|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the code name of the operation Maxwell's wishes John to go over and study before helping him in his operation?
2. What is the name of the shipyard mechanic that works on John's boat?
3. What is Zacharias trained to give when captured and interrogated by the enemy?
4. Where does John go to after being released from the hospital?
5. Which of the following men did not hold Pam captive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the drone first show Maxwell, Greer, and Podulski in regard to the prison Zacharias is being held?
2. How is Zacharias's interrogation by Colonel Grishanov first described in the book?
3. How is John's SERE training described?
4. How are the briefings of marines at Camp LeJeune and Camp Pendleton described in the book?
5. How does John try to fit into the neighborhood scenery when conducting surveillance and looking for Pam's killer?
6. Why does Angelo's murder upset Henry Tucker?
7. How does John act toward Sandy after running into her in Chapter 12?
8. How does Grishanov get Zacharias to drink vodka despite it being against his religion?
9. How is Oreza's drug bust on a boat described in Chapter 9?
10. How does Colonel Jack Tait die in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast detectives Ryan and Douglas' investigation of Henry Tucker's drug operation with John's. What is telling about John's investigation tactics when compared to the police's? Who appears to have more ethical methods of investigation? What about effectiveness?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of trust portrayed in the book. Does John appear to trust anyone in his life, and what reasons does he have for feeling this way about others?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of emotion in the book. What role does emotion play in John's life? Does his lack of emotion oftentimes allow him to take on the violent missions he has?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)