Orleans?
5. What is the name of the man who Tony and Eddie work for and is their drug source?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pam tell John she wishes to do for the women held captive by Henry Tucker?
2. How is Zacharias's interrogation by Colonel Grishanov first described in the book?
3. Why does Angelo's murder upset Henry Tucker?
4. What does John do when he introduces himself to Pierre Lamarck?
5. How is Zacharias's time as a prisoner of war first described in the book?
6. How does the mortician in North Carolina aid in Henry Tucker's drug operation?
7. How does John know Admiral Maxwell?
8. How does Grishanov get Zacharias to drink vodka despite it being against his religion?
9. What do Billy and the other thugs do with Pam's body after killing her?
10. What does the drone first show Maxwell, Greer, and Podulski in regard to the prison Zacharias is being held?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the presence of treachery in the book. How is Zacharias' treachery different from Charon's? How does the author present treachery as something that is sometimes unavoidable or easily manipulated?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of violence in the book. How does violence play a dual role in with it sometimes appearing necessary for the greater good and other times being unnecessary and cruel?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of revenge is one that is explored through John's character.
Part 1.)What impact might the death of John's wife have on the way he takes revenge against Pam's killers? Does this make him react more severely than he might have otherwise?
Part 2.) What can we learn about the nature of John's character, namely his tendencies as a soldier, based on his acts of revenge?
Part 3.) What repercussions does John have to face because of his acts of revenge, and why does he appear to not worry about facing them?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)