|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sarah and Sandy take Doris to meet with her father?
2. What do Americans promise to send to North Vietnamese so that they will go along with their request to release prisoners at Sender Green?
3. What is the name of the ship John takes to get to Vietnam in Boxwood Green?
(a) USS Springer.
(b) USS Ogden.
(c) USS Irvin.
(d) USS Constellation.
4. How many trucks full of soldiers drive into the prison camp unexpectedly that cause John to call off operation Boxwood Green?
5. What is the only thing John can tell Sandy and Sarah about operation Boxwood Green?
(a) That he will be gone a while.
(b) That it is in Vietnam.
(c) That it is top secret.
(d) That it is a rescue mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are the marines hoping to save in operation Boxwood Green?
2. What do the police use to have Xantha look for the old drug den she was working in before being rescued?
3. How long does John have to wait for helicopters to rescue him after he aborts operation Boxwood Green?
4. Complete the sentence from the narrator talking about John, "He was willing to kill others because of that _______, to risk everything for it".
5. What is the name of the man that Peter Henderson meets at a bar and tells him about his friend George?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is John's visit with Sandy just before leaving for the Boxwood Green mission described?
2. How is Peter Henderson's first meeting with a man named Marvin at a restaurant described in the book?
3. How does Henry Tucker find out about Doris going to the police about Pam's death?
4. What does John do after riding the water sled to the Sender Green location?
5. How is the character Georgiy first described in the book?
6. How is Doris's first phone conversation to her father since her rescue described?
7. What does Xantha tell a police officer that picks her up on the street after John released her?
8. How does John plan on getting to land from the USS Ogden during Phase One of Boxwood Green?
9. What does John do with Billy after he kidnaps him and helps save Doris?
10. How does John use a recompression chamber during his interrogation of Billy on Battery Island?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)