|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell Pam after she asks him how he feels about her having a drug problem?
2. Who does Pam tell John she wishes to help after revealing Henry Tucker had imprisoned her?
3. What is the name of the prisoner that is introduced in Chapter 3?
4. What does Sam recognize to identify John when is brought into the hospital after being shot?
5. Complete the following sentence by the narrator, "The professional elation of having done something difficult was different from _________, from the nature of the task".
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the drone first show Maxwell, Greer, and Podulski in regard to the prison Zacharias is being held?
2. How does Grishanov get Zacharias to drink vodka despite it being against his religion?
3. How is Maxwell and Podulski's meeting at the Memorial Day celebration at Arlington cemetery described?
4. How does John react after learning Pam's body has been found?
5. How is the Cody-193 drone's purpose first described in the book?
6. How does John know Admiral Maxwell?
7. How is John able to lease Battery Island?
8. How is Zacharias's interrogation by Colonel Grishanov first described in the book?
9. How does John tell Pam he feels about her after learning about her drug problem?
10. Why does Angelo's murder upset Henry Tucker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Most of the time the protagonist and antagonist are opposites, but in this book they have many similarities. Both are murderers who have a goal they are willing to kill for. Compare and contrast the characters John and Henry Tucker. What makes up the fine line that separates John and Henry from being good or bad?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of emotion in the book. What role does emotion play in John's life? Does his lack of emotion oftentimes allow him to take on the violent missions he has?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the presence of psychology in the book. What can the reader learn about the mental state of the book's characters, namely John, based on the police detective's use of a psychologist while searching for the murderer of Henry's drug thugs?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)